Question on Allure booking?

KCTC

Trying to decide on rooms for Dec 15th, Western Allure. The rooms by the elevators, are they noisy? We have our 17 year and 15 year old coming with us. We want oceanview Balcony but not sure if to go with one or 2 rooms. Any advice? Have only cruised with Disney when kids were quite young. Which deck is the best?

Thanks in advance.

The elevator banks are designed to where congregating people are away from staterooms. However, we like to be a little way down a hall from where the masses are. At least 1/2 the people are going the other way and you are not right in front of where everyone will be.

We are booking 2 rooms connecting rooms for our July allure cruise. It only cost a few bucks more. Well worth it for the extra room and 2 bathrooms for our family.

Another popular option people do is book a balcony, then get the kids an interior room right across the hall.

We prefer the connecting rooms. Honestly, it was like $40/pp more for 2 rooms.

One thing too we realized, if you are buying the alcohol package, then 2 rooms is the way to do it if just one person is interested in purchasing the package. Since each person over 18 has to buy it, you can get by with only one person buying the package if you put an adult and kid in each room.

We have sailed Western Caribbean on both Oasis and Allure. The ships usually dock starboard side facing the island (at every port). We chose cabins on the starboard side for this reason. Our first sailing on Oasis we chose cabin 12594 which is a D1 hump cabin. The interior of the cabins in D8-D1 are identical but the D1 have larger balconies. On our Allure cruise my parents came along and we booked cabins 12598 and 12600 and the cabin attendant opened the balcony divider for us so we could sit out on a larger balcony together. We decided against connecting cabins as we wanted a little privacy. The reason we chose deck 12 was that our son wanted to go to Adventure Ocean kids club on deck 14 so it was only one deck up. We had no noise from the pool deck 15.

When choosing a cabin try to pick a cabin that has a cabin above it and below it. This will minimize noise from public areas. I have heard that deck 8 is popular as you can stroll through Central Park to get from one end of the ship to the other rather than walking down the corridors. :D

We had 3 people in our cabin (my son is 7). He slept on the sofabed. He thought it was comfortable but my partner slept on it one night and found it a bit uncomfortable for him. My advice would be to get two cabins - maybe with a connecting door - get the balcony divider opened and enjoy.

Trying to decide on rooms for Dec 15th, Western Allure. The rooms by the elevators, are they noisy? We have our 17 year and 15 year old coming with us. We want oceanview Balcony but not sure if to go with one or 2 rooms. Any advice? Have only cruised with Disney when kids were quite young. Which deck is the best?

Thanks in advance.

I would get 2 rooms as previously recommended.

Deck 8 is great because Central Park location, very convenient for coffee and breakfast in the morning.

Also, the elevators are nowhere near the rooms, so do not be concerned about that.

Definitely with kids that age go for 2 cabins. Whether you go with connecting or across the hall depends on how trustworthy you feel your kids are. We did an oceanview balcony for us and a central park view for our kids on Allure, worked great for us. We were on deck 12 which was fine, can't help on if another floor would be better but we would book there again.

Archived