Christmas on the Adventure with Max's Mom: My Photo Diary

We just crashed in our room for the remainder of the afternoon. I finished a book and John watched the NFL. We had such a big lunch' date=' that we just got some sandwiches for dinner. We got to bed early because we had an early flight in the morning.[/size']

More views from our room. You can see how close this hotel is to the beach. Nice location. Lots of inexpensive restaurants in the area, also.

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

We were up at 5 AM on Monday morning and got ourselves over to the aeropuerto. Taxis were readily available at that hour of the morning. Another nice thing about this hotel is its availability to the airport. About 5 minutes. We got to the airport and ran our stuff quicly tbrough the USDA check point, then checked in with Delta.....no lines. We went quickly through security and were on our way.

What a great trip......just way too short. Thank goodness we booked another cruise while on board! Next up......The Independence of the Seas 8 night on March 30th for Spring Break. Then retirement in June and the sky's the limit!! Woo Hoo!

Well, friends.....thanks for reading! I apologize again for my stupid mistake with the pictures. Still shaking my head about that! I may try to copy and paste and reinsert the pictures in a new thread. But that will have to wait until the week-end. We'll see. Keep an eye out for it just in case!

So .....now it's time for a toast to all our cruise buddies past, present,.......and future. Hope to see you on a Royal Caribbean cruise again real soon! (And often!!)

DSC_0290.jpg

Here's a parting shot from the beach in Curacao:

Curacao.jpg

Enjoyed your review.icon14.gif Looking forward to Adventure in December.

Joyce

Hi Jane -

By the time I got around to reading your review, you had vaporized most of the pictures. Bummer. Your last cruise as a teacher!

In answer to the question about what MVC stands for, if those facilities were Marriotts, the MVC = Marriott Vacation Club, their time share operation. We own two weeks and traded those two weeks plus a third week banked the prior year for our upcoming cruise on the Oasis in September. We use their new point system.

I take over a 1000 pictures a trip and store them in a trip folder on an external hard drive that only holds all our travel pictures. I only post 20% or so of the trip photos to the photo website. What I do is to create a sub-directory below the cruise directory and store the selected copies in the order I want them to appear when they go up to the website. Then I upload the photos in one shot from the sub-directory to the website.

Since Webshots is closing down I can re-create all the albums to the new photo website by just doing a bulk upload of the sorted sub-directories. Very little time involved and they re appear in short order in the new place in the original sequence.

Hey Dave!

Thanks for all that info!

Actually I have one more cruise as a teacher and that's on Spring Break.

Believe me......I will not be deleting any more photos!

Our spring break is the week before, so we'll finish our cruise as you're getting started. Hope you have a great one. We'll be back to San Juan for the Brilliance this time around. Let us know how your next one goes, and I hope you have a great remainder of your school year.

Our spring break is the week before, so we'll finish our cruise as you're getting started. Hope you have a great one. We'll be back to San Juan for the Brilliance this time around. Let us know how your next one goes, and I hope you have a great remainder of your school year.

Thanks so much! A lot to do between now and the end of the school year.....but the end is in sight. I can almost see that light at the end of the tunnel! Almost........

I'm sitting here contemplating redoing this thread so that the pictures can be there. A lot of friends and family haven't seen it yet. We'll see.

Archived