Spring Break

DUCHESSRN

We are on Breeze B2B starting 3/2 ending 3/16 ....as we are retired I am not sure when Spring Break is .

As we are in a Cove for the first time I am thinking of upgrading to a Spa Balcony the second bit of B2B in case Cove deck is packed and noisy ,I also heard there is sometimes an elevator problem with the amount of people going up and down.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I did a 5 day cruise over Spring break with my daughters a couple years back. I expected absolute and udder chaos....but it never happened.

Sure, the ship was full, but it was really fine. More people watching to do!

Two areas I noticed:

1. Morning buffet line was really long, but we don't take time for hot breakfast anyway...usually still full from the day before!!! Grab some fruit and go.

2. Decks very full on sea days. We grabbed some lounge chairs near the aft, which was fine with us - we weren't going in the pool anyway.

We tendered into Grand Cayman - had an early excursion booked, so headed down to wait for tenders early. We were on the first one.

Don't sweat it and go with the flow!!!

Have a GREAT cruise!

Peg

My husband and I took a cruise during Spring Break one time. Our kids were no longer in school, so it didn't really occur to us what time of year it was. It wasn't until we were boarding our cruise and saw all the early 20's passengers that it dawned on us.

Now, we've never had a BAD cruise, but I list that cruise as our "worst" just because I'm not a big fan of obnoxious drunks, and a whole lot of those early 20's passengers fit in to that category. I remember going into the disco one night (we love to dance!) and one of the girls had on a halter-top dress, and she kept untying the halter at her neck and dropping the top so that she was dancing topless. She would put it back up whenever security looked like they were coming by.

I'm not a prude, but it was impossible for me to enjoy dancing in that environment, so we avoided it.

Since then, we've paid much closer attention to what else is happening in the world when we think about booking a cruise! *LOL* But, we enjoyed even our "worst" cruise!

Archived