What to do in Aruba

sema4

Beautiful pictures Lisa. I only have been to Aruba once for a day on a cruise in April. It was so windy, sand was blowing everywhere. Is this normal? Thanks.
Tradewinds in Aruba do average 17 mph but are much higher during certain months, such as June. April is about average though, average highest gusts are 34 mph. It sounds as if you were there on a particularly windy day.

Some dislike Palm beach because it is more crowded than Eagle beach, but if the wind and sand bother you, with the exception of a couple of resorts, most of them along Palm beach actually help to block a lot of the wind.

If you have the time, do the Natural Pool. My wife and I went there on a Carnival excursion and had a blast! The trip there is quite bumpy on the jeep, but very fun (they do warn about the off-road adventure to get there). Very cool area.

Re: We used Bully a week or so ago. In three hours or so he covers the standard sites at a very unhurried pace and with a continuous conversation/narrative. He will tailor the tour completely to your requirements - we actually did 4 hours. He met us at the Terminal with a sign with our name, and dropped us off in town within easy walking distance of the ship. He's limited to 5 passengers + infant (he has a car seat). bullytaxi79@hotmail.com. ken

I hear you Ken, Bully was awesome. I really enjoyed the relaxed and leisurely tour as opposed to being herded around. If I go to Aruba again I will definately use Bullys taxi. :D

Never been to Aruba, and was wondering what to do without going on a sponsored tour...We are from south florida, so the beach is not a top priority,unless they are spectacular...any suggestions?

We just returned from a cruise to Aruba, we were there on Jan 30. I booked Sonny Binns 2 days before we left home. He was very prompt in replying. He gave me directions to where he would be at the pier, he was there. He had 2 vans, one appeared full and the one we were on had 19. Our driver was Howard who works with Sonny. Sonny did get on the bus and welcome everyone beforer we left the pier. We drove through residences, pulled over to show the difference in gated and not with explanation, went to a site where we climbed a huge rock formation and could see our ship in the distance. Then on through countryside stopping at a couple sites, one to check out cashews growing and the other native pictographs then on to the Natural Bridge Site, we were given 20 min here to take photos, etc then onto the Alto Chapel and California Lighthouse. Most of our group got out at the beach, Howard would return to pick them up and we went downtown for shopping. He left us off right at the vendors at the top of the pier. He showed us where to enter the pier to get back on the boat. The tour was to be 2 hours but was really 4, Howard had tons of stories and lots of info to share on Aruba. He answered any question we had. I would recommend this tour to anyone, we paid $30.00.

Archived