NCL - cave tubing

Mollycat

Hello,

My husband and I have booked the cave tubing excursion through NCL...we will be on the Dawn in February. Does anybody know which tour company they use...or if the one they use uses the tubes with the head rests? We're thinking of cancelling our tour and booking privately with VIV. My husband is just worried about Private Tours about getting back to the ship on time. He worries if there's an accident or something unexpected happens and we don't get back on time. Any info would help. Thanks!!

Shannon

We did the excursion with .bz and had a BLAST! They also have the headrest and link the tubes now (since we were there last). I would HIGHLY recommend them and highly recommend using a local company.

You have to realize that these companies DEPEND on the cruise ships business. They go out of their way to please you and the last thing they want is for you to come back to cruise critic or on tripadvisor or anywhere and bad mouth their company.

This is what they do for a living. They know the ship times, they know how long it takes to tour, eat, and so on...they will have you back in plenty of time...even time for some shopping in port before going back on the ship.

Also, there are plenty of vans and back up if something was to happen. They have radio (walkie talkie) service and all keep in touch with each other. If someone had a flat tire or an issue, believe someone else would be there to help. ;)

Here is my complete review when we went in September last year...well wait, it's 2013, so I guess I can officially say the year before but it still feels like last year :p

There is a link to the bottom with tons of pictures that day:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30667696&postcount=44

It was an "unbelizable" experience (you will know what I'm talking about when you read my review on what all we did there on the way to the caves). :D

If you look under cave tubing with vitalino reyes on tripadvisor, you will see they are ranked #1

I saw the NCL cave tubing excursion doesn't have very good reviews on MyNCL. Does .bz carry your tubes for you? Thinking about VIV for that reason. Are there any weight limits on the tubes? How strenuous is the walk through the jungle?

Thanks you so much! I think we will try that company out. We may as well save some money and likely have a better, less crowded excursion.

Only another 46 days!!!

You are very welcome. They were wonderful and we had a great day with great food and learned a lot about Belize that day!

I saw the NCL cave tubing excursion doesn't have very good reviews on MyNCL. Does .bz carry your tubes for you? Thinking about VIV for that reason. Are there any weight limits on the tubes? How strenuous is the walk through the jungle?

Yes, .bz will carry your tubes if you can't. The walk is not bad. We had several older couples (guessing in their 70's) and one had a knee replacement. They went as slow as needed. There are a lot of stops along the way so you are not walking, walking, walking the entire time. Remember, we also had a 3 year old with us at the time and her little legs didn't go that fast either. :D

Archived