Ages 18-26 on DCL

knicksak2

I am 22 years old and I am going on my first cruise with DCL in August on the Fantasy with my family. Ive been on many cruises before and I was always able to meet people my age to hang out with but I'm not sure about the ages on DCL. Are there many people (both boys and girls) who are in the like 18-26 range on DCL or will I have trouble finding people my age.

I am 22 years old and I am going on my first cruise with DCL in August on the Fantasy with my family. Ive been on many cruises before and I was always able to meet people my age to hang out with but I'm not sure about the ages on DCL. Are there many people (both boys and girls) who are in the like 18-26 range on DCL or will I have trouble finding people my age.

At 18, on DCL, you can participate in any activities/areas that are deemed "adult only". As well as any "family" activities. What you cannot do is participate in any of the kids areas (Vibe - 14-17 years; Edge - 11-14 years; Oceaneers Club/Lab 3-12 years).

There is an 18-21 group (formerly known as the College Social Hour), but, at 22, you wouldn't be in that group, either.

Since you're going in August, I guess that you will stand a good chance to meet up with more people in your ages range, since colleges will generally be out during that time.

:)

I've cruised when I was 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 25. Next time I'll be 25 when I cruise. You can do all the adult activities, if your over 21 you can do tastings for beer, martini, etc. Try going to the night club, I've meet many cool people ther ranging in adult ages. The cruise staff is great at getting people to have fun as well

There's not going to be nearly as many young adults on a Disney Cruise as there are on Carnival, Norwegian, or Royal Caribbean cruises (at least not those in the same walk of life...). However, I've been on many cruises where I was the minority (except instead of being surrounded by families, I was cruising with seniors), and I've found that it's actually easier to meet people your age in this scenerio because they stand out and are usually looking for someone to hang out with. The best cruise friendships I've made were on ships where there weren't many other young people.

Yea i figured there would be less on DCL thats what i was worried about. Im sure there will be some of them it just depends on how hard they are to find. Personally i really like disney things and am a big kid at heart so im excited to try DCL but it would be nice to have people to hang out with.

Archived