Prepaid Gratuity

We booked our cruise in January and told the Travel Agent we wanted to prepay the gratuity in advance to avoid having to worry about it on the ship. Now when I called up to pay the balance I was told that the price did NOT include the gratuity. Does anyone know how I can verify this? Should it have been spelled out on my confirmation papers?

Sounds as if your TA just forgot to add the gratuities when giving you the total price. When you got your confirmation, didn't you notice that the pre-paid gratuities were not listed? On my confirmations, everything is itemized....but that's from a Carnival PVP. Maybe your agency does things differently?

At any rate, it shouldn't be a problem to add them when you're paying your balance. Call and ask her.:)

Gratuities was never given in the toal price. It will only be paid with the final payment. Check your first confirmation to see if it was indeed on there listed as prepaid tips.

When we sailed on a CTN tips was mandatory and it was not listed on my confirmation but was lsited on the final bill.

Archived