If we have to reschedule, is it worth it?

july128

My children attend a private school where the fall break has been the same since my daughter started kindergarten 11 years ago. This year the school is considering changing the break. The problem is we already have a cruise booked. I'm not sure if they change the break if I should a) pull them out of school or b) book a new cruise. This mainly depends on money of course. So my question is, what kind of hit would I take if I had to rebook a new cruise? We got an AWESOME deal booking onboard for the new ship the Breeze on our last cruise and that is why we booked so far in advance.

If we change the cruise (different ship, itinerary, everything) how much would that cost us? We aren't doing any of the price drop stuff or early saver. If the new cruise was cheaper would we get that money back? Would it be better just to pull the kids out? Honestly I don't even know what exactly to ask. Anyone who has been in this situation, I would appreciate advice on how your experience went!

My children attend a private school where the fall break has been the same since my daughter started kindergarten 11 years ago. This year the school is considering changing the break. The problem is we already have a cruise booked. I'm not sure if they change the break if I should a) pull them out of school or b) book a new cruise. This mainly depends on money of course. So my question is, what kind of hit would I take if I had to rebook a new cruise? We got an AWESOME deal booking onboard for the new ship the Breeze on our last cruise and that is why we booked so far in advance.

If we change the cruise (different ship, itinerary, everything) how much would that cost us? We aren't doing any of the price drop stuff or early saver. If the new cruise was cheaper would we get that money back? Would it be better just to pull the kids out? Honestly I don't even know what exactly to ask. Anyone who has been in this situation, I would appreciate advice on how your experience went!

Since you didn't book ES, you should be able to cancel up till final payment with no penalty. On the replacement cruise you'd book, you would be paying the going rate.

I don't know what would happen to the OBC you probably got from booking onboard. (At least I think you would have received OBC) That probably would not transfer to the new booking (even though I think it should).

Missing 5 days of school is not much since children seem to learn more on a cruise about the countries they visit than they would the first few days of school. Since they have been attending this school, they already have an established group of friends so missing a few days would not be as traumatic as starting a new school. As parents, you know your children best and if they are old enough, asking them about this problem might help you make a decision. Good luck. ;)

PLEASE don't open that can of worms by asking, "Should we take our kids out of school for a cruise"!!

If you really want to read all of the comments about what people have to say about that, just do a search. You'll be reading them for days.

PLEASE don't open that can of worms by asking, "Should we take our kids out of school for a cruise"!!

If you really want to read all of the comments about what people have to say about that, just do a search. You'll be reading them for days.

I wasn't nesecarrily asking if I should take the kids out. I was trying to figure out if it would be worth the hassle or if I would save myself some pain by just completely rebooking it if it had minimal consequences to do so. Thanks for your input anyway.

Archived