Day Trip to Nevis with Lunch Excursion?

cruiselover10

Has anyone done this excursion thru RCCL? We have been to St. Kitts before but never to Nevis. It also mentions lunch at the LIME Beach Bar which I have read good reviews for. How is the food and what was the lunch? Would you recommend this tour? :o

I have not done this particular excursion through RCCL, but I have been to Nevis and I have eaten at Lime. I have also visited the plantations that are listed as stops on this tour. Nevis is beautiful and an extremely friendly island. One of my favorite destinations in the Caribbean. We stayed on a resort in Nevis, but a very popular day trip is to rent a car and drive around to visit the various plantations on the island. The Golden Ball Plantation sticks out in my mind in particular because I recall all the monkeys. They seemed to be everywhere at that stop. Lime is very relaxed and casual. Our food was great. In fact, I can recall being pleasantly surprised. At the time one of the co-owners worked at Nisbet Plantation Inn, and we were guests there. He encouraged us to visit Lime. We were apprehensive but it wound up being a great rec. This was almost 3 years ago so there may have been changes since then...? Not sure. It was a open air bar and restaurant and it was right at the beach. We did not visit the beach there, the day we went it was overcast and chilly.

If you go, have fun!

Thanks so much for the info. Alot of our cruises we book private tours because the ship tours are so much more expensive, but this is a long day tour and we always want to make sure we are back in plenty of time when the ship leaves port. Last time in St. Kitts, we toured the island thru one of the locals, an elderly man named Joseph who lived in St. Kitts his whole life and it was a wonderful tour. He was very proud of St. Kitts and had a nice air conditioned new van for us to travel in.:)

Has anyone done this excursion thru RCCL? We have been to St. Kitts before but never to Nevis. It also mentions lunch at the LIME Beach Bar which I have read good reviews for. How is the food and what was the lunch? Would you recommend this tour? :o

Nevis is easy to do on your own. Check out my Indy review for info on a day trip to Nevis.

Nevis is easy to do on your own. Check out my Indy review for info on a day trip to Nevis.
Nice review. I can't provide a review, but I've taken the ferry from St. Kitts to Nevis and back. IMO easy and inexpensive. But how ever you sail over, it is a beautiful ride.

Thom

Archived