Need Help..... Star Ship Model

camz

We collect the Ship Models (sold in the Duty Free stores of the ship), for the various NCL cruises we have been on. During our recent cruise aboard the NCL Star the Galleria Gift Shop was out of these models. The manager advised us we could order one off of the NCL website when we got home. However, that is not the case. I have been in contact with NCL and they advised me to contact Flagship Retail (Duffy). Basically, they advised me that if getting this item is important, than book another cruise aboard the Star. That is very well and good, but they may still be out of them onboard the ship. They claim they can't sell any items, except on the ship. Anyway, I have exhausted all avenues of obtaining the Star Ship Model. If anyone, has one and wants to sell it, has any suggestions, or is boarding the Star and would be willing to be in search of one for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I welcome your thoughts on this subject! Thank You! :)

The same thing happened to me on our July cruise to Bermuda.

I had posted in my review about my adventures in trying to obtain one.

Someone who was sailing the Star a month after I did offered to purchase one for me on her cruise. When she cruised they did have them back in stock & did obtain one for me. We e-mailed & she shipped the ship to me & I had sent her a check. I had offered to mail her a ck before she sailed, but she said just to wait until after she sailed, just in case they didn't have any when she sailed.

You may want to go to a roll call that is in the future & explain your situation & maybe you can find someone willing to purchase one for you. Good luck! :)

Camz, have you tried a couple of roll calls of upcoming Star cruises and asking if anyone would be willing to pick one up for you?

Sorry lost sailor, I hadn't read your response before I posted, great minds think alike I guess.

Camz, have you tried a couple of roll calls of upcoming Star cruises and asking if anyone would be willing to pick one up for you?

Sorry lost sailor, I hadn't read your response before I posted, great minds think alike I guess.

Lost Sailor and Che - Thanks for your suggestion. I didn't think of that. I really appreciate your guidance. :)

We collect the Ship Models (sold in the Duty Free stores of the ship), for the various NCL cruises we have been on. During our recent cruise aboard the NCL Star the Galleria Gift Shop was out of these models. The manager advised us we could order one off of the NCL website when we got home. However, that is not the case. I have been in contact with NCL and they advised me to contact Flagship Retail (Duffy). Basically, they advised me that if getting this item is important, than book another cruise aboard the Star. That is very well and good, but they may still be out of them onboard the ship. They claim they can't sell any items, except on the ship. Anyway, I have exhausted all avenues of obtaining the Star Ship Model. If anyone, has one and wants to sell it, has any suggestions, or is boarding the Star and would be willing to be in search of one for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I welcome your thoughts on this subject! Thank You! :)

We will be onboard on Feb 24th, 2013. Let me know if you want me to look!

Cheryl

We will be onboard on Feb 24th, 2013. Let me know if you want me to look!

Cheryl

Awesome! That would be great! I so much appreciate it after getting the run around for the last three months. My email address is camz0001 with yahoo. Please contact me for more info. A million thanks........

Awesome! That would be great! I so much appreciate it after getting the run around for the last three months. My email address is camz0001 with yahoo. Please contact me for more info. A million thanks........

Check your email!

We'll be on the Star but not until March 10th. If you don't have one by then we will be happy to look for one for you. Let us know closer to the time.

Cheers lonnie at cottagecountry dot net

Archived