Size/Type of Cribs Provided?

Scotch

I've read a few threads that state the cribs provided on Carnival ships are ones with metal bars and about half the size of regular full size cribs. Does anyone have the dimensions? How thick are the mattresses? How do they compare with the standard pack n' plays? We are still undecided about cruising with our baby, who will be roughly 16 months old at the time of our next tentative vacation date (to a place not yet decided). He hates pack n' plays, so the few trips we've taken with him to Orlando (staying at resorts that only provide pack n' plays) we've rented full size wooden cribs from baby furniture rental companies that deliver to hotel rooms. If the onboard cribs are even smaller than pack n' plays, then we are definitely not cruising for awhile.

Hi there

There people in the cabin next to us had a crib and sometimes it was in the hallway ( their cabin was closer to the elevator , more room in the hallway) while the steward cleaned

It was the ones with the metal bars and was the size of a pack and play, but higher of the ground. I would say about 2 feet off the ground.

call a local hotel chain and ask them the type that they use. If it is the metal crib, ask the dimensions. I know the Marriott Residence around here uses the metal ones.

Enjoy :)

ooo scotch-- I thought that was a pack and play- I know when the lady that posted those photos sailed I thought she said it was a pack and play and she took her own sheets.

Have you checked on the family board for that information? here is the link to that area-- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Hi, The cribs in the cabins are not pack 'n' plays but they are roughly the same size. Camp Carnival, if you take him for late night babysitting DOES use pack 'n' plays. You can buy bedrails at toy's 'R' us and take them onboard with you. They fit the bed and you really only need one.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all again for responding. Knowing that we can get a crib (with bars) cinched our decision for us -- we narrowed the cruiselines down to Princess (which also offers cribs) and Carnival. (I was upset only two cruise lines offer an option other than pack n plays in cabins for babies.) Even though these cribs are smaller than pack n' plays, I think we'll be fine. The look like the type used at his daycare. So I just booked us on the Carnival Glory's August 6th sailing! I am very excited since DH and I had previously figured we won't be able to cruise again until our son is much older. But reading these boards gave us courage to try a cruise with a 16 month old.

I must admit I am a bit concerned that we are not Carnival people since we are not party folks; hence Carnival was never previously on our list of cruiselines to try. But now that I've already paid in full for this coming cruise, we will have to give Carnival a try!

Another question for those who have used Carnival's cribs, did you bring your own sheets? If so, what size? Would the pack n play sheets fit if I bring duck tape for tucking?

Celebrity uses real wood cribs and are quite big. We took our then 10 month old and he had plenty of room. Sorry I dont have any pictures. Believe it or not, Celebrity is great for kids.

Celebrity uses real wood cribs and are quite big. We took our then 10 month old and he had plenty of room. Sorry I dont have any pictures. Believe it or not, Celebrity is great for kids.

Really? I searched on the Celebrity board and I thought folks reported pack n plays. Now I've got to go back and do another search; maybe Celebrity offers both and it'll be luck of the draw. Thanks for telling me.

Back then I think I thought it was going to be a pak n play based on posts from here, and I think Celebrity told me that on the phone, but it turned out to be this really nice wood porta crib. We were in a suite but I cant see how that would matter. Celebrity also provides baby food and formula and for the under 3 kids, a treasure chest of toys for their exclusive use the entire cruise. It was on the Summit, one of the newer ships.

Archived