Chris' & Ginny's Breeze Review w/ Large Pictures

sonicbuffalo

Please tell us how your wife liked her RING????? And Thanks for such a wonderful tour and review!

I tried to get Ginny to go for an Emerald ring I saw in another store, but she told me she wanted a Sapphire...which is her birthstone...and she has blue eyes so it matches her well...She said she didn't have many clothes that would go with the Emerald, so I asked a Jose in the shop I took a picture of, if he had any Sapphire rings we could look at. He pulled out 3 and Ginny chose this one. She loves it, and the Sapphire is surrounded by diamonds. Whenever she wears it, I am always wanting to look at it too! It looks good on her. I might have to post another picture of it on here...I'll have to take another one first!

Thanks for asking! Glad you are enjoying the review!

Thank you for going to the time and effort to post!! Sailing 1/27 in an aft balcony cabin and can't wait!! :D

Enjoy your sailing...and I'm sure you will! I have someone else to be jealous of. The one thing I will say again is that the crew treated us great! They were always willing to help us in any way they could!

I found this review from a Cruise Critic link on Facebook - so glad I stopped by to look and your pictures and read your thoughts. I've only cruised on Royal Caribbean, but I've entertained Carnival for a while now. (Need more time and money to make all my plans a reality! LOL) The ship looks nice, and I'm adding it to my list of "wanna-do's." By the way, how were the crowds/crowd flow?

Thanks for taking the time to write!

The only real problem with traffic flow was in the corridor leading to the Punchliner's Comedy Club before the show since they wouldn't let people in very early ahead of show time and it caused a bottleneck. That and the aft elevators was always a big line waiting to get on them. Other than that, lines were never a problem. Hope you get to sail on the Breeze real soon! You'll love her.

thanks for the review! I so want to book her! How did you like Ken Byrnes? We met him on the inguarual of Carnival Glory.. gives me one more reason to book!

Simply put, he was one big reason we wanted to dine in the MDR every night. He was the best! He gave me a business card with his information of his website on it. A very nice guy and man could he sing! My wife and I will always remember eating dinner to his singing. We loved it!

All those people sitting, waiting to board look like they've just been told the Ship will be very late getting into port!! Grumpy-looking bunch, for sure! :D
long

I noticed that as I took the picture...I mean here we were not having to wait all that long to board, and it's a new ship...and whoever called them 'Grumpy Gus's ' made me laugh. I hope they had a great time!

I been to Nassua before but never hit up any beaches

How is Junkaroo Beach. ?

is it in walking distance or Bus

I also hear there is a beach called Cable Beach further ?

We've only been to Junkaroo Beach....it seemed like a local hangout...easily within walking distance to the ship. In fact we walked to both the beach and the Straw Market in less than an hour. We didn't spend a lot of time at the beach....just checked it out and headed to the Straw Market...

Thanks Chris for the awesome review! Loved all the pictures! We sail on March 30th, we are doing Grand Turk, Curacao, Aruba and Dominican. This will be our first balcony (just a regular one). Did you become a gold member while on this cruise? We need 4 points to reach gold so this cruise should get us there. Also do they still have a Captain Gala night with complimentary apps and drinks? Or past guest nights? I'm assuming they may not have past guest nights now that they have the rankings. And thanks for all the wonderful pictures! Really appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks Chris for the awesome review! Loved all the pictures! We sail on March 30th, we are doing Grand Turk, Curacao, Aruba and Dominican. This will be our first balcony (just a regular one). Did you become a gold member while on this cruise? We need 4 points to reach gold so this cruise should get us there. Also do they still have a Captain Gala night with complimentary apps and drinks? Or past guest nights? I'm assuming they may not have past guest nights now that they have the rankings. And thanks for all the wonderful pictures! Really appreciate your time and effort.

We loved the itinerary you're going on so much we're going back to Aruba and Curacao (my favorite) on our NCL cruise in October for another anniversary cruise. Yes, we became Gold while on the cruise. They gave us the Gold cards before we left and we were invited to the past guest party...one of my pictures shows the invites. I believe they had a Captain's Gala type of night on the first formal night, which drinks were $1 off for a certain amount of time. It's kind of foggy so don't quote me on that part.

Thanks for the compliments! Glad you enjoyed the pictures and review!

We loved the itinerary you're going on so much we're going back to Aruba and Curacao (my favorite) on our NCL cruise in October for another anniversary cruise. Yes, we became Gold while on the cruise. They gave us the Gold cards before we left and we were invited to the past guest party...one of my pictures shows the invites. I believe they had a Captain's Gala type of night on the first formal night, which drinks were $1 off for a certain amount of time. It's kind of foggy so don't quote me on that part.

Thanks for the compliments! Glad you enjoyed the pictures and review!

Any suggestions for those ports? I'm really excited for these ports as well. I really don't drink but would have a "free" drink lol. When we sailed many moons ago we got to go to two different hours where you had apps and complimentary drinks. My husband would prefer that (and I prefer they are free lol).

Thanks for all the pictures of the Breeze. My wife and I are going in a cruise on her in May, it'll be my first cruise. The review also helps me know somewhat what to expect. Again I thank you.

I'm sure you'll both have a great time. Be careful walking in the Lido Marketplace. The tiles are slick even though nothing is wet or spilled on them. Take small steps and you should be fine. Enjoy your cruise!

Grand Turk I would figure as a beachday. DR, Ginny and I went and took the 7$ Alto Dr Chavon bus and just did some sight seeing there. Look for my link below to check out our other cruises. There are pictures of Alto De Chavon there. We did an excursion of Aruba with Bully, and had him reserved ahead of time. We took another excursion with Irie Tours in Curacao. We didn-t use any Carnival sponsored excursions and we saw a lot of the islands. If you have any other questions, please ask. As always, I'll give you my best answers!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

the last time we were in Grand turks I spent hours (and I mean hours) in the water collecting sea glass. Next time I will bring a small net. It's beautiful, and if you look at the shops that sell it, they get it right from the water there!

thanks for the link to Ken!

From one of the secret decks looking forward....not really secret, but you have to hunt for the doors to get out there...

Another picture from the forward deck....does that give you a hint as to where the secret door is?

CarnivalBreeze120812162_zps5ae8e0c1.jpg

Which floors have the doors to go to the front? We enjoyed doing this our last cruise as not too many people know about them.

Thank you for the great review and pics! Im looking to book the Breeze and am considering the aft ext balcony rooms. But I have read that they really dont have that much more usable space because the glass wall tilts in. Is that true? Do you have any pics of the baclony? How was the noise level there at night? Thanks for any insight you can offer as to whether or not the extra space is really worth it.

Thank you for the great review and pics! Im looking to book the Breeze and am considering the aft ext balcony rooms. But I have read that they really dont have that much more usable space because the glass wall tilts in. Is that true? Do you have any pics of the baclony? How was the noise level there at night? Thanks for any insight you can offer as to whether or not the extra space is really worth it.

Partially correct....the glass does tilt in, but having had a regular balcony too, I can attest to the fact that there is more room on an extended balcony. They have put 2 regular chairs and a lounger and a small end table on the last three aft balconies we've had. I just love it for the view and extra leg room the most. I don't have any pictures of the balcony, sorry....it would be hard unless you had a fisheye lens to take a picture of one. I love the view from the aft balconies too. It's all up to you though, and whether you want to spend the extra money. I didn't figure it was all that much more...hope this helps some! No matter what, enjoy the VIEW!

Thanks for the great review. We will be on the Breeze in less than 2 weeks. Have looked at all the reviews and no one has mentioned the movies on the big screen. Can you remember if they were recent movies or older ones. Once again thanks for the great review.:)

Thanks for the great review. We will be on the Breeze in less than 2 weeks. Have looked at all the reviews and no one has mentioned the movies on the big screen. Can you remember if they were recent movies or older ones. Once again thanks for the great review.:)

We only saw one movie, and that was an older James Bond movie. The answer is they play older movies. I do remember a Randy Travis concert and I think a Mariah Carey concert they played during the day. Hope you have a great cruise! Be safe and enjoy the tropics!

the last time we were in Grand turks I spent hours (and I mean hours) in the water collecting sea glass. Next time I will bring a small net. It's beautiful, and if you look at the shops that sell it, they get it right from the water there!

thanks for the link to Ken!

I have never heard of that before....thanks for sharing that info with me.