Best excursion while in St. Maarten w/ 5,6,10,12 & 14 yr.old?

I wouldn't bother with taking any excursions in St. Maarten, best shopping on the island is in Philipsburg. You can take a watertaxi from the pier over there and back.

Best beach is Orient beach, taxis are always available to go over there and back. Orient beach is spectacular and has all the amenities you could want at a beach.

We're on the Mariner 7/10. We're a family of 10. We are intersted in some beach time for the family as well as some shopping for the Mom's. Can anyone recommend any of RCCL excursions? Thank you!

When in St. Martin with my 9 and 12 1/2 year old, we went to the beach just off the pier and rented a jet ski! The kids really enjoyed the beach and the water sports! As for Orient Beach, be careful with the nudity and the kids, that is why we opted for this other beach.

Although I can't speak from personal experience, I haven't heard of, or read one unhappy tourist who took the America's Cup Sailing Regatta. Now, I don't know whether or not there are age restrictions, but you can go to RCI website, or call the Shore Excursions desk to check on that. Don't know what your budget is. The excursion is pricey, but I hear very exciting. I'll take it in October when I'll be in Sint Maarten.

On my last trip to Sint Maarten, I took the Golden Eagle Island Sailaway, and loved every minute of it. That too is somewhat pricey, but I can highly recommend this one without hestitation.

Good Luck,

Best,

Bruce

Holland America, ms Volendam; December 16th, 2004, 11 Nights, Southern Carribean

Holland America, ms Zuideram, April 9th, 2005, 7 Nights, Eastern Carribean

Soon To Sail on the Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

Archived