Elite Cocktail Party

DanishBeauty

My sister and I are traveling together and in the same cabin. She has mobility issues and will need my help getting around the ship. She is elite status but I am not. My question is, will I be allowed to accompany her to the Elite Cocktail Party each evening in Michaels Pub?

My sister and I are traveling together and in the same cabin. She has mobility issues and will need my help getting around the ship. She is elite status but I am not. My question is, will I be allowed to accompany her to the Elite Cocktail Party each evening in Michaels Pub?

Yes, see the Captains club host to get an access card.

Since you are sharing a SR with an Elite, your sister, you will get a card showing you are Elite and can get access. You should get it when you check in pierside. Make sure then that your card reflects this status. Much easier.

You will not get the Elite bonus sheets for Internet and laundry useage as will your sister, but you'll have full access to the Elite breakfast and to the Elite Social in the afternoon, which depending on the number of Elites, will be in Michaels or the forward Sky Lounge. We had so many on out TA, we got drink vouchers, but that isn't the norm.

Enjoy!

Den

Another question - what if the ship is using drink coupons because of a large amount of elite members on that cruise - because only one person in the cabin is elite, would they receive 3 coupons of 6 coupons daily?

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

I know that Elite members receive the drink coupons when there are too many Elites on board to congregate in Michael's Club. My question...what sort of drinks are we served? Top shelf or bottom shelf brands? Any old wine or some nice selections? Martinis and other specially mixed drinks? Just curious. DH and I are sailing on the Elclipse on the 26th and we have been informed about the "many Elites" problem.

I know that Elite members receive the drink coupons when there are too many Elites on board to congregate in Michael's Club. My question...what sort of drinks are we served? Top shelf or bottom shelf brands? Any old wine or some nice selections? Martinis and other specially mixed drinks? Just curious. DH and I are sailing on the Elclipse on the 26th and we have been informed about the "many Elites" problem.
Mid-shelf [eg Dewars scotch]. No frozen drinks, but vodka and gin martinis, appletinis, cosmos, Manhattans, etc. Depending on the actual event location a good "rapport" with your waiter may result in improved selections. After tipping the first night, the second I got a double Chivas rather than a single Dewars. I did not complain but want to make clear that I had made no request, and I had not tipped in order to beat the system.

Thom

Another question - what if the ship is using drink coupons because of a large amount of elite members on that cruise - because only one person in the cabin is elite, would they receive 3 coupons of 6 coupons daily?

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

On our 12/1 Transatlantic we got 6...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here is a link to a copy of the letter from our cruise with the drink menu. The drinks selection is the same as that served when the social hour is in a specific lounge.

Elite-Voucher-Letter-339x450.jpg

Note that the liquor used in the martinis and mixed drinks is the basic kind and not top shelf.

Personally, we don't drink a lot. Usually one martini before dinner. So I prefer to have a nicer martini at the martini bar with the premium liquor rather than a larger quantity of complimentary martinis or other drinks and usually take a pass on the free drinks. I'd rather pay for one great drink then get a free one that isn't all that great.

That's my personal preference and there are many others that really enjoy the drinks on the Captain's Club menu.

Interesting vis-a-vis martini quality, since for years I have been a fan of Beefeaters martinis (which is the type offered in the elite happy hour). However, I have recently discovered a vodka offered by Costco; and, I am now of fan of that brand of martini. Before, I would never consumed a vodka martini, but now I am sold. As a matter of fact, I may motor there tomorrow to replenish my supply.

Archived