Island Princess - balcony cabin with pull down bed

Cookmb

We are scheduled on the Island Princess departing on June 24. I just found out that the balcony cabin we are in has a drop down bed to accommodate the third person in our cabin (my daughter), however I am being told by princess that if the pull down bed is used we cannot push the lower beds together. They did indicate that the cabin steward MAY be able to push the beds together once we are on board, but there is no guarantee of this. Has anyone else encountered this situation and if so, we're they able to accommodate your request once on board the ship? We had a drop down bed on RCI but pushing the lower beds together did not seem to be an issue for them, as the bed was already together when we boarded. Any advice would be appreciated.

Yes. Your TA should have been aware of this and informed you. The issue with pushing the beds together is that the ladder then can't be used normally. The heads of the beds are against the side wall, the drop-down bed is towards the balcony door at a right angle to the lower beds. Keeping them in twin configuration means the ladder is between the beds. It can be done so ask your cabin steward. Take a look at it first, though.

Archived