Does all luggage have to be checked in at port?

On our recent Princess 2-day coastal out of San Francisco, the embarkation people created a rule that all luggage that had "wheels" must be handed over to the porter!. But this was because 90% of the pax had only carry-ons and it would have slowed down the entire embarkation. /Sultan

If you can take all your things in a few smaller pieces of luggage instead of a large one, yes - as long as they fit into the x-ray machine. The size seems small, but that is width and height...and can be any length.

I think it's alot like the airlines. We brought my wifes makeup case and our formal wear directly on board. This was RCCL. The big suit cases were checked in.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's alot like the airlines. We brought my wifes makeup case and our formal wear directly on board. This was RCCL. The big suit cases were checked in.

Did you have to put your formal wear through the x-ray machine, or could you hand carry it through the metal detector?

Did you have to put your formal wear through the x-ray machine, or could you hand carry it through the metal detector?

I'm almost certain that it would have to go through the x-ray machine.

Archived