The Brilliant Reflection - A Review of 1-12-2013 Sailing with Photos (Very Long)

librarylady19

Thanks again for the great review and all of the totally useful tips. We're just back from our March 9 Reflection sailing and took your advice about walking up to the fort when planning our day in San Juan. I have to say that the best tips of all were the ones about the Closed Maid cubes and the hanging shoe rack. The cubes came in very handy to store things like socks in the overhead cabinets and the small cubes (7x7x5) fit perfectly in the bedside tables to hold all of that small stuff that usually ends up on the night stands but the best of all was the shoe rack! That is coming with us on every trip from now on both at sea and on land!

It is just the special cocktails (the ones you order via the iPad menu) that are excluded for some reason :confused: You can order the sangria by the glass as well as wine by the glass. I don't know about "regular" mixed drinks but someone else might.

Hi All -

Just following up on this particular part of the thread. We're just off of Reflection (3/9 - 3/16) and we were definitely able to use our premium beverage package to order the specialty cocktails in Qsine with only the $1 upcharge. Not sure if they've changed the policy since Library Lady's cruise or if they've just clarified it but our waiter was more than happy to let us use our package.

Hi All -

Just following up on this particular part of the thread. We're just off of Reflection (3/9 - 3/16) and we were definitely able to use our premium beverage package to order the specialty cocktails in Qsine with only the $1 upcharge. Not sure if they've changed the policy since Library Lady's cruise or if they've just clarified it but our waiter was more than happy to let us use our package.

Hi there -how were the drinks? Worth the $1 upcharge? Also curious any great likes or dislikes with Qsine. Leave on Saturday for the Reflection and can't wait!

Thank you!!!!

Thanks again for the great review and all of the totally useful tips. We're just back from our March 9 Reflection sailing and took your advice about walking up to the fort when planning our day in San Juan. I have to say that the best tips of all were the ones about the Closed Maid cubes and the hanging shoe rack. The cubes came in very handy to store things like socks in the overhead cabinets and the small cubes (7x7x5) fit perfectly in the bedside tables to hold all of that small stuff that usually ends up on the night stands but the best of all was the shoe rack! That is coming with us on every trip from now on both at sea and on land!

So glad you had a great time (don't forget to post your cabin report). I can't thank Becky (Lobster129) from our Roll Call enough for the storage cube idea. As she said, we should have bought stock in Closetmaid;)

Edited by librarylady19

So glad you had a great time (don't forget to post your cabin report). I can't thank Becky (Lobster129) from our Roll Call enough for the storage cube idea. As she said, we should have bought stock in Closetmaid;)

I posted my cabin review in the sticky thread yesterday. We were in Aqua Class cabin 1648 on deck 11 and it was great.

Hi there -how were the drinks? Worth the $1 upcharge? Also curious any great likes or dislikes with Qsine. Leave on Saturday for the Reflection and can't wait!

Thank you!!!!

The drinks in Qsine (at least the ones that we had) were definitely worth the $1 upcharge. Qsine was a really fun experience but we were just 2 and some of the dishes are huge. In particular M's Favorites (the Mediterranean wall of food) has 13 components on its own, some good & some not so much, so that really stopped us in our tracks. The Lava Crab and the Slider Party were both fantastic as were the tacos. We got the Crunchy Munchies with the sliders and it was kind of unnecessary since the sliders already came with fries. I'd definitely do it again because there were a ton of things that we didn't even get to try. We also thought that next time we'd try to slow the pace a bit by only ordering 2 dishes at a time.

Whatever you decide to do I think that you will enjoy the experience and the staff in Qsine on Reflection is wonderful.

The drinks in Qsine (at least the ones that we had) were definitely worth the $1 upcharge. Qsine was a really fun experience but we were just 2 and some of the dishes are huge. In particular M's Favorites (the Mediterranean wall of food) has 13 components on its own, some good & some not so much, so that really stopped us in our tracks. The Lava Crab and the Slider Party were both fantastic as were the tacos. We got the Crunchy Munchies with the sliders and it was kind of unnecessary since the sliders already came with fries. I'd definitely do it again because there were a ton of things that we didn't even get to try. We also thought that next time we'd try to slow the pace a bit by only ordering 2 dishes at a time.

Whatever you decide to do I think that you will enjoy the experience and the staff in Qsine on Reflection is wonderful.

Didnt know the Qsine cocktails were included - they weren't in January! while we enjoyed Qsine on Reflection, we weren't as wowed as we had been on Eclipse and summit - mainly because our waiter didnt sell things well (luckily we knew how things worked) and we had tried almost all the menu items before. Definitely worth doing at least once though. I wish we had asked for the waitress with short blond spiky hair looks like Ann Burrell) she seemed like a lot of fun.

Edited by librarylady19

Sailing on the Reflection 3-30-13 in Aqua class 1569 (hopefully a good choice in room selection). First cruise with Celebrity. We have the Classic Drink package and were wondering if we should upgrade to the Premium or is there a good selection with the Classic? Can one person upgrade (when we get on the ship) to the Premium package or do both of us have to upgrade?

Didnt know the Qsine cocktails were included - they weren't in January! while we enjoyed Qsine on Reflection, we weren't as wowed as we had been on Eclipse and summit - mainly because our waiter didnt sell things well (luckily we knew how things worked) and we had tried almost all the menu items before. Definitely worth doing at least once though. I wish we had asked for the waitress with short blond spiky hair looks like Ann Burrell) she seemed like a lot of fun.

Our friends were in Qsine the same night as we were and they had the waitress with the spiky blond hair. They loved her and seemed to be having a really great time. As far as the drink package goes - it seems to be a moving target in Qsine - maybe we just got lucky. :-)

Sailing on the Reflection 3-30-13 in Aqua class 1569 (hopefully a good choice in room selection). First cruise with Celebrity. We have the Classic Drink package and were wondering if we should upgrade to the Premium or is there a good selection with the Classic? Can one person upgrade (when we get on the ship) to the Premium package or do both of us have to upgrade?

I would say that upgrading would depend upon what you like to drink and what you'd like to try while on board. There is a good assortment of cocktails (including specialty and frozen) that you can get for $8 and under but your selection of wines by the glass and premium beers would be limited. In addition, if you're planning on sampling the cocktails at either the Martini Bar or Molecular Bar it will be worth it to do the upgrade. None of the drinks on either of those menus falls within the $8 limit so a couple of those each day would cover the upgrade. We had the Premium Package on Reflection and it was definitely well worth it as we sampled our way through the entire Molecular Bar menu.

I hurried up to the Lawn Club to join Scott for the Concert on the Lawn.This was superlative entertainment - the best of the cruise!!

Blankets were placed on the lawn on front of the Lawn Club Grill and folding seats were provided to rest our back on. (You do have to sit on the ground tho) Complimentary cheese plates were also provided and wine service was available. Matt and Riley gave a wonderful performance under the stars. What a treat ...relaxing, sipping wine and enjoying their music. Wish this had been offered more than once its definitely a not to be missed event!!!

I have a question about the lawn concert on your San Juan day, do you remember what time did the concert start?

Would you be able to view or hear the concert from the Alcoves? The reason is because I originally wanted to reserve one for my April 6th Sailing, but they were sold out on the sea days, I managed to reserve one on the San Juan Day since the arrive is 3pm, we would be able to enjoy during much of the day.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

3ad7943e9b28e03f234162b2c8c9cad6.jpg

The island of Saba is visible in the distance:

We stopped for lunch at a place in Grand Case on the French side. Tyrell anchored the boat as close as the could but as it was quite choppy we had to swim to shore if we wanted to eat!!

It was worth it. Tyrell had called our orders in from the boat and our lunches were ready only minutes after we sat down. We had the choice of grilled fish, chicken or ribs accompanied by rice and beans or fries. Everything was delicious (we tried everything except the chicken between the two of us). I had a guavaberry colada to wash it down. We then had some time to relax on the beach before moving on for the rest of our island tour. Lunch was included in our tour price, except for drinks.

G]

Hi Sandi,

Thank you again for your great review! We are sailing on Sat! Do you remember the name of this restaurant in Grand Case? We decided to go that beach (and to visit the perfume factory there)

Hi Sandi,

Thank you again for your great review! We are sailing on Sat! Do you remember the name of this restaurant in Grand Case? We decided to go that beach (and to visit the perfume factory there)

Unfortunately, I don't recall the name. We only saw the beach side of the restaurant.

Here's a link that might interest you:

http://www.grandcase.com/restaurants.html

Enjoy the Reflection!!!

I hurried up to the Lawn Club to join Scott for the Concert on the Lawn.This was superlative entertainment - the best of the cruise!!

Blankets were placed on the lawn on front of the Lawn Club Grill and folding seats were provided to rest our back on. (You do have to sit on the ground tho) Complimentary cheese plates were also provided and wine service was available. Matt and Riley gave a wonderful performance under the stars. What a treat ...relaxing, sipping wine and enjoying their music. Wish this had been offered more than once its definitely a not to be missed event!!!

I have a question about the lawn concert on your San Juan day, do you remember what time did the concert start?

Would you be able to view or hear the concert from the Alcoves? The reason is because I originally wanted to reserve one for my April 6th Sailing, but they were sold out on the sea days, I managed to reserve one on the San Juan Day since the arrive is 3pm, we would be able to enjoy during much of the day.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

3ad7943e9b28e03f234162b2c8c9cad6.jpg

You certainly could listen to the concert from the Alcoves. It started at 7:45 pm. We only stayed in San Juan for a couple of hours and had ample time upon returning to the ship to enjoy drinks, and a visit to the spa prior to the wine and cheese concert. It was a really nice use of the lawn space and very enjoyable.

Edited by librarylady19

I posted my cabin review in the sticky thread yesterday. We were in Aqua Class cabin 1648 on deck 11 and it was great.

We have cabin 1648 on the Reflection in December. Could you explain what you meant by "generally unobstructed"? There is no window washing equipment to worry about, right? I have debated trying to snag a cabin more forward...right now there are very few A2 cabins available on my sailing.

Thanks for any information!

Laura

We have cabin 1648 on the Reflection in December. Could you explain what you meant by "generally unobstructed"? There is no window washing equipment to worry about, right? I have debated trying to snag a cabin more forward...right now there are very few A2 cabins available on my sailing.

Thanks for any information!

Laura

Hi Laura,

No, nothing to worry about as far as window washing equipment or anything major. Deck 12 extends out further than deck 11 so all of the cabins on deck 11 have the overhang and the supports but they really don't impact your view at all. The natural light in the cabin is great and you will have a perfect view of everything. It's a great location, close to the midship elevators and stairs, and since there are cabins above and below you get no noise at all from the pool deck or spa. If Corazon is your cabin attendant she is terrific. Enjoy your cruise - I think that you'll be very happy with 1648.

Barry

Thank you so much for your review - I have really enjoyed reading even if it took me 3 days!

We are going on the Solstice in early April for 17 days. Can't wait. Blu sounds amazing. I also very much appreciated the daily sheet postings. Looks like there are a few free exercise classes I can take to help offset all the extra food that we will be consuming.

Anne.

You'll LOVE Blu on the Solstice!

The Asst. Maitre D' , Marian, is wonderful and runs a dining room where everything is a team effort so it's a happy, cooperative room.

Ask to sit in Ketut's section and you'll have a great waiter, junior waiter (Rajeev) and sommelier (Sanjay). They'll remember everything you like after the first night and will make mealtimes something you really look forward to.

Also look for Anita (junior waitress).

When I think back about all of them I just remember big, genuine, warm smiles!

You'll see. :D

As far as exercise, there was (free) Zumba out by the pool almost every day at 10am and 4pm.

Hi librarylady19,

I want to Thank You for your wonderful review. It was a big help for our cruise of March 16 th on the Reflection.

Just want to add about the Qsine and that wonderful server that you are talking about. She was a lot of fun and a great person. I beleive this is her and her name is Evica.

This is my first time posting a picture and did it as an attahment. How do you get the large pictures in your review?

Vie

IMG_1600.jpg.5bb513afe2d7c68444cb4d610781ca8a.jpg

Hi librarylady19,

I want to Thank You for your wonderful review. It was a big help for our cruise of March 16 th on the Reflection.

Just want to add about the Qsine and that wonderful server that you are talking about. She was a lot of fun and a great person. I beleive this is her and her name is Evica.

This is my first time posting a picture and did it as an attahment. How do you get the large pictures in your review?

Vie

I was also on the March 16 cruise and had a great time. We also had the same server in Qsine and she was wonderful.

:)

Hi librarylady19,

Vie

Cute picture! that definitely is the lady I was referring to. Wish I had requested to be seated in her section.

To upload larger images, you first have to save them in a third party photos site (such as Flickr or Phitobucket) and then copy the link directly into your posting. Somebody recently posted instructions on the Celebrity board ....I will see if I can find them later.