Wonderful Copenhagen

Hi, all! We arrived in Copenhagen this morning and I wanted to offer a few observations specific to the HOHO buses. I know other posters have mentioned this in prior threads, but it bears repeating: do not count on this specific tour to be timely. We chose the Mermaid Tour RedLine, knowing there might be time issues, but our ship does not leave until tomorrow. We had flexibility to absorb any delays. It did get old, however, as we had to wait at least 20 to 25 minutes AFTER the stated time before the right bus would arrive. If we had bought the the ticket for the longer Carlsberg Tour Yellow Line ticket, we could boarded a Red OR Yellow bus. That would have, at least, given us more options, although the Yellow buses didn't seem to be all that often either. And while I can't vouch for their timeliness, the Step On Step Off buses seemed more frequent. We watched 2 stop at Rosenborg while we waited for ours; same at the Ameliaborg stop.

Beyond the time issue, we had one driver tell us he couldn't sell us tickets paying with credit card, but did let us go ahead and ride to our stop. When we were finally able to board a later bus and explained why we had no tickets, the driver did not have flattering things to say about our first driver and easily sold us tickets with credit card pay. Additionally, the Tivoli stop, where the buses begin and end each rotation, was a chaotic mess.

Overall, HOHO just didn't seem to have their act together. Maybe they improve as the high season arrives? I just wanted to offer a current, on-the-spot take on the timely issue. I would hate for someone to miss their ship!

Yes they do and so does all the intercity and commuter trains and even the Eurocity/ICE connections to Hamburg and Berlin.

But if He/she was already confused about the S-train options it would me mad of me to also post all the other train options between Østerport and Nørreport.

This is the respond I got from the taxi callcenter

today.

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

You can’t order a car in advance, for the cruise ships, but get the steward onboard to call one for you, when the ship is docked, if no free cars is at the pier.

Med venlig hilsen

Niklas Birkedal Nielsen

Kundecentermedarbejder

?ui=2&ik=c44f5ae67e&view=att&th=13ec19acef7d7357&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

TAXA 4x35

Rosenlunds Allé 8

2720 Vanløse

TAXA: +45 3535 3535

Minibus: +45 3539 3535

Bevillings kørsel +45 3530 9153

Hi, thank you very much for taking the trouble to look for me. I have emailed them, if I don't get any response I will try and call them, I am looking for a taxi FROM AIRPORT to the cruise ship, I wonder if they let you pre book them? If their were just a couple of us I wouldn't be worried but as their is a few of us I would like to arrange the Taxi before flying over. Thank you again for being so helpful.

Yes they do and so does all the intercity and commuter trains and even the Eurocity/ICE connections to Hamburg and Berlin.

But if He/she was already confused about the S-train options it would me mad of me to also post all the other train options between Østerport and Nørreport.

Gotcha!

LOL! You know me well, Danish Viking!! :D

You did good. I know I need southbound, but wasn't sure what the destination would need to say on the S-train in which to board.

Glad you didn't mention anything else. Too many options will make my head explode! :eek:

Thanks again!

Melissa

Hi, thank you very much for taking the trouble to look for me. I have emailed them, if I don't get any response I will try and call them, I am looking for a taxi FROM AIRPORT to the cruise ship, I wonder if they let you pre book them? If their were just a couple of us I wouldn't be worried but as their is a few of us I would like to arrange the Taxi before flying over. Thank you again for being so helpful.

Just to update you, I emailed the company, they gave me a telephone number to call them if their were no big vans outside the airport, the only thing I'm not sure about is they quoted me 150kr, does that not sound very cheap to you?

Hello Danish Viking - thank you for all the information.

We are on the Carnival Legend in July and have a few questions.

1. Where do we dock and what is the best way to reach the city center? Does bus 26 work for us too or is that the other terminal?

2. We have 2 families traveling and are trying to decide what to see and also to make it fun for the kids. (kids ages are 9,11,13).

I was thinking that we would try to see some of the city the Old Town Square, Nyvan and here is where the question comes in....

should we go to Tivoi (if I have converted correctly it will be $52 per kid riding rides and about $18 per adult just to get in) and spend a couple of hours or should we just pass by and go to Amalienborg Palace or others?

thanks

Just to update you, I emailed the company, they gave me a telephone number to call them if their were no big vans outside the airport, the only thing I'm not sure about is they quoted me 150kr, does that not sound very cheap to you?

I think that 150 DKK is the starting der compared to around 45 DKK or what the normal starting fee is.

Hello Danish Viking - thank you for all the information.

We are on the Carnival Legend in July and have a few questions.

1. Where do we dock and what is the best way to reach the city center? Does bus 26 work for us too or is that the other terminal?

2. We have 2 families traveling and are trying to decide what to see and also to make it fun for the kids. (kids ages are 9,11,13).

I was thinking that we would try to see some of the city the Old Town Square, Nyvan and here is where the question comes in....

should we go to Tivoi (if I have converted correctly it will be $52 per kid riding rides and about $18 per adult just to get in) and spend a couple of hours or should we just pass by and go to Amalienborg Palace or others?

thanks

I am on my phone now so I can't do a proper reply but I will do the best I can.

With the kids I will definitely go for Tivoli but tell the kids that is not like Six Flags for Disneyworld/land its more smaller but the rides are very funny.

The entrance is 95 DKK and multi ride ticket (turpas) is 199 DKK but what it equals in dollars I don't know.

Regarding the cruise pier its either Langelinie or Freeport terminal.

Bus 26 goes from both terminals but does only serve the freeport on Mondays to Fridays.

If its a weekend and your ship is docked at the freeport terminal you can just follow the blue line to the pedestrian entrance near Nordhavn S-train station.

Nyvan I assume is Nyhavn and here you can fit in a canal tour from either Netto Baadende or Stromma.

Old town Square I'm not sure about, if its Gammeltorv its not worth the trip but if you are just passing by when walking along Strøget pedestrian street then its okay to stop by.

Edited by Danish viking

Just a short follow up, Carnival Legend will be docked at the Langelinie pier so you just take bus 26 from the Indiakaj bus stop at the bottom of the pier.

When you take the bus back to the pier the destination should read Søndre Frihavn.

The busses for Færgehavn Nord and UNICEF will not stop at Indiakaj.

Hi Danish Viking

I can't recall if the bus 26 from Langeline will take USD and if so, how much in USD should we have again? Sorry to keep bothering you with repeated questions. Greatly appreciate all your assistance!

Dolfans from Miami

No not anymore, so it´s a good question :-)

Have your danish kroners ready when you disembark :D

Thanks for your prompt response Danish Viking. I actually am set with my Copenhagen card. The info was for several of my cruise mates and did not want to provide inaccurate information. Many thanks, again! See you next week!

Dolfans from Miami

When are you in town, maybe we can hook up just before I´m heading for London.

I need to be at the airport around 10:30 on Friday 31th of May so If you are around the central station around 10:00 we could meet for a croissant (or danish) and coffee and just say hi. :D

The sand sculpture festival is started but I don´t know how long the progress is with the sculptures.

http://cphsand.com/eng/frontpage/

Edited by Danish viking

Nevermind I now see that your ship is in port Wednesday, I get free from work at the same time as the Brilliance departs from Copenhagen.

Oh too bad, Danish Viking! Would have really enjoyed meeting you for coffee. Yes, I am in port on Wednesday from 7:00 - 16:00. If your work schedule changes, give a holler! Thanks again for all your assistance! Take care. :)

Cristina

Dolfans from Miami

Ooh that might be fun to stop and see. I noticed it was free with my Copenhagen Card and it is open from 10 to 10. :D

Yes, blonde, it is included with the Copenhagen card. We are planning on stopping by as well. Looks cool! :)

Dolfans from Miami