Wonderful Copenhagen

We are staying at Hotel Alexandra and friends are staying at the Airport Hotel. We would like to meet for dinner the night before our cruise somewhere in between. Can you suggest a reasonably priced restaurant?

Also wondering if there will be any closures or special activities on May 16th, which I understand is National Prayer Day?

Thanks for all your help.

Danish Viking,

My group of 4 will be cruising on The Royal Princess June 25th sailing. We are arriving in CPH at 7:15am on Monday the 23rd. We will be staying at the Rennasiance in Malmo as we are fortunate enough to enjoy free rooms (loyalty points) Listed below is a itineary that we have put together for our two days in CPH. We are looking for a relaxing time in CPH and are not concerned with visiting every site your beautiful city has to offer. However based on the itinerary below, would you suggest a few additions that we should visit.

Monday - Arrive 7:15 am Take train to Central Station in Copenhagen, put luggage in lockers for the day and head out. What we thought we might do:

Take bus to Nyhaven. Walk around, get a snack, take the canal boat tour (1 hour)

Walk or bus to Little Mermaid Statue and Gefion Fountain. Back to Amalienborg Palace for changing of the guard at noon. Lunch in Nyhaven.

Not sure what to do next (if anything). Carlsburg Brewery Palace, a quick trip into Tivoli Gardens to check it out, the Zoo?? What do you think?

Back to Central Station, pick up the luggage and take the train to Malmo. Stay in Malmo for dinner.

Tuesday -

Train to Central Station

Bus to Church of Our Lady

Round Tower

Torvehallerne KBH (open air market and delis) Pick up stuff for casual lunch and head to Botanisk Have Park to eat.

Rosenborg Slot ( the one palace we'll tour)

Tivoli Gardens for afternoon and dinner

We plan to purchase the Copenhagen Card. Although our savings won't be much, we feel it's just easier to have the card at our disposal. Thank you in advance for your opinions and assistance. We didn't birth this, so we will not be offended if you offer some constructive criticism.

I have some remarks.

The CPH doesn´t cover transportation to Malmö so the cheapest ticket is the Øresund Familie ticket that costs 144 kroner.

The ticket is valid for 2 adults (and 3 childrens) oneway so you need 8 tickets so the total price for each individual is 288 kroner.

4 single tickets would have been 352 kroner. (88 kroner for 1 single ticket)

May i suggest to switch around in your list.

THe first canal bout tour is at 09:00 but the free tour is from Gammelstrand so its probably first 09:30 from there.

When you have take care of your luggage you take any northbound S-train (track 9 and 10) and get off at Østerport.

From here you can both see the Gefion Fountain and The Little Mermaid.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=%C3%98sterport+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=55.689196,12.5908661+to:Gefionspringvandet,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Den+Lille+Havfrue,+Langelinie+to:Indiakaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.694758,12.598261&sspn=0.001968,0.004823&geocode=FdPQUQMdVxjAACFTBZ7usitaWyndd6q64VJSRjFTBZ7usitaWw%3BFey_UQMdEh_AACnv2N6WH1NSRjFyCPaEisSJ3Q%3BFXDAUQMdhTnAACGuORAzG4tPyildinWSIFNSRjGuORAzG4tPyg%3BFSzOUQMd2j_AACE8HjWiDJCo3ykDIUKN65BMRjE8HjWiDJCo3w%3BFW_XUQMdQTXAACnNAbEQ3lJSRjEj9d6HNTAnhQ&oq=indiakaj&t=h&gl=dk&dirflg=w&mra=ls&via=1&z=16

The next thing to do is to take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads from the Indiakaj busstop (included in the map) and get off at Christiansborg just across the landing dock for the canal tour.

Maybe you can take 1,5 tour and get off at Nyhavn or else you need to take the bus back (26 towards Langelinie or Færgehavn Nord and 1A towards Hellerup where you get off at Odd Fællow Palæet.

Or bus 66 to Kvæsthusbroen.

All the busses are in walking distance from Amalienborg.

After lunch at Nyhavn you take metro line M2 towards lufthavnen and get off at Kastrup metro station.

From here you walk to the Blue Planet Aquarium.

The next station after Kastrup is the airport where you can take a train back to Malmö or if you still are fresh a trip back to Copenhagen and Tivoli.

The next morning you take the Øresund Train to Copenhagen Central station

The bus from the central station to the church of our Lady is either number 14 towards Ryparken or 11A towards Nyhavn.

11A is just next to track 1-2 and 44 is at the bridge north of the station (right side on this map)

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Hovedbanen.pdf

walking from the bus stop at Strøget to the church

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Str%C3%B8get+%4055.678046,12.572791&daddr=hvor+frue&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.678046,12.572791&sspn=0.007876,0.01929&geocode=FV6UUQMdd9i_AA%3BFWuZUQMdx9a_ACEpO3eb8lFhAyl5bB0zEFNSRjEpO3eb8lFhAw&t=h&gl=dk&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=18

The walking route to Rundetaarn

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=hvor+frue&daddr=55.6799384,12.5734025+to:Rundetaarn,+K%C3%B8bmagergade,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.680065,12.573069&spn=0.001969,0.004823&sll=55.680056,12.572903&sspn=0.001969,0.004823&geocode=FWuZUQMdx9a_ACEpO3eb8lFhAyl5bB0zEFNSRjEpO3eb8lFhAw%3BFcKbUQMd2tq_ACnnuFk3EFNSRjF_hAzaLZ-Ydw%3BFUOhUQMd8uO_ACE3pD6jbZ865ymhm_uDEFNSRjE3pD6jbZ865w&oq=rundet&t=h&gl=dk&dirflg=w&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=18&via=1&z=18

from Rundetaarn to Torvehallerne

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Rundetaarn,+K%C3%B8bmagergade,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Torvehallerne,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.682877,12.572608&spn=0.003938,0.009645&sll=55.680377,12.573259&sspn=0.003938,0.009645&geocode=FUOhUQMd8uO_ACE3pD6jbZ865ymhm_uDEFNSRjE3pD6jbZ865w%3BFc2rUQMdzsu_ACE7Yulc4-10cykbMYUSBVNSRjE7Yulc4-10cw&oq=torvehallerne&t=h&gl=dk&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=17

The rest of the way I think you can figure by yourself :-)

Edited by Danish viking

Perhaps I missed it in previous posts but I am wondering about the new Copenhagen dock. We are calling at Copenhagen on May 16 with Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas. I see from the Copenhagen website that we are scheduled to dock in Langelinie C190 but I keep hearing about the new dock being completed by then. Would anyone know if a change to the new dock would be indicated? I am trying to firm up transportation once docked and it would be so helpful to know where we will pull into. Thanks for the help.

If any of you are is arriving with the Legend Of The Seas on the second of may you are in for a surprise. :D

Our Queen Dronning Margrethe II will open the cruiseterminal on that date.

It is also stated that 2 out of 3 terminals will be ready for that date and the third will be ready by the end of May.

If any of you are is arriving with the Legend Of The Seas on the second of may you are in for a surprise. :D

Our Queen Dronning Margrethe II will open the cruiseterminal on that date.

It is also stated that 2 out of 3 terminals will be ready for that date and the third will be ready by the end of May.

Hello Danish Viking.

Thank you very much for the info about the Queen--that is really special

I am spending 2 days in Copenhagen and leave on may 4th.

I have a couple questions which i thought you might be able to answer

I will be staying at the Tivoli hotel and want to go directly from the cruise terminal on May 2nd to the hotel and check in my luggage, so i can start seeing the city.

What do you think is the best way to get to the hotel

its address is

Arni Magnussons Gade 2, Copenhagen, 1577 Denmark

the web site says it is near a train station, but if is time consuming to get to the train station from the new terminal and then to the hotel due to transfers or whatever, i guess i would take a cab...what do you think?? [i speak no Danish, which might also complicate my efforts]

[if a cab is very expensive i will post on the roll call and see if someone wants to share a cab]

the hotel has a shuttle to tivoli gardens.. do you know if there is a hop on hop off bus that could take me to the various neighborhoods and shopping districts.. i really enjoy walking around neighborhoods and main shopping areas in European cities, and if i did hop on hop off first day, i would pick out stops i want to come back to for more exploration the second day]

Thank you for your help

Julian

Hello Danish Viking!

I was told to seek your advise on a Copenhagen dilemma! My husband and I will be arriving in Copenhagen via cruise ship on May 2nd. We are scheduled to leave at 2pm via the Copenhagen (Katsrup) Airport. Is it possible (and feasible) to hire a taxi when we get in to drive us around so we could see a few of the sites before heading to the airport? Will there be taxis available at the port to pick up or would you recommend reserving one ahead of time? If you can tell I am a little anxious as I would like to see at least a bit of your beautiful city before heading to the airport.

Warmly,

Hello Danish Viking!

I was told to seek your advise on a Copenhagen dilemma! My husband and I will be arriving in Copenhagen via cruise ship on May 2nd. We are scheduled to leave at 2pm via the Copenhagen (Katsrup) Airport. Is it possible (and feasible) to hire a taxi when we get in to drive us around so we could see a few of the sites before heading to the airport? Will there be taxis available at the port to pick up or would you recommend reserving one ahead of time? If you can tell I am a little anxious as I would like to see at least a bit of your beautiful city before heading to the airport.

Warmly,

I would be very expensive because the taxi driver is not allowed to arrange for a fixed price so it would be on the taxa meter.

But try to ask at guides.dk and see if they can help you with a guided tour.

Hello Danish Viking.

Thank you very much for the info about the Queen--that is really special

I am spending 2 days in Copenhagen and leave on may 4th.

I have a couple questions which i thought you might be able to answer

I will be staying at the Tivoli hotel and want to go directly from the cruise terminal on May 2nd to the hotel and check in my luggage, so i can start seeing the city.

What do you think is the best way to get to the hotel

its address is

Arni Magnussons Gade 2, Copenhagen, 1577 Denmark

the web site says it is near a train station, but if is time consuming to get to the train station from the new terminal and then to the hotel due to transfers or whatever, i guess i would take a cab...what do you think?? [i speak no Danish, which might also complicate my efforts]

[if a cab is very expensive i will post on the roll call and see if someone wants to share a cab]

the hotel has a shuttle to tivoli gardens.. do you know if there is a hop on hop off bus that could take me to the various neighborhoods and shopping districts.. i really enjoy walking around neighborhoods and main shopping areas in European cities, and if i did hop on hop off first day, i would pick out stops i want to come back to for more exploration the second day]

Thank you for your help

Julian

I would take a taxi for 2 reasons.

1) no busses from the cruise terminal is announced yet in weekends.

2) The Tivoli hotel is 20 minutes on foot from the central station or a short bus trip with 11A and another bus, I think its 66 but I can check up on that.

The 11A bus takes you through various districts in inner Copenhagen like Strøget and Nyhavn and is way cheaper than the hop on/hop off busses.

A single ticket for 1 hour costs 24 kroner.

i would take a taxi for 2 reasons.

1) no busses from the cruise terminal is announced yet in weekends.

2) the tivoli hotel is 20 minutes on foot from the central station or a short bus trip with 11a and another bus, i think its 66 but i can check up on that.

The 11a bus takes you through various districts in inner copenhagen like strøget and nyhavn and is way cheaper than the hop on/hop off busses.

A single ticket for 1 hour costs 24 kroner.

thank you danish viking!!!

We will be spending two days here - first day using hop on hop off bus. What suggestions would you have for second day to see something "out of the city" and any tours you could suggest?

I posted a trip in another thread including Kronborg and Frederiksborg, I can post later if you can't find it.

But if you have the date I can better tell you you a precise itinerary.

It appears we may only have time for one of the above prior to boarding ship. Given that we want to see the changing of the guard at Amelienborg, which would you suggest?

I know there is a discount ticket for both but not sure we have time for both. About how long would each take?

Thanks for your great help.

Hi, Danish Viking,

My husband and I will be arriving at Copenhagen on the 13th of August and will go to Amsterdam afterwards. Will be back to Copenhagen on the 16th; we will have 3 days to enjoy your wonderful city. My question is - is there a baggage storage in the airport that can hold our luggage a from the 13 - 16 of August?

Any suggestions for hotels in Copenhagen? And. Good places to see?

Thanks.

At the airport there are luggage boxes in Parking garage P4, just opposide terminal 2, its 72 hours max.

The price is 50 or 75 kroner for 24 hour.

At the central stations its for 10 days max.

The price is either 50 or 60 kroner.

The centrally located hotel I would choose if I was you are.... (and I´m guessing that NIMB and D´Angleterre is to expensive)

Andersen Hotel

Bethel

Hotel Mayfair

Tivoli Hotel

Axel Guldsmeden

Admiral Hotel

Babette Guldsmeden

Copenhagen Marriott

Best Western Hotel City

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel

Best Western Hotel Hebron

What to see what to see :D

First I would Suggest to buy the 48 hour or 72 hour Copenhagen Card.

I can make some suggestions and if you pick some I can make a Initiary.

Museums:

Thorvaldsens (sculpture museum)

Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek (sculpure, painting, cultural)

Statens Museum For Kunst (for contemporary art)

Nationalmuseet

Arken (contemporary art)

Castles and Palaces

Amalienborg (royal residence)

Rosenborg (crown jewels)

Christiansborg (parliament building)

Amusement Parks etc.

Tivoli (100 years anniversary for the rollercoaster)

Bakken ( Worlds oldest amusementpark, located in a huge deer garden)

Copenhagen Zoo (especially the arctic Circle and elephant house designet by Sir Norman Foster)

The Blue Planet (world class aquarium)

Tourist sites

Rundetaarn (a observation tower)

Canal Tour

The Little Mermaid

Church of our saviour ( you can climb to the top of the tower 100 metres up)

Strøget (shopping/Pedestrian street)

Outside the city we have some other interesting places.

South

Rally nothing down here, my hometown Køge has 3 museums and a cosy old town but I think the other places has more to offer.

West

Roskilde Cathedral

Viking Ship Museum (its possible to sail in a replica in Roskilde Fjord)

Sagnlandet Lejre

North (The Kings North Zealand)

Louisiana (arts museum)

Karen Blixen House (out of africa)

Kronborg Castle

MS Museet For Søfart (danish maritime museum)

Fredenborg Palace (summer residence for the Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary all all of their childrens)

Frederiksborg Palace (with the museum of national history)

Ferry trip on Frederiksborg Castle lake

Brede Works

Open Air Museum

At the airport there are luggage boxes in Parking garage P4, just opposide terminal 2, its 72 hours max.

The price is 50 or 75 kroner for 24 hour.

At the central stations its for 10 days max.

The price is either 50 or 60 kroner.

The centrally located hotel I would choose if I was you are.... (and I´m guessing that NIMB and D´Angleterre is to expensive)

Andersen Hotel

Bethel

Hotel Mayfair

Tivoli Hotel

Axel Guldsmeden

Admiral Hotel

Babette Guldsmeden

Copenhagen Marriott

Best Western Hotel City

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel

Best Western Hotel Hebron

What to see what to see :D

First I would Suggest to buy the 48 hour or 72 hour Copenhagen Card.

I can make some suggestions and if you pick some I can make a Initiary.

Museums:

Thorvaldsens (sculpture museum)

Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek (sculpure, painting, cultural)

Statens Museum For Kunst (for contemporary art)

Nationalmuseet

Arken (contemporary art)

Castles and Palaces

Amalienborg (royal residence)

Rosenborg (crown jewels)

Christiansborg (parliament building)

Amusement Parks etc.

Tivoli (100 years anniversary for the rollercoaster)

Bakken ( Worlds oldest amusementpark, located in a huge deer garden)

Copenhagen Zoo (especially the arctic Circle and elephant house designet by Sir Norman Foster)

The Blue Planet (world class aquarium)

Tourist sites

Rundetaarn (a observation tower)

Canal Tour

The Little Mermaid

Church of our saviour ( you can climb to the top of the tower 100 metres up)

Strøget (shopping/Pedestrian street)

Outside the city we have some other interesting places.

South

Rally nothing down here, my hometown Køge has 3 museums and a cosy old town but I think the other places has more to offer.

West

Roskilde Cathedral

Viking Ship Museum (its possible to sail in a replica in Roskilde Fjord)

Sagnlandet Lejre

North (The Kings North Zealand)

Louisiana (arts museum)

Karen Blixen House (out of africa)

Kronborg Castle

MS Museet For Søfart (danish maritime museum)

Fredenborg Palace (summer residence for the Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary all all of their childrens)

Frederiksborg Palace (with the museum of national history)

Ferry trip on Frederiksborg Castle lake

Brede Works

Open Air Museum

Thank you, very much!!!

We have a flight that leaves at 7:05am on May 5 so we need to leave our apt. at 5:00am I am guessing???? Can we make a reservation ahead of time to have a taxi pick us up at that time? Any taxis companies you can recommend Danish Viking? Thanks for all your information

Barbara