Wonderful Copenhagen

But what about switching around one of the pre/post cruise days so you are going to Helsingør then and then do Copenhagen on the 17th.

We are staying close to Tivolli area on the pre-cruise so we thought we would do that area then. We are staying near Nyhaven so thought we would do that on the the 24th which leaves us May17th.

We thought we would go to either Roskilde, Kronborg or Dragor.

Thanks Karen

Then i would suggest Roskilde

The viking ship museum in Roskilde is open from 10:00.

Roskilde Cathedral is open to the public from 09:00 to 13:00.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Roskilde+Station,+4000+Roskilde/Roskilde+Cathedral,+Domkirkepladsen+3,+4000+Roskilde/Viking+Ship+Museum,+Vindeboder+12,+4000+Roskilde/@55.6449778,12.0753048,15z/data=!4m20!4m19!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525fc5be5747ef:0x8c4721ade0161c38!2m2!1d12.088912!2d55.639169!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525fda85cdd88f:0xd234cc29c7f82bc1!2m2!1d12.080449!2d55.642638!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525fd37201241b:0x886928419e79dc20!2m2!1d12.080476!2d55.650763!3e2

Almost every commuter train heading out of Copenhagen stops at Roskilde.

From Østerport station you can use these departures (its the Saturday Schedule)

XX:07 towards Roskilde

XX:16 Intercity train towards Flensburg/Sønderborg and Esbjerg

XX:37 towards Ringsted

XX:58 towards Nykøbing F

Then i would suggest Roskilde

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Roskilde+Station,+4000+Roskilde/Roskilde+Cathedral,+Domkirkepladsen+3,+4000+Roskilde/Viking+Ship+Museum,+Vindeboder+12,+4000+Roskilde/@55.6449778,12.0753048,15z/data=!4m20!4m19!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525fc5be5747ef:0x8c4721ade0161c38!2m2!1d12.088912!2d55.639169!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525fda85cdd88f:0xd234cc29c7f82bc1!2m2!1d12.080449!2d55.642638!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525fd37201241b:0x886928419e79dc20!2m2!1d12.080476!2d55.650763!3e2

From Østerport station you can use these departures (its the Saturday Schedule)

XX:07 towards Roskilde

XX:16 Intercity train towards Flensburg/Sønderborg and Esbjerg

XX:37 towards Ringsted

XX:58 towards Nykøbing F

Thank you. Karen

I will be in London during the Easter so from Thursday and until Sunday I will be out of reach.

Enjoy your time in London. We have arranged for lovely weather for you on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but rain is coming in on Sunday, so you won't mind leaving then!! Happy Easter Danish Viking, you deserve a nice break :D:)

Finally I got a response from Strømma regarding the Ho Ho busses.

Yes they do serve the new cruise terminal (C330 Oceankaj) but its not on the map because they only have busses out there when cruise ships are in port.

Can I ride the HoHo from The Crowne Plaza to C330 Oceankaj in June?

Hi Danish Viking, you are doing an awesome job.

We are staying at The Best Western Hotel City Tues, Wed & Thurs in mid-May and would like to visit the Roskilde Viking Museum on one of those days. Which day would be best? Where would we get the train & what directions would you give on which train to take? Would the train cost be included if we have a Copenhagen Card? If not, what would the train cost?

Also on the Friday we will need to get from the hotel to the airport. What train or bus would we take? Would it be covered with the Copenhagen Card? Or how much would a taxi cost?

Thank you for help or advise you can give us.

Finally I got a response from Strømma regarding the Ho Ho busses.

Yes they do serve the new cruise terminal (C330 Oceankaj) but its not on the map because they only have busses out there when cruise ships are in port.

How much is the Ho Ho bus? We will be coming from the airport Hilton to C330 on Sat. May 17. Would we be able to use this for our transportation to the port with luggage? Or would we need to take a train to the center of town and then catch the Ho Ho?

I have time for some quickies before going to the airport.

The map for Strømmas busses can be found here.

www.stromma.dk

Both from the Crowne Plaza and Hilton you need need to take the train to the central station and get the bus from there.

But if its a regular Monday to Friday its cheaper to continue to Østerport station and cath bus 26 to UNICEF because its included in the train ticket.

@ nosnowman

In one of the other Copenhagen threads I made a post about getting to Roskilde and I believe that you can also find such info in this thread.

or else you will have to wait to Sunday before getting the info.

I have time for some quickies before going to the airport.

The map for Strømmas busses can be found here.

www.stromma.dk

Both from the Crowne Plaza and Hilton you need need to take the train to the central station and get the bus from there.

But if its a regular Monday to Friday its cheaper to continue to Østerport station and cath bus 26 to UNICEF because its included in the train ticket.

@ nosnowman

In one of the other Copenhagen threads I made a post about getting to Roskilde and I believe that you can also find such info in this thread.

or else you will have to wait to Sunday before getting the info.

Thanks .. no rush on the info, Sunday or Monday would be great

Hi Danish Viking, you are doing an awesome job.

We are staying at The Best Western Hotel City Tues, Wed & Thurs in mid-May and would like to visit the Roskilde Viking Museum on one of those days. Which day would be best? Where would we get the train & what directions would you give on which train to take? Would the train cost be included if we have a Copenhagen Card? If not, what would the train cost?

Also on the Friday we will need to get from the hotel to the airport. What train or bus would we take? Would it be covered with the Copenhagen Card? Or how much would a taxi cost?

Thank you for help or advise you can give us.

Here is my post about Roskilde an the viking ship museum.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Roski...d55.650763!3e2

First you take the metro from Kongens Nytorv to Nørreport station

From Nørreport station you can use these departures (I looked at Wedneday the 14th of May at 09:00)

09:00 Regional train towards Hvalsø

09:19 Intercity train towards Flensburg/Sønderborg and Esbjerg

09:30 Regional train towards Hvalsø

09:40 Regional train towards Ringsted

09:58 Regional train towards Hvalsø

10:01 Regional train towards Nykøbing F

etc.....

It takes between 30 and 34 minutes.

The metro trip from Kongens Nytorv to Nørreport is taking around 2 minutes and the headways is 2-3 minutes in the direction towards Vanløse.

Allow for 2-3 minutes time to change from metro to trains at the long distance platform.

Danish Viking, hope you had a lovely time in London.

Are there any news regarding Bus 26 running to Freeport on weekends? I believe there was some talk about buses running on weekends when ships were in port?

Again, thank you for your kindness in providing so much information regarding your lovely city and country.

Teresa

So far they have announced nothing.

But what we know is this.

The hoho busses will be out there when a ship is in port.

The cruise line will have their overpriced shuutle busses as always.

Taxis are always a choice and in Copenhagen I find them rather cheap, at least compared to my hometown of Køge.

Hi Danish Viking, We return to Copenhagen on a July 6 so I was thinking of getting Hop On Hop Off bus ticket for the day. I think it would pick us up at Oceankaj and take us over to Nyhavn where we are staying to drop our luggage. Then spend the rest of the day seeing the town. Do you think this is reasonable plan?

So far they have announced nothing.

But what we know is this.

The hoho busses will be out there when a ship is in port.

The cruise line will have their overpriced shuutle busses as always.

Taxis are always a choice and in Copenhagen I find them rather cheap, at least compared to my hometown of Køge.

Will there be a problem taking our luggage on the HoHo bus? The only ones I have been on only have room for tourists. I haven't seen any place to put luggage.

Here is my post about Roskilde an the viking ship museum.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Roski...d55.650763!3e2

First you take the metro from Kongens Nytorv to Nørreport station

From Nørreport station you can use these departures (I looked at Wedneday the 14th of May at 09:00)

09:00 Regional train towards Hvalsø

09:19 Intercity train towards Flensburg/Sønderborg and Esbjerg

09:30 Regional train towards Hvalsø

09:40 Regional train towards Ringsted

09:58 Regional train towards Hvalsø

10:01 Regional train towards Nykøbing F

etc.....

It takes between 30 and 34 minutes.

The metro trip from Kongens Nytorv to Nørreport is taking around 2 minutes and the headways is 2-3 minutes in the direction towards Vanløse.

Allow for 2-3 minutes time to change from metro to trains at the long distance platform.

Thank you very much .. very much appreciated.

Thank you very much .. very much appreciated.

The opening hours from the cathedral is for a Saturday, on a normal weekday they have open from 09:00 to 17:00 except for Thursday the 15th of may when they close at 16:00. (its a public holiday the day after)

Edited by Danish viking

Hi DV -

The last time we were in your city (9 years ago) there were a number of racks where a bicycle could be borrowed by placing a coin in a slot to unlock it. Are these still around? If yes, do you know if there is a rack at one of the Tivoli Garden entrances? And what denomination of coin is required? Thanks!

f5d1k.jpg