Wonderful Copenhagen

Finally some good news about the bus situation at Oceankaj (C330).

The press has started to write about this and the Mayor Frank Jensen is annoyed that the bus situation is taking the good press that the opening of the terminal should be.

Here is a roughly translation of what he said.

I'm under the impression that the ships has arranged for busses for their passengers but there is a need for public busses in the weekend I will make sure that there will be public busses available. End of quote.

A few days ago the tone was a little bit different, the port authority criticized the transport authority Movia because of the busses but Movia said that it was not their job to do the ports work.

But in the end I do think that the mayor will find some money, hopefully for this year but probably for th next year.

Look at the 3 til 9 døgns udsigt, Fredag and Lørdag is the one you´ll need to use, but it doen´t look that bad.

http://www.dmi.dk/vejr/til-lands/byvejr/by/vis/DK/1000/K%C3%B8benhavn,%20Danmark/

Remember that Friday in Tivoli means Fredagsrock at the outdoor stage.

This Friday local heroes Kato and Safri Duo will take the stage at 22:00

[YOUTUBE]Oys9b2H7kdc[/YOUTUBE]

Will it be too busy because of the band or will that just add to our experience? Thanks Karen

Happy Birthday Danish Viking. You have given some wonderful advise and suggestions for visiting your wonderful city. I can't wait until we arrive there next week. Hope you had a truly wonderful day. :)

Will it be too busy because of the band or will that just add to our experience? Thanks Karen

No not really because the crowd will be concentrated around the outdoor stage.

But arrive before 20:00 to avoid the lines and if you don't have a Copenhagen Card they will raise the entry price at that time from 99 to 139.

But that is only on Fridays.

Edited by Danish viking

Hi Danish Viking

im on the Brillance in on 21Jun , ive been to Cph quite a few times ,never on a cruise so I have a fairly good idea about getting around , but for my wife this is the first time , so its interesting to see the bus details from Indiakaj.

I cant find on the forums if you have mentioned to people staying a day or so pre or post cruise , about what I think is better than Tivoli gardens , a place where the locals let their hairdown "Bakken" , easy journey by train to Klampenburg, then a pleasant walk through the forest to to the funpark,or for the romantic a horse draw carriage ride

Sorry that I missed your reply but yes Bakken is a wonderful place, and the worlds oldest amusement park.

Just take S train line C directly to Klampenborg.

Day 3 looks wonderful and can be done by train all the way.

My favourite version is to start in Hillerød and the Frederiksborg Palace and end in Helsingør/Elsinore with Kronborg Castle and/or maritime museum because the trains going back to Copenhagen are more comfy and thats good after a long day. :D

Its the same Øresund trains that also runs between the airport an central station.

From Copenhagen to Hillerød you just take S-train line E, it terminates in Hillerød so you can´t go wrong.

From Hillerød to Helsingør you just take the lokalbanen train.

I can make a more detailed route plan if you want to.

Thanks a lot for the detailed info.

I have been pondering about how to do the Copenhagen-Frederiskborg Palace-Kronborg Castle loop, clockwise or counter clockwise. Your tip about going back in a more comfortable (Øresund) train made it an easy decision for me.

I think I got plenty helpful information from you already. There is no need for more detailed route plan, but thanks for the offering anyway.

Hi Danish Viking – thank you very much for your advice and for taking the time to compile a suggested walking route for us … that’s just perfect. Thank you too for posting the link to ensure that we had the latest bus 26 return timetable. The map indicating the location where we catch bus 26, for the return trip to Langeliniekaj, is extremely helpful.

Just a thought, if we boarded the Netto Bådene canal tour on Holmens Canal (presumably exiting at the same point) rather than walking along the Strøget, would it be preferable to walk through Christiansborg Slot/Folketinget in Slotsholmen to Rådhus and Tivoli? Or wouldn’t this be necessary as we would have viewed all the buildings from the canal cruise?

We really appreciate your invaluable input, as we wish to make the most of our day’s sightseeing in the beautiful city of Copenhagen.

PS: Danish Viking - you’re a wonderful kind-hearted, selfless person. I'm sure your parents must undoubtedly be so proud of you.

Look at the 3 til 9 døgns udsigt, Fredag and Lørdag is the one you´ll need to use, but it doen´t look that bad.

http://www.dmi.dk/vejr/til-lands/byvejr/by/vis/DK/1000/K%C3%B8benhavn,%20Danmark/

I think we will still go to Tivoli but I am thinking of going to the Carlsberg brewery first. I believe I can take Bus26 from the City Hall area to the Brewery and then back to Tivoli. Do these buses run frequently and into the early evening.

I want to take this opportunity to say a big "thank you" for all your help planning for my upcoming trip. Arrive in Copenhagen this Friday.

With Sincere Thanks, Karen

Hi Danish Viking – thank you very much for your advice and for taking the time to compile a suggested walking route for us … that’s just perfect. Thank you too for posting the link to ensure that we had the latest bus 26 return timetable. The map indicating the location where we catch bus 26, for the return trip to Langeliniekaj, is extremely helpful.

Just a thought, if we boarded the Netto Bådene canal tour on Holmens Canal (presumably exiting at the same point) rather than walking along the Strøget, would it be preferable to walk through Christiansborg Slot/Folketinget in Slotsholmen to Rådhus and Tivoli? Or wouldn’t this be necessary as we would have viewed all the buildings from the canal cruise?

We really appreciate your invaluable input, as we wish to make the most of our day’s sightseeing in the beautiful city of Copenhagen.

PS: Danish Viking - you’re a wonderful kind-hearted, selfless person. I'm sure your parents must undoubtedly be so proud of you.

I still think that you can visit Christiansborg because its a big place and not all can be seen from the water.

You will only save around 10 minutes by taking it from Holmens Kanal.

I think we will still go to Tivoli but I am thinking of going to the Carlsberg brewery first. I believe I can take Bus26 from the City Hall area to the Brewery and then back to Tivoli. Do these buses run frequently and into the early evening.

I want to take this opportunity to say a big "thank you" for all your help planning for my upcoming trip. Arrive in Copenhagen this Friday.

With Sincere Thanks, Karen

Here is the timetable at Kammasvej.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000001111

http://www.visitcarlsberg.dk/SiteCollectionDocuments/carlsberg_district_map.pdf

Hi Danish Viking, we'll be flying into Copenhagen early Monday morning for the May 12 Royal Princess Cruise which leaves out of Oceankaj and returns later in the month. Would you be so kind to review our plan for getting back/forth to the airport and tell us if it's doable and correct? Thanks!

On 5/12/14, buy City Pass for 24 hours for 80dkk from Airport, Terminal 3:

++ To Oceankaj (Ocean Key) ; Pier no: 330-334, Royal Princess: M2 Metro to Kngs Nytorv Station; transfer to Bus 26 to Unicef Faergehan Nord

--OR--

++ To Central Station, Kobenhavn / Hovedbanegaarden: S-train C line to Kobenhavn (alternate, take Bus 5A)

AND THEN

from Central Station:

++ To Oceankaj (Ocean Key) ; Pier no: 330-334, Royal Princess: Bus 26 (not towards Alhome Plads) to Unicef Faergehan Nord

On 5/23/14 buy 3-zone ticket for 36dkk

from Oceankaj (Ocean Key) ; Pier no: 330-334, Unicef Faergehan Nord:

++To Airport Terminal 3: Bus 26 to Kngs Nytorv Station; transfer to Metro 2 to Lufthavn Kastrup station in Airport Terminal 3

It looks doable but I have a few remarks and corrections.

There is no S train from the airport, when you are traveling to the central station you just use the Øresund train towards Nivå or Helsingør.

But but but if you want to save some time then its better to take the train 2 stops further to Østerport from where you can catch bus 26 towards Færgehavn Nord UNICEF.

Do you plan to tour Copenhagen on the first trip because the 3 zone ticket is also valid for that trip.

Alternatively you can pay for the 3 zone ticket first and when you go to the ship you just pay for a 2 zone ticket.

This will cost you 36 and 24 kroner so its 20 kroner cheaper than the city pass.

The reason why I suggest using Østerport station instead of the metro at Kongens Nytorv is because its a very hectic place with several bus lines meeting up at one place and there is a major construction going on with the construction of a second metro station for the new circle line.

So to sum up, take Øresund train from the airport towards Helsingør and Nivå and get off at Østerport station.

From here you take bus 26 towards Færgehavn Nord UNICEF (not Færgehavn Nord, Langelinie or Ålholm Plads).

To the airport you take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Østerport station.

From here you just take a Øresund train towards the airport.

Both trips costs 36 kroner (3 zone ticket).

If you don't need elevators or escalators just use the bus stop at Østerport, Sløjfen.

If you however need that you can use the other bus stop at Folke Bernadottes Allé as its located closer to the station hall.

Sløjfen is located behind the station as is accessed by some stairs and a bridge on the far end of the platform.

just search it on google maps and you will know what I mean.

Thanks for responding so quickly. Looks like we'll go back to the drawing board and re-study the maps and information.

Since our plane gets is so early (7:30am) and we can't check in on Princess until 1pm, we were hoping to store our luggage at Central Station and see a bit of the city with the hours we have.

Okay that makes more sense.

Even though the city pass is 20 kroner (around 4 dollars) more expensive it will give you some added flexibility because you will only have to deal with one ticket and if you get to long away from the central station on foot you can catch a bus back without paying for another 24 kroner ticket.

If its easier for you then its possible to take bus 26 for Færgehavn Nord UNICEF from the central station but it will take around 20-30 minutes longer.

If you just take any northbound S-train from track 9 and 10 you will be at Østerport in no time and can catch bus 26 from there.

You can also use the Øresund train or Regionaltog (commuter train) to Østerport, they usually departs from track 1 to 4.

Edited by Danish viking

Here is some further information to make your choice easy.

Terminal map for central station, Kongens Nytorv and Østerport.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Hovedbanen.pdf

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Kongens%20Nytorv.pdf

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

[YOUTUBE]Oys9b2H7kdc[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks so much for this link. The weather does not look as bad for Friday as it did earlier.

Karen

DV -- We're going to be in Copenhagen for a few days in July. The last I checked, they were phasing out the 2 and 3 zone klippekort cards, and expected to stop selling them this month. But, some stuff I read now seems to indicate that the phase out is not going smoothly and they may still be available when we visit in July. But I can't seem to get a reliable answer. Do you happen to know whether the phase out has been delayed? Thanks for all the information you provide.

Ah, excellent news. Thank you.

A family can use one card, right? So, if we have a 3-zone card, and there are are four of us, one who is a child and goes free, we could do two clips for 2-zone trip?

Yes that is correct, two clips will equal 6 zones and you can divide them with the numbers of travelers.

So in this case you have 3 single trips because 2 zones is the lowest amount you can buy.

But remember that it's only childrens between 0 and 11 that travels for free with an adult.

If they are between 12 and 15 they pay half the price. In this case 12 kroner.