Wonderful Copenhagen

From the airport?

You have 2 options

1 Take a Øresund train from the airport to the central station (København H).

From here you go to the S trains at track 9 and 10 and take a northbound S train and get off at the next station at Vesterport station.

The hotel is visible from the station.

Or take the metro to Nørreport and change for a southbound S train and get off at Vesterport.

No matter if you take the metro or Øresund train it will cost you 36 kroner for each person.

Or pay roughly around 300 for a taxi.

Langelinie pier has no facilities as such so you can store your luggage there.

I think that your best plan is to take a taxi to the central station or bus 26 to Østerport station and then a train to the central station.

From here you can tour the parts of Copenhagen that are closest to the central station.

thanks you danish viking

From the airport?

You have 2 options

1 Take a Øresund train from the airport to the central station (København H).

From here you go to the S trains at track 9 and 10 and take a northbound S train and get off at the next station at Vesterport station.

The hotel is visible from the station.

Or take the metro to Nørreport and change for a southbound S train and get off at Vesterport.

No matter if you take the metro or Øresund train it will cost you 36 kroner for each person.

Or pay roughly around 300 for a taxi.

Danish Viking - Thanks so much for the info

Buster

Danish Viking- I just discovered this thread today. You are so kind to help all of us. One question, I am still reading where there is no Bus #26 AT ALL on weekends. We will be in your lovely city on June 21 (Sat) at Langelinie pier. Will bus 26 be running? If not, is there another bus close by that we could catch? We may walk to town center, but might prefer a bus to get back to the ship. Thank you.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We will be in Copenhagen in late June. Since it is daylight longer, will we be able to see the lights on in Tivoli gardens?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were in Copenhagen in early July and I recall that the lights in Tivoli were lovely.

Yes only bus 26 takes euro as payment but not coins and you will probably get back in Danish kroner.

But remember that while bus 26 serves langeliniekaj all days the Oceankaj pier is only served Monday to Fridays.

I'm a bit confused about the payment taken on the bus 26 towards Oceankaj on a Friday. We are staying at Hotel Maritime near the Kongens Nytorv bus stop. Is it exact change? I will have both euros and DKK. If there is 5 of us with luggage can we multiply the fare by 5 and pay a total price in bills and coins?

Linda

Danish Viking - just discovered this thread - you seem to be the ultimate expert on all things Copenhagen. We will be docked at Oceankaj on Monday, June 9. If I understand correctly, the trains and buses do not run that day because it is a public holiday -is this true? What is your advice as to the best way to get into the city centre without sitting in traffic in a taxi or bus. Is it too far to walk?

Danish Viking-

We are going to be at the Hotel Bethel in Nyhavn before our Baltic cruise. We need to get to the Oceankaj c330 to board the Legend of the Seas on Wednesday, June 18.

What is the best way to get to the pier with luggage (mainly a carryon plus day bag per person)? Presume the easiest way is to take a taxi. How much would a taxi from Hotel Bethel to Oceankaj c330 cost? Would the taxi be able to drive right up to the pier at c330?

Presume the cheapest would be by public bus. If we take a public bus, where do we catch it near the hotel? And where do we get off and how far do we have to drag our luggage to get to c330? How much would a bus from the hotel to c330 cost?

Which would you recommend for two seniors?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

We will be in Copenhagen in late June. Since it is daylight longer, will we be able to see the lights on in Tivoli gardens?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Tivoli is located below ground so its get dark'ish a little bit earlier than usual, I would assume that it will be most scenic after 21:00.

But its still light outside until around 23:00.

Edited by Danish viking

I'm a bit confused about the payment taken on the bus 26 towards Oceankaj on a Friday. We are staying at Hotel Maritime near the Kongens Nytorv bus stop. Is it exact change? I will have both euros and DKK. If there is 5 of us with luggage can we multiply the fare by 5 and pay a total price in bills and coins?

Linda

Its easier to pay the 5 two zone tickets at once and just give the driver 120 kroner.

But it doesn't have to be exact coins, 150 or 200 etc. will be okay but I don't think that large bills like 500 and 1000 bills are okay.

Danish Viking - just discovered this thread - you seem to be the ultimate expert on all things Copenhagen. We will be docked at Oceankaj on Monday, June 9. If I understand correctly, the trains and buses do not run that day because it is a public holiday -is this true? What is your advice as to the best way to get into the city centre without sitting in traffic in a taxi or bus. Is it too far to walk?

If you don't dare walking there is a 45 minute walk to Nordhavn station but it would probably take 1,5 hour to walk all the way to the downtown area.

My best bet is to take the cruise shuttle, HOHO busses or a taxi.

Danish Viking-

We are going to be at the Hotel Bethel in Nyhavn before our Baltic cruise. We need to get to the Oceankaj c330 to board the Legend of the Seas on Wednesday, June 18.

What is the best way to get to the pier with luggage (mainly a carryon plus day bag per person)? Presume the easiest way is to take a taxi. How much would a taxi from Hotel Bethel to Oceankaj c330 cost? Would the taxi be able to drive right up to the pier at c330?

Presume the cheapest would be by public bus. If we take a public bus, where do we catch it near the hotel? And where do we get off and how far do we have to drag our luggage to get to c330? How much would a bus from the hotel to c330 cost?

Which would you recommend for two seniors?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

A taxi will probably be in the 200 kroner range and will take you directly to the terminal.

If you take the bus it will cost you 24 kroner • 2 and it will drop you off at the UNICEF busstop just in front of terminal 1 (Pier number C331) terminal 2 (C332) is not far away but terminal 3 and 4 (C333 and C334) is probably around 800-1000 meters away.

The Oceankaj pier is almost 1100 meters long and the UNICEF bus stop is located in the southern end at Terminal 1.

The Bus you need to take from Kongens Nytorv is bus 26 towards UNICEF Færgehavn Nord departing at XX:19 and XX:39. the other 2 destinations, Færgehavn Nord and Indiakaj/Langelinie/Søndre Frihavn doesn't stop at UNICEF.

They are departing at 09, 29, 49 and 59.

Edited by Danish viking

DV, thanks again for the advice and information. We took the metro from Forum St to Kongens Nytorv and then got on the 26 UNICEF bus with lots of other cruise passengers. The poor drivers should receive extra pay for dealing with all the tourists who tried to board with too little kroner or expired cards. Our short time here was wonderful, and we look forward to the return visit.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DV, thanks again for the advice and information. We took the metro from Forum St to Kongens Nytorv and then got on the 26 UNICEF bus with lots of other cruise passengers. The poor drivers should receive extra pay for dealing with all the tourists who tried to board with too little kroner or expired cards. Our short time here was wonderful, and we look forward to the return visit.

Ted&Elle-

What time of day did you board bus 26? And was there any seats on the bus? Or was it standing room only to Frihavnen? Was there any traffic jams at Frihavnen? My wife walks with a cane and needs a seat on the bus. Was there room on the bus for luggage? Thanks in advance for giving us your experience and helping us two seniors.

Sent from my Nexus 4

A taxi will probably be in the 200 kroner range and will take you directly to the terminal.

If you take the bus it will cost you 24 kroner • 2 and it will drop you off at the UNICEF busstop just in front of terminal 1 (Pier number C331) terminal 2 (C332) is not far away but terminal 3 and 4 (C333 and C334) is probably around 800-1000 meters away.

The Oceankaj pier is almost 1100 meters long and the UNICEF bus stop is located in the southern end at Terminal 1.

The Bus you need to take from Kongens Nytorv is bus 26 towards UNICEF Færgehavn Nord departing at XX:19 and XX:39. the other 2 destinations, Færgehavn Nord and Indiakaj/Langelinie/Søndre Frihavn doesn't stop at UNICEF.

They are departing at 09, 29, 49 and 59.

DV- Thanks for the good info. Our ship is docked at c330. Is that near the bus stop?

Sent from my Nexus 4

C330 is the whole pier.

Its then divided into 331, 332, 333 and 334.

I'm actually a little bit confused about C334 because there is only 3 terminal buildings so I'm not sure if its a terminal located inside one of the other buildings or maybe a projected 4th terminal.

C331 and C332 is very close to the bus stop.

If you don't dare walking there is a 45 minute walk to Nordhavn station but it would probably take 1,5 hour to walk all the way to the downtown area.

My best bet is to take the cruise shuttle, HOHO busses or a taxi.

Thank you so much for your advice! Just want to double-check - do the trains run on public holidays? Seems like walking to the train station might be a good option to avoid all the traffic. I googled the route but it said there are areas without sidewalks. Do you know if it is safe traffic-wise?

I have only been there with car but I'm pretty sure I saw a sidewalk all the way, its just google maps way of taking no responsibility.

The trains a always running on weekends and public holidays but line E and H retires on those days but that is only important for you if you go outside the city.

Line A, B and C will run every 10th minute so there will roughly be a train every 3th minute in both directions.

Edited by Danish viking

I also want to know how it went with the bus, did anybody get onboard etc.

:mad:My husband and I disembarked from the Celebrity Infinity last Friday in terminal 3 building and there were about 100 people already in line to get a taxi, Seems there were up to 7 ships in ports that day and taxis were hard to get. We ended up going over to a bus stop (I was on my mobility scooter with a carry on with wheels and my husband had two large suitcases on wheels). We waited in a line for #26 bus and when it arrived people behind us in the line crowded on the bus by the middle and the back door. My husband put our luggage on and I went to the front to board with my scooter. There was room but the driver would not allow me to get on with the scooter. He ended up closing the doors and my husband was left on the road with my scooter and I was on the bus with the 3 suitcases. Luckily for us my husband saw me later on sitting in a bus shelter and we joined up. It was a terrible experience all the way around for everyone.

On a side note; further down the road the driver allowed a woman and man with 3 large suitcases to get on the bus and take all the room at the front that he told me I could not use.

Again as I told the others, please email the wonderful Copenhagen tourist board, cruise Copenhagen and in this case probably also the transport authority Movia.

The email for Movia is movia@moviatrafik.dk.

Cruisecopenhagen@woco.dk

Touristinfo@woco.dk

More people complaining the better, this situation annoys me because I want the experience for all of you to be good.

Edited by Danish viking