Wonderful Copenhagen

Hi. On board Royal Princess now. Forgive me for jumping in ( not up to date on boards - wifi is bad). We took taxi from our hotel free 2 PM - 25 min or less and just under 200kr. Disembarkation looks bad on 6/3 but we are only ship in at that time. Suggest organize for minivan transport for 800-950kr. Anyone currently on the Royal,contact Lonny Kole or Judy Chong. We need 1 or 2 more couples for a minivan on 6/3. Will try to post more when wifi gets better.

Again as I told the others, please email the wonderful Copenhagen tourist board, cruise Copenhagen and in this case probably also the transport authority Movia.

The email for Movia is movia@moviatrafik.dk.

Cruisecopenhagen@woco.dk

Touristinfo@woco.dk

More people complaining the better, this situation annoys me because I want the experience for all of you to be good.

Thank you once again for all your help. I have just sent an email to Touristinfo as suggested. Will let you know if and when I receive a response.

Hi DV, just a couple questions: due to the negative comments I am reading regarding taxis at the ports, is there a car service we can contact and order a private car for pickup at the Hotel Bethel when we depart on 8/8, or will the hotel area be readily available for taxis? Also is there some issue with the taxis right now? Could swear I read something about a dispute or strike?? And lastly what terminal/slip will the Eurodam be berthed at on 8/8 and 8/27? thanks so much in advance!:)

I'm planning my bus #26 from Langelinie Pier (Brilliance of the Seas) to the Osterport station and then taking the metro to Norreport station.

There will be 11 of us and I want us all to have correct DKK coins for our journey so we're not scrambling. I want (hope!) a seamless journey. :p

How much per person for the Bus? I know the metro is 24 DKK for a 2 zone ticket, which we'll buy with coins at the station. Can you buy the return metro ticket when going or should we wait and buy the return at Norreport once we return? We're meeting a food tour at Torvehallerne.

Thanks!!

What date will you be in Copenhagen?

I'm planning my bus #26 from Langelinie Pier (Brilliance of the Seas) to the Osterport station and then taking the metro to Norreport station.

There will be 11 of us and I want us all to have correct DKK coins for our journey so we're not scrambling. I want (hope!) a seamless journey. :p

How much per person for the Bus? I know the metro is 24 DKK for a 2 zone ticket, which we'll buy with coins at the station. Can you buy the return metro ticket when going or should we wait and buy the return at Norreport once we return? We're meeting a food tour at Torvehallerne.

Thanks!!

Where is it that you wish to go? The S train at Osterport goes to Norreport Station. Are you planning on changing to the Metro at Norreport? Where is your ultimate destination?

Thanks!!

Hi DV, just a couple questions: due to the negative comments I am reading regarding taxis at the ports, is there a car service we can contact and order a private car for pickup at the Hotel Bethel when we depart on 8/8, or will the hotel area be readily available for taxis? Also is there some issue with the taxis right now? Could swear I read something about a dispute or strike?? And lastly what terminal/slip will the Eurodam be berthed at on 8/8 and 8/27? thanks so much in advance!:)

I haven´t heard about any strike or conflict with any taxi drivers.

The "only" problem is getting in and out of the port when 2-3 ships are offloading 6-9.000 passengers at once.

Some car services that I know of are these.

http://cphlimo.com/en/home

http://www.shuttledirect.com/en/airport/CPH

http://www.suntransfers.com/copenhagen-airport-to-copenhagen-cruise-port

http://www.ifly.com/copenhagen-CPH-airport/CPH-airport-shuttles

http://www.limos4copenhagen.com/kastrup-airport-limousine-and-taxi-transfers/

Thanks!!

There is no problem in taking the bus from Langelinie pier, the problems has been from Oceankaj.

And there is no metro from Østerport (that is until 2018 when the circle line opens) but botrh Øresund trains, Commuter trains and S-trains stops at Nørreport.

Edited by Danish viking

What date will you be in Copenhagen?

July 15th

If you Google "how many cruise ships in port" a website will display that shows all ships in each port by date.

Edited by 3dogmom

There is no problem in taking the bus from Langelinie pier, the problems has been from Oceankaj.

And there is no metro from Østerport (that is until 2018 when the circle line opens) but botrh Øresund trains, Commuter trains and S-trains stops at Nørreport.

Good thing I asked!

OK, best way seems to be to walk/taxi to Nyhavn and take the metro from Kongens Nytorv to Nørreport as you earlier advised. I found a website that included Østerport.

haha, I didn't think about that possibility.

But its great that it worked out fine.

We have returned to the U.S. Got off NCL Star at Oceankaj on May 19. Taxis were waiting. Got our Hertz car rental & drove to the ferry to take us to Aarhus. Very easy. Back in Copenhagen on the 26th. It was great. Saw a lot in 2 days. Stayed at the Cabinn City near Tivoli. Thanks for all your help.

Good thing I asked!

OK, best way seems to be to walk/taxi to Nyhavn and take the metro from Kongens Nytorv to Nørreport as you earlier advised. I found a website that included Østerport.

Why not take a train from Østerport to Nørreport, its much easier.

Danish Viking, how many cruise ships will be in port on June 21? Also, can you confirm again where the Brilliance of the Seas will be docked? Thank you.

Busy day I must say.

Le Boreal at Nordre Toldbod

Brilliance Of The Seas and AIDAbella at Langeliniekaj

Seven Seas Voyager at Orientkaj

Costa Luminosa and MSC Poesia at Oceankaj.

We have returned to the U.S. Got off NCL Star at Oceankaj on May 19. Taxis were waiting. Got our Hertz car rental & drove to the ferry to take us to Aarhus. Very easy. Back in Copenhagen on the 26th. It was great. Saw a lot in 2 days. Stayed at the Cabinn City near Tivoli. Thanks for all your help.

Fantastic to hear, I Hope you enjoyed your stay in Aarhus.

So now I know the Norwegian Star will be docked at C330 on 06 June at Oceankaj. How far is that from the stop on the #26 bus at Unicef? Still trying to decide if I catch a bus early in the AM (9:19) at Kongens Nytorv will be all that inconvenient to schlep my bag from the metro to the bus stop and from Unicef to the ship or it pays to go to some intermediate place like Osterport via train and take a cab. I will have a valid Copenhagen card so in effect the transfer is free even though some walking. Where will my luggage fit on the bus?

Opinion DV. If it were you, what would you do! Thanx.

Much has been posted on various boards about getting local currency. However, I can find nothing recent about locations of ATMs at Kastrup. We arrive the 5th of June at 10 pm via British Air into Terminal 2. When I search Kastrup ATMs, the info I found says ATMs are in Terminals 1 and 3. Should I get some Danish Kroner in the US before leaving, for the taxi to the hotel (the Admiral) and to get us started in the morning?

Many thanks for up to date information.

Much has been posted on various boards about getting local currency. However, I can find nothing recent about locations of ATMs at Kastrup. We arrive the 5th of June at 10 pm via British Air into Terminal 2. When I search Kastrup ATMs, the info I found says ATMs are in Terminals 1 and 3. Should I get some Danish Kroner in the US before leaving, for the taxi to the hotel (the Admiral) and to get us started in the morning?

Many thanks for up to date information.

You exit the luggage claim via terminal 3 so when you get into that terminal you will find Danske Bank a few meters to the left.

It's located in the corridor between terminal 3 and 2.

Danish viking my husband & I will be arriving in Copenhagen June 17 for a one night stay prior to boarding the Legend on June 18. We will staying at the Bethel. How expensive will a taxi be and are they easy to find at the airport?

The price will be in the 250-300 kroner range.

So now I know the Norwegian Star will be docked at C330 on 06 June at Oceankaj. How far is that from the stop on the #26 bus at Unicef? Still trying to decide if I catch a bus early in the AM (9:19) at Kongens Nytorv will be all that inconvenient to schlep my bag from the metro to the bus stop and from Unicef to the ship or it pays to go to some intermediate place like Osterport via train and take a cab. I will have a valid Copenhagen card so in effect the transfer is free even though some walking. Where will my luggage fit on the bus?

Opinion DV. If it were you, what would you do! Thanx.

Are you coming from the airport?

If yes I would then take a Øresund train from there towards Helsingør or Nivå and get the bus from there instead.

But else you are correct.

Norwegian Star is the only ship at Oceankaj that day so I'm guessing terminal 1 or 2 and that is very close to the bus stop.

The cruise calls this weekend is updated with quay numbers so maybe they will update it in the start of the week.

You can look at cmport.dk for yourself, look for cruiseships on the main page.

I also want to know how it went with the bus, did anybody get onboard etc.

Everyone got on board. We boarded at Kongens Nytorv and it was already full of cruisers and luggage. I'm not sure, but I think I overheard people saying it was the wrong 26 but so many people got on he changed it to UNICEF before we boarded. At each stop more cruisers and some locals packed tighter on the bus. At the end a few people who boarded at the back/middle tried to pay and the driver wouldn't accept their money. I'm wondering if all 2000 passengers will storm the bus when we debark on Friday. Let me know if you'd like more information.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Why not take a train from Østerport to Nørreport, its much easier.

I'm confused.:confused:

I thought you said the Østerport metro wasn't available until 2018?

I was planning to take bus #26 from Langelinie Pier (Brilliance of the Seas) to the Osterport station and then taking the metro to Norreport station.

Am I mixing up train vs. metro??

Everyone got on board. We boarded at Kongens Nytorv and it was already full of cruisers and luggage. I'm not sure, but I think I overheard people saying it was the wrong 26 but so many people got on he changed it to UNICEF before we boarded. At each stop more cruisers and some locals packed tighter on the bus. At the end a few people who boarded at the back/middle tried to pay and the driver wouldn't accept their money. I'm wondering if all 2000 passengers will storm the bus when we debark on Friday. Let me know if you'd like more information.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am happy to hear that the bus driver was understanding of the situation and changed the route.