Wonderful Copenhagen

Good morning Danish Viking

We start our trip with the Eurodam at June 14 from the new Oceanskaj – which is a Saturday – so bus 26 will not work for us.

What do you think is the best way for us from airport to the ship. We are 3 adults with our luggage.

Should we use the metro to nordhavn and then get a taxi to the Oceanskaj? I think, we have to change trains

Or should we grab a taxi from airport?

At the ports website they write:

Take the Metro from Copenhagen Airport to Nørreport Station. Change to S-train A, B, C or E-line and take the train 2 stops to Nordhavn Station. From here there are 45 minutes walk to Oceankaj.

A trip from Oceankaj to Copenhagen Airport cost apprx. DKK 450.00 – DKK550.00 depending on time of the day.

I understand that there is no direct connection with a train?

I am sure we will not walk 45 minutes with our luggage. Are there enough taxis at Nordhavn? How much should the taxi cost from Nordhavn to the Oceanskaj?

The price for the taxi from airport to Oceanskaj is right? Or do you have other experiences?

We will arrive in the morning at the airport and have enough time.

Thank you for your help…

Wendy

Its most likely more easy to get a taxi from Østerport because its a bigger station with S-trains, trains, intercity trains and international trains but most importantly Øresund trains from the airport.

So from the airport you catch a Øresund train towards Helsingør or Nivå and get of at Østerport.

A taxi from here is most likely in the 150 kroner range.

Hello,

We arrive on Friday, June 6 and will be staying at the best western city for one night. From the airport to our hotel, I think we should take the metro to Kongens Nytorv and then walk about 5 minutes. Does that sound right?

Our cruise departs on Saturday, June 7. Since the bus does not go to our port on Saturdays, is taxi the best option for us? How much would it be from the hotel to port?

Also, from our hotel, can we walk to catch a canal tour?

Thanks in advance for your help!

We will be docked at langelinie pier- would like to travel to Malmo central station- am I correct that we should walk to Oesterport and depart from that station to Malmo?

also on the return we would like to go to Torvehallerne - do we take the train to Norreport or is it an easy walk.

From Torvehallerne back to Langelinie bus 26?

Any advice is appreciated

Almost correct. :D

From Østerport the train departs at XX:01, XX:21 and XX:41

When going back the train departs from Malmö C at XX:13, XX:33 and XX:53

IN both directions there are some rush hour trains but its probably better to stick with these departures.

http://dsboresund.dk/files/Dokumenter/koreplan/DSB_OEresund_Mini_10_www_12.2013.pdf

On the way back you simply just get off at Nørreport and walk to Torvehallerne.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/N%C3%B8rreport+st,+1358+K%C3%B8benhavn/Torvehallerne,+Frederiksborggade+21,+1360+K%C3%B8benhavn+K/@55.6839308,12.5685887,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525305370af27f:0xdef60dfab68cef1a!2m2!1d12.571867!2d55.683522!1m5!1m1!1s0x465253051285311b:0x7374ede35ce9623b!2m2!1d12.56955!2d55.684045!3e2

Bus 26 doesn´t stop at Nørreport but just take any northbound S-train, Øresundtrain or commuter train and get off at Østerport from where you can walk back or take bus 26.

But remember that not all departures goes to Langelinie on regular weekdays.

If its a weekend or public holiday they all goes to Langelinie but for good measure I will post the departure times for Mondays to Fridays.

Its XX:02, XX:22 and XX:42 for indiakaj At the Bottom of Langelinie pier.

Danish Viking...you've been a great great help but now it's crunch time so I need your advice. I'm staying at the Park Inn by Radisson two metro stops from the airport for my cruise leaving from the new terminal on Friday 06 June. I've figured most of it out but I seem to have a couple of alternatives. One is to take the metro back 2 stops to the airport and hop on a train for Osterport and then the #26 UNICEF bus from there.

Or the metro to is it Kongens Nytorv and the 26 bus from there. That seems to be a couple of blocks to the bus; I have a suitcase on wheels as well as a carry on but if it becomes too burdensome, I can always hop a cab but I think Osterport might be better if I have to hop a cab as it is closer (and hence cheaper) and worry about just how crowded the #26 bus will be on the way to the port.

Decisions, decisions. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Do you have a suggestion as to which way might be better? I appreciate any help and advice you can give.

Danish Viking...you've been a great great help but now it's crunch time so I need your advice. I'm staying at the Park Inn by Radisson two metro stops from the airport for my cruise leaving from the new terminal on Friday 06 June. I've figured most of it out but I seem to have a couple of alternatives. One is to take the metro back 2 stops to the airport and hop on a train for Osterport and then the #26 UNICEF bus from there.

Or the metro to is it Kongens Nytorv and the 26 bus from there. That seems to be a couple of blocks to the bus; I have a suitcase on wheels as well as a carry on but if it becomes too burdensome, I can always hop a cab but I think Osterport might be better if I have to hop a cab as it is closer (and hence cheaper) and worry about just how crowded the #26 bus will be on the way to the port.

Decisions, decisions. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Do you have a suggestion as to which way might be better? I appreciate any help and advice you can give.

The bus is probably less crowded from Østerport so that would be my choice.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

The bus stop at Kongens Nytorv is just across the street from the metro entrance but its a crowded bus stop with many busses and a huge construction zone.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Kongens%20Nytorv.pdf

Yes your hotel is located very close to both Kongens Nytorv Metro station and Nyhavn from where both canal tours departs from.

A taxi from your hotel to Kongens Nytorv is roughly around 200-250 kroner.

Thanks for your help! Do you mean taxi from hotel to Oceankj port is 200-250DKK? Thanks again.

On June 21, Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas will be in Copenhagen. However, which port/pier location will Brilliance be docked? Some people have reported calling Royal Caribbean and were told that the Brilliance will dock at Quay/birth 245 which I believe might be Sund Pier which is located at Copenhagen Freeport, I think? And some people report that the Brilliance will be docked at Langeline pier C190. So, there seems to be conflicting information, I wonder which info is correct? Any ideas? Thanks!

On the 21th of June the cruise list at CM Port looks like this.

Nordre Toldbod: Le Boreal

Langeliniekaj: Aidabella and Brilliance Of The Seas

Freeport Terminal: Seven Seas Voyager

Cruise Terminal: Costa Luminosa and MSC Poesia.

Hi Danish Viking,

I understand that June 9 is a holiday and that we may not have bus 26 running on the day our ship docks in oceankaj. I was not able to confirm this. Will this be the case? Will taxi then be the best way to get to Nyhavn for canal tour? Do you know approximate cost of taxi? Any other transportation options?

Thank you for your help,

Cathy

We went by taxi from oceanjag 330 to a hotel on Nyhvn and it was 190 dkk.

There is a post on the Princess forum that is providing warnings about the current issue with the port and taxis right now. It is taking 1.5-2 hours to get a taxi when you disembark and it is a one lane road and taking 30 minutes to get to the main road from the port. So I am hoping by taking the hop on hop off it will save some time.

Hi Danish Viking,

I understand that June 9 is a holiday and that we may not have bus 26 running on the day our ship docks in oceankaj. I was not able to confirm this. Will this be the case? Will taxi then be the best way to get to Nyhavn for canal tour? Do you know approximate cost of taxi? Any other transportation options?

Thank you for your help,

Cathy

yes its a public holiday so no busses this time around, but hey I got free from work :D

We are also arriving at Oceankaj on Eclipse 9th June. As we are not arriving until 15.00hrs we wondered if there is anywhere within walking distance to look around. Are there any shops or cafes within walking distance of Oceankaj, and if there are some will they be open? Thanks

Danish Viking

Our ship will be docked at C177 Norde Toldbod on Sunday June 22, please suggest best method to get to ship from Malmo Central station with luggage! Also, does bus 26 stop right in front of the Norde Toldbod terminal building?

Thank you

I'm excited to be leaving for Copenhagen tomorrow night! On the front end we have most of two days to see the city; now I'm trying to prepare the last day.

We are scheduled to arrive at C330 at 0700 on 6 June. Our flight leaves at 1540. We're trying to decide whether to go direct to the airport and wait all day in the Copenhagen Apartment Lounge, or to spend another day sightseeing.

If we choose to spend the day, it seems we should take transportation to the Central Train Station to store luggage and then head out into the city.

Any suggestions for how you'd spend most of a day in Copenhagen without exhausting yourself before the upcoming flight?

Also, since this is apparently the new interface for the http://www.rejseplanen.dk/ site, any suggestions on the C330-Airport route or the C330-København H-Airport route? ;-) Is it worth taking one of the HOHO buses even though by this point we should have seen all the stops on their tour already?

Thanks again for the great information!

@ Denver United

Bus 1A will take you to Østerport station from where you can catch the train to Malmö C

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Nordre+Toldbod,+1259+K%C3%B8benhavn/Esplanaden/@55.6885843,12.5935525,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525320a33681fb:0x1e843a41bb9a159a!2m2!1d12.5988467!2d55.6895234!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525321d3bf0317:0x99064c0cb119d122!2m2!1d12.592435!2d55.688002!3e2

From Østerport the train departs at XX:01, XX:21 and XX:41 towards Malmö, the directions are Göteborg, Kristianstad or Kalmar.

Edited by Danish viking

I'm excited to be leaving for Copenhagen tomorrow night! On the front end we have most of two days to see the city; now I'm trying to prepare the last day.

We are scheduled to arrive at C330 at 0700 on 6 June. Our flight leaves at 1540. We're trying to decide whether to go direct to the airport and wait all day in the Copenhagen Apartment Lounge, or to spend another day sightseeing.

If we choose to spend the day, it seems we should take transportation to the Central Train Station to store luggage and then head out into the city.

Any suggestions for how you'd spend most of a day in Copenhagen without exhausting yourself before the upcoming flight?

Also, since this is apparently the new interface for the http://www.rejseplanen.dk/ site, any suggestions on the C330-Airport route or the C330-København H-Airport route? ;-) Is it worth taking one of the HOHO buses even though by this point we should have seen all the stops on their tour already?

Thanks again for the great information!

My honest opinion is that the hoho busses is a very expensive way to see the city.

If you store your luggage at the central station you can walk to most sites and not get to far away.

Nationalmuseet (free entrance) and Glyptoteket is close by and is worth a visit

The train leaves every 10th minute to the airport and it takes around 12-15 minutes.

Hi Danish viking

We are arriving in Copenhagen on Friday at 9.20, so looking to get from airport to cruise port Oceankaj C330 at around 10.30

I am in a wheelchair and hubby will have luggage. So need straightforward route. I have been trying to use rejseplanen to plan journey. Using train and bus however it is saying that there will be disruption on route, and may have to make additional changes, do you know if that will affect us?