Wonderful Copenhagen

Everyone got on board. We boarded at Kongens Nytorv and it was already full of cruisers and luggage. I'm not sure, but I think I overheard people saying it was the wrong 26 but so many people got on he changed it to UNICEF before we boarded. At each stop more cruisers and some locals packed tighter on the bus. At the end a few people who boarded at the back/middle tried to pay and the driver wouldn't accept their money. I'm wondering if all 2000 passengers will storm the bus when we debark on Friday. Let me know if you'd like more information.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

At what time did you board. I'm aiming for an early bus say around 0919 hopefully before the bulk of the cruise passengers stat towards the ship.

Again as I told the others, please email the wonderful Copenhagen tourist board, cruise Copenhagen and in this case probably also the transport authority Movia.

The email for Movia is movia@moviatrafik.dk.

Cruisecopenhagen@woco.dk

Touristinfo@woco.dk

More people complaining the better, this situation annoys me because I want the experience for all of you to be good.

I have sent an e-mail about all the problems we had getting downtown from the port to the 3 places you provided. Thank you for all your help.

Wendy

Danish Viking, I have been lurking on this thread for a while. We used a lot of your information for 3 days in Copenhagen prior to our cruise on the NCL Star on May 19.

We stayed at the Adina Apartments and planned on taking the #26 to Oceankaj 330. When I checked Google Maps on my phone, it told me there would be a long walk to the pier. The hotel told me the same thing, so we took a taxi - who promptly got lost.

Of course you were correct :) and we saw the #26 bus stop in front of the terminal and again on the side for luggage drop off

I'm sure that as more ships use this pier, the locals (and Google Maps) will have updated information, but it was a bit annoying to pay 130 dkk when our Copenhagen Cards would have gotten us to the ship.

Thanks again,

Margaret

Danish Viking, I have been lurking on this thread for a while. We used a lot of your information for 3 days in Copenhagen prior to our cruise on the NCL Star on May 19.

We stayed at the Adina Apartments and planned on taking the #26 to Oceankaj 330. When I checked Google Maps on my phone, it told me there would be a long walk to the pier. The hotel told me the same thing, so we took a taxi - who promptly got lost.

Of course you were correct :) and we saw the #26 bus stop in front of the terminal and again on the side for luggage drop off

I'm sure that as more ships use this pier, the locals (and Google Maps) will have updated information, but it was a bit annoying to pay 130 dkk when our Copenhagen Cards would have gotten us to the ship.

Thanks again,

Margaret

So let me make sure I have this right. The #26 bus that goes to UNICEF stops almost in front of terminal C330 (where my ship is departing from) and is really a viable alternative to a taxi. Now the only decision is where to hop on the bus.

Hi Danish Viking!

I'm traveling with my wife, our 2 kids (7 and 9 years old) and my wife's mother and father - so four adults and two children. Our cruise gets back into Copenhagen on June 25th and we are staying in the area for a couple more days. On June 26th, which is a Thursday, I'd like to take the whole crew to see Kronborg and Frederiksborg castles. We have the entire day to ourselves.

What transportation would you recommend? I'd like to avoid tours - we prefer to go at our own pace which is usually fast. I worry if we take trains we'll spend a lot of time waiting and run the risk of getting stuck. I don't mind renting a car, but we would need something that can fit 6 people. And I'm embarrassed to say, having an automatic transmission is a requirement.

Thanks!

Everyone got on board. We boarded at Kongens Nytorv and it was already full of cruisers and luggage. I'm not sure, but I think I overheard people saying it was the wrong 26 but so many people got on he changed it to UNICEF before we boarded. At each stop more cruisers and some locals packed tighter on the bus. At the end a few people who boarded at the back/middle tried to pay and the driver wouldn't accept their money. I'm wondering if all 2000 passengers will storm the bus when we debark on Friday. Let me know if you'd like more information.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How much was the bus per person?

do the taxis take credit cards or are they cash only? Need to budget for airport to Bethel hotel, then Bethel to port C330 for cruise later.

We have always been able to use non-chip credit cards for taxis. Just ask the driver first before you get in the cab. Can't remember any costs, though.

Hi Danish Viking!

I'm traveling with my wife, our 2 kids (7 and 9 years old) and my wife's mother and father - so four adults and two children. Our cruise gets back into Copenhagen on June 25th and we are staying in the area for a couple more days. On June 26th, which is a Thursday, I'd like to take the whole crew to see Kronborg and Frederiksborg castles. We have the entire day to ourselves.

What transportation would you recommend? I'd like to avoid tours - we prefer to go at our own pace which is usually fast. I worry if we take trains we'll spend a lot of time waiting and run the risk of getting stuck. I don't mind renting a car, but we would need something that can fit 6 people. And I'm embarrassed to say, having an automatic transmission is a requirement.

Thanks!

I won´t talk you out of renting a car but do expect around 8-1000 kroner just for the rent for a big van.

Then add fuel and insurance.

But its really easy to go by train.

Take S-train line E towards Hillerød, there is a departure every 10th minute and it takes 40 minutes from the central station.

Then you can walk to the castle in 20 minutes time.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Hiller%C3%B8d+st/Frederiksborg+Castle,+3400+Hiller%C3%B8d/@55.9317732,12.2951629,15z/data=!4m24!4m23!1m15!1m1!1s0x465240b93d48e7eb:0xc29994aeefa81d4e!2m2!1d12.310928!2d55.926923!3m4!1m2!1d12.3010662!2d55.93109!3s0x465240961a79dc1b:0x9c0f2b3d74338c75!3m4!1m2!1d12.2974636!2d55.9341077!3s0x465240971600c4ab:0x21e6d37d934317ab!1m5!1m1!1s0x46524097762941e1:0x12c6a634246b6152!2m2!1d12.301272!2d55.934965!3e2

Or take bus 301 towards Ålholmparken and 302 towards Sophienlund, each bus goes every 10th minute and takes 4-5 minutes.

From Hillerød you take the lokalbanen train to Helsingør, this train departs at XX:00 and XX:30 and takes bertween 26 and 28 minutes.

I won´t enen do a map of Helsingør because you can see Kronborg Castle all the way from the station.

And now theres a tiny little but.

Because of a new road accces to the port they need to build a bridge for the traintracks.

So the Øresund train goes back to Klampenborg near Copenhagen every 20th minute at XX:15, XX:35 and XX:55, this trip takes 33 minutes.

Here you change at Klampenborg for a line C train towards Ballerup and are back in Copenhagen 21 minutes later

We have always been able to use non-chip credit cards for taxis. Just ask the driver first before you get in the cab. Can't remember any costs, though.

We were one of the "early ones" in May to experience the port- May 19th. The first driver quoted us 120DK to the Bethel from Oceankaj 330. It turned out to be 190DK and he accepted our non-chip card. The driver to the airport refused, absolutely refused our credit card and we had to use our debit card. He thought the other driver was "new" and didn't use good sense...

BTW- you will love Hotel Bethel. The taxi drivers were the only thing about Copenhagen I did not like.

We will be stopping at Lagkagehuset Bakery on Stroget at Frederiksberggade 21, to try some famous Danish pastry. We will need to get Danish currency from a Bank machine/ATM to purchase some pastry as well as for other things while in Copenhagen, such as canal tour. Trying to figure out how much Danish currency we will need. What is the average cost of a pastry from Lagkagehuset? Thanks!

At København H you will find the atm next to the post office at the opposite end of the Tivoli entrance.

I have never been at Lagekagehuset but its one of the more expensive bakerys in town, but probably also one of the better.

But its probably around 50-60 kroner for two Wienerbrød and a cup of coffee.

I am departing on Legend of the Seas June 18th.

RC describes the port as 'Copenhagen Cruise Terminals Ocean, "Frihavn", Flexpladsen, Berth 245, Copenhagen.

Can this be reached by taking bus 26 from Osterport Station?

Do I need 2 fares?

Thanks

I am departing on Legend of the Seas June 18th.

RC describes the port as 'Copenhagen Cruise Terminals Ocean, "Frihavn", Flexpladsen, Berth 245, Copenhagen.

Can this be reached by taking bus 26 from Osterport Station?

Do I need 2 fares?

Thanks

Its C330 Oceankaj

And yes you just take bus 26 towards UNICEF Færgehavn Nord.

Its the C departures

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000002049

A 2 zone ticket (3 zones if you arrive from the airport) is valid for 1 hour so if you take the trip in one take you ticket will be valid.

Hi DV,

Can you help me by telling me which train I would take and which stop to get off at for Frilands Museet starting from the Nyhavn area. Also, would there be much walking from the train to the site, or is it very near?

Thanks!

thank you so much! I booked the Bethel last April and have the corner top floor largest room reserved for our August pre cruise stay. how close is the hotel to the downtown and Stroget shopping area??

We were one of the "early ones" in May to experience the port- May 19th. The first driver quoted us 120DK to the Bethel from Oceankaj 330. It turned out to be 190DK and he accepted our non-chip card. The driver to the airport refused, absolutely refused our credit card and we had to use our debit card. He thought the other driver was "new" and didn't use good sense...

BTW- you will love Hotel Bethel. The taxi drivers were the only thing about Copenhagen I did not like.

Hi there,

Search function is down..... there's a bunch of us staying at the Bethel and we'd like to share transport to the pier for embarkation.... can someone recommend a van service please..... thanks.....

Linda

Hi,

I posted the above a while ago but can't find a response..... there will be 6 of us (maybe 8) to transport with luggage from the Somandshjemmet Bethel Hotel to Oceankaj. Would like to pre-book a van if possible. Can someone recommend a van company please.

Thanks.

Linda

I am still stuck trying to find the right hotel...any help would be appreciated. There are 7 of us, 4 adults, 2 children under the age of 11 and a 12 year old a few of the hotels I have inquired into want us to take 3 rooms for a group that size and that is price prohibitive since we need one night pre cruise and hoped for 3 nights post cruise , does anyone know of a hotel that has rooms to accomodate our family, 4 in one room and 3 in the other thats in a good location for walking and touring esp after the cruise. I cant even get beyond this point so far.....thanks so much

jan

Hi,

I posted the above a while ago but can't find a response..... there will be 6 of us (maybe 8) to transport with luggage from the Somandshjemmet Bethel Hotel to Oceankaj. Would like to pre-book a van if possible. Can someone recommend a van company please.

Thanks.

Linda

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42930956#post42930956

Hi DV,

Can you help me by telling me which train I would take and which stop to get off at for Frilands Museet starting from the Nyhavn area. Also, would there be much walking from the train to the site, or is it very near?

Thanks!

From Nyhavn you take the metro from Kongens Nytorv metrostation towards Vanløse (both M1 and M2) and get off at Nørreport.

From here you take S-train line B towards Holte or Hillerød (weekends), the train departs every 10th minute.

You now get off at Sorgenfri station.

From here you can walk 750 meters in 10 minutes time or take bus 191 that departs every 30th minute.

The bus departs at XX:14 and XX:44.

The train trip from Nørreport to Sorgenfri takes 20 minutes and it leaves at XX:00, XX:10, XX:20 etc.