Wonderful Copenhagen

The bus has wheelchair access in the middle door you just need to pull the red handle located at the door and a ramp will fold outdo the wheelchair can just roll on.

The bus you need to take is bus 26 to UNICEF Færgehavn Nord that departs at XX:30 and XX:50

Please notice that there is also two other end destinations from bus 26, its Indiakaj (:00, XX:20 and XX:40) Færgehavn Nord (the XX:10 departure) and do not want to take them.

From the airport you just take the Øresund train towards Helsingør and Nivå and they depart every 10th minute.

Edited by Danish viking

We are on Legend of the Seas on Saturday 5/31. RCCL has told me that we will be leaving from the Copenhagen Cruise Terminal Frihaven Flexpladsen Berth 245. I can find no information what that means or where that is. Can someone help? We will be taking a taxi from Hotel Neptun to the port.

There is a post on the Princess forum that is providing warnings about the current issue with the port and taxis right now. It is taking 1.5-2 hours to get a taxi when you disembark and it is a one lane road and taking 30 minutes to get to the main road from the port. So I am hoping by taking the hop on hop off it will save some time.

This is worrisome. Our flight departs at 12:20 p.m. Waiting 2 hours for a taxi would be a catastrophe. Do you think we should sign up for the cruise line transfers instead? What is the problem with the taxis?

Hi Danish Viking,

We are arriving into Copenhagen Airport Terminal 2 at 9.50pm on 1st June and staying at the Imperial Hotel. Is it possible to pick up a Copenhagen card at the airport at that time of night and how frequent are the trains? As the Imperial is near Central Station I think this is probably the best way to get from the airport. I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Anne

Hi Danish Viking,

We are arriving into Copenhagen Airport Terminal 2 at 9.50pm on 1st June and staying at the Imperial Hotel. Is it possible to pick up a Copenhagen card at the airport at that time of night and how frequent are the trains? As the Imperial is near Central Station I think this is probably the best way to get from the airport. I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Anne

There is a information desk just on your left hand when you exit the luggage claim area and it closes at 23:00.

From there you just continue to the tip of the paperplane shaped terminal and catch a train to Copenhagen from track 2.

I can't remember if its a train at every 10th or 20th minute at that time.

We are on Legend of the Seas on Saturday 5/31. RCCL has told me that we will be leaving from the Copenhagen Cruise Terminal Frihaven Flexpladsen Berth 245. I can find no information what that means or where that is. Can someone help? We will be taking a taxi from Hotel Neptun to the port.

The cruise list that day places your ship on the new cruise terminal at Oceankaj with MSC Poesia and Costa Luminosa.

Mein Schiff 2 will be at the Freeport terminal at Levantkaj and finally we will find Connie (aka Celebrity Constellation) at Langeliniekaj.

Regarding your other remark I hope that the port authority is working day and night to figure something out but as your plane is leaving rather late in the day is it then possible to stay later onboard so the initially rush is gone?

If your ship is back on the 7th of June then Legend (wait for it...) Of The Seas will be in port at 07:00, Costa Luminosa and MSC Poesia will be in port at 08:30 and 09:00 so maybe you should leave before they arrive or as I said before wait to the initially rush is over.

Edited by Danish viking

There is a information desk just on your left hand when you exit the luggage claim area and it closes at 23:00.

From there you just continue to the tip of the paperplane shaped terminal and catch a train to Copenhagen from track 2.

I can't remember if its a train at every 10th or 20th minute at that time.

Thanks Danish Viking. As always your very prompt response is greatly appreciated. Anne

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The cruise list that day places your ship on the new cruise terminal at Oceankaj with MSC Poesia and Costa Luminosa.

Mein Schiff 2 will be at the Freeport terminal at Levantkaj and finally we will find Connie (aka Celebrity Constellation) at Langeliniekaj.

Regarding your other remark I hope that the port authority is working day and night to figure something out but as your plane is leaving rather late in the day is it then possible to stay later onboard so the initially rush is gone?

If your ship is back on the 7th of June then Legend (wait for it...) Of The Seas will be in port at 07:00, Costa Luminosa and MSC Poesia will be in port at 08:30 and 09:00 so maybe you should leave before they arrive or as I said before wait to the initially rush is over.

We are on the same cruise leaving May 31st. My port directions say Copenhagen cruise Terminals Ocean. What do we tell the taxi driver that day to get to the right terminal? We have the ship transfer when we get back so no trouble there.

Danish Viking- we are staying at the Mayfair Hotel Tunneln in Malmo the night before our 8 July cruise on Holland America Eurodam which I believe departs from Freeport C333. There are 4 of us and ease of transport is most important vs. cost. Is taking the train from Malmo to the CPH Central train station and then a taxi from there to our cruise terminal the best option? For our return to the airport, can we pre-reserve a taxi from Freeport C333 to the airport early in the morning (7:30 am) of 20 July?

Its cheaper to continue 2 stops further to Østerport station and take a taxi from there.

I'm not on my computer now so so I can't provide links but google dantaxi or Amager-Øbro taxi and there you should find contact info.

Danishking,

We will disembark from oceania nautica on aug 22 and have a flight at2:30pm.

We donot want to spent time at the airport more than what we have to. Do you any suggestion on what we can do? I believe we will have to claim our luggage,is there luggage storage at the pier?

Plan to take taxi to the airport.

Thanks,

Maria

The bus has wheelchair access in the middle door you just need to pull the red handle located at the door and a ramp will fold outdo the wheelchair can just roll on.

The bus you need to take is bus 26 to UNICEF Færgehavn Nord that departs at XX:30 and XX:50

Please notice that there is also two other end destinations from bus 26, its Indiakaj (:00, XX:20 and XX:40) Færgehavn Nord (the XX:10 departure) and do not want to take them.

From the airport you just take the Øresund train towards Helsingør and Nivå and they depart every 10th minute.

Hi Danish Viking!

I just only discovered your wonderful thread! Our ship leaves from c330 on Wed.

Jun 25th. Does Bus 26 allow luggage and does it get you close to the pier or is it quite a long walk? Also, Is this bus covered by the Copenhagen card if you get on at the Nyhavn area?

When we return on a Sunday, it is mentioned that there is no public transportation leaving from the pier. Are HoHo buses considered private or public?

Thanks in advance!

Linda

Hi Danish Viking!

When we return on a Sunday, it is mentioned that there is no public transportation leaving from the pier. Are HoHo buses considered private or public?

Thanks in advance!

Linda

We also arrive on Sunday, in this case C254 Orientkaj in Frihaven.

Besides the HoHo buses, and taxis waiting at the port (we hope), is it possible to arrange for a taxi pickup to meet us there?

Or is the HoHo the best alternative?

I'd like to add our experience to the taxi situation. We arrived at the new terminal on the Legend of the Seas on 5/24 (Saturday). We made a connection with another couple who were interested in sharing a taxi to the airport. The four of us had just carry on luggage. We disembarked at 9:15, there was a line of taxis waiting. Traffic was a bit heavy but not awful. The total charge was 374 Danish kroner. We rounded it up to 200 kroner per couple. The driver was happy and so were we. Only $18.50 pp as opposed to the ship's $37.00 pp. Hassle free and the driver even provided commentary on the sights we were passing.

Danish Viking. I enjoyed Copenhagen immensely. Ready to return and spend more time in your beautiful country. Thank you again for your help and dedication. You have enriched our traveling experience.

Hello!

I am trying to figure out an itinerary for my time in Copenhagen next year, but it is hard because I am not sure if the things I want to do are far from each other, or what makes the most sense to do in order. If you can look at my suggested itinerary and give any tips you can think of, I would really appreciate it! Please keep in mind we will have one person in a wheelchair and slow walker - so any tips on that (like tour or cab companies) would be great, too!

Other suggestions I would love would be where to have lunch in Nyhavn and on day 2; and where to have dinner on Day 3.

Places I would love to visit, but cannot find the time are: North Zealand (Frederiksborg Castle), Town Hall Square, Christiansborg Castle, and Amaliehaven

DAY 1: (9:30AM - Overnight)

9:15AM – 9:30AM Disembark

9:30AM – 10:30AM Little Mermaid / Travel to Frederiksberg

10:30AM – 1:00PM Tour Frederiksberg (Gardens)

1:00PM – 1:30PM Travel to Nyhavn

1:30PM – 4:00PM Lunch / Tour Nyhavn

4:00PM – 4:30 PM Travel to Church of our Savior

4:30PM – 6:30PM Tour Church of our Savior

6:30PM – 7:00PM Travel to Dinner Cruise

7:00PM – 10:00PM Dinner Cruise

10:00PM – 11:00PM Return from Dinner / Embark

DAY 2: (8:00AM - 4:00PM)

7:45AM – 8:00AM Disembark

8:00AM – 8:30PM Travel to the National Museum

8:30AM – 11:00AM Tour the National Museum

11:00AM – 12:00PM Quick and Nearby Lunch

12:00PM – 12:30PM Travel to Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek

12:30PM – 2:30PM Tour Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek

2:30PM – 3:00PM Travel Back to the Ship / Embark

DAY 3: (9:30AM - Overnight)

9:30AM – 11:00AM Drive to Hotel / Check-In / Rest

11:00AM – 11:30AM Drive to Tivoli Gardens

11:30AM – 3:30PM Tivoli Gardens (Lunch)

3:30PM – 4:00PM Travel to Rosenborg Castle

4:00PM – 6:00PM Tour Rosenborg Castle

6:00PM – 6:30PM Travel to Dinner

6:30PM – 8:30PM Last Dinner in Copenhagen

8:30PM – 9:00PM Travel Back to the Hotel

The only thing we MUST do is Tivoli Gardens - everything else is flexible. Thank you so much for any feedback and suggestions!

Danishking,

We will disembark from oceania nautica on aug 22 and have a flight at2:30pm.

We donot want to spent time at the airport more than what we have to. Do you any suggestion on what we can do? I believe we will have to claim our luggage,is there luggage storage at the pier?

Plan to take taxi to the airport.

Thanks,

Maria

Langelinie pier has no facilities as such so you can store your luggage there.

I think that your best plan is to take a taxi to the central station or bus 26 to Østerport station and then a train to the central station.

From here you can tour the parts of Copenhagen that are closest to the central station.

Hi Danish Viking!

I just only discovered your wonderful thread! Our ship leaves from c330 on Wed.

Jun 25th. Does Bus 26 allow luggage and does it get you close to the pier or is it quite a long walk? Also, Is this bus covered by the Copenhagen card if you get on at the Nyhavn area?

Thanks in advance!

Linda

The bus goes all the way to the Oceankaj pier 2 times every hour, just make sure to take the one that goes to UNICEF Færgehavn Nord.

And yes its covered by the Copenhagen Card.

HOHO busses are concidered private transportation and there will always be HOHO busses when a ships in port.

We also arrive on Sunday, in this case C254 Orientkaj in Frihaven.

Besides the HoHo buses, and taxis waiting at the port (we hope), is it possible to arrange for a taxi pickup to meet us there?

Or is the HoHo the best alternative?

Orientkaj is located in walking distance from Nordhavn Station so that is also a possibility.

But here are some of the taxi providers.

http://www.amagerobrotaxi.dk/#top

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Koebenhavn

Hello!

I am trying to figure out an itinerary for my time in Copenhagen next year, but it is hard because I am not sure if the things I want to do are far from each other, or what makes the most sense to do in order. If you can look at my suggested itinerary and give any tips you can think of, I would really appreciate it! Please keep in mind we will have one person in a wheelchair and slow walker - so any tips on that (like tour or cab companies) would be great, too!

Other suggestions I would love would be where to have lunch in Nyhavn and on day 2; and where to have dinner on Day 3.

Places I would love to visit, but cannot find the time are: North Zealand (Frederiksborg Castle), Town Hall Square, Christiansborg Castle, and Amaliehaven

DAY 1: (9:30AM - Overnight)

9:15AM – 9:30AM Disembark

9:30AM – 10:30AM Little Mermaid / Travel to Frederiksberg

10:30AM – 1:00PM Tour Frederiksberg (Gardens)

1:00PM – 1:30PM Travel to Nyhavn

1:30PM – 4:00PM Lunch / Tour Nyhavn

4:00PM – 4:30 PM Travel to Church of our Savior

4:30PM – 6:30PM Tour Church of our Savior

6:30PM – 7:00PM Travel to Dinner Cruise

7:00PM – 10:00PM Dinner Cruise

10:00PM – 11:00PM Return from Dinner / Embark

DAY 2: (8:00AM - 4:00PM)

7:45AM – 8:00AM Disembark

8:00AM – 8:30PM Travel to the National Museum

8:30AM – 11:00AM Tour the National Museum

11:00AM – 12:00PM Quick and Nearby Lunch

12:00PM – 12:30PM Travel to Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek

12:30PM – 2:30PM Tour Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek

2:30PM – 3:00PM Travel Back to the Ship / Embark

DAY 3: (9:30AM - Overnight)

9:30AM – 11:00AM Drive to Hotel / Check-In / Rest

11:00AM – 11:30AM Drive to Tivoli Gardens

11:30AM – 3:30PM Tivoli Gardens (Lunch)

3:30PM – 4:00PM Travel to Rosenborg Castle

4:00PM – 6:00PM Tour Rosenborg Castle

6:00PM – 6:30PM Travel to Dinner

6:30PM – 8:30PM Last Dinner in Copenhagen

8:30PM – 9:00PM Travel Back to the Hotel

The only thing we MUST do is Tivoli Gardens - everything else is flexible. Thank you so much for any feedback and suggestions!

Day 1.

As you probably know the Little Mermaid is located next to Langerlinie (if your ship is docked there.

From the little mermaid you can take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads (and Frederiksbergs Have) and get off at "De Små Haver" and you are at the park.

When going to Nyhavn you can take bus 26 back to central Copenhagen where you get of at Kongens Nytorv or you walk walk to Frederiksberg metro station from where you take M1 or M2 towards Vestamager or Lufthavnen and get off at Kongens Nytorv.

From Nyhavn to Vor Frelser Kirke and back to your dinner cruise (I presume it departs from Nyhavn) you just take the metro from Kongens Nytorv to Christianshavn and back to Kongens Nytorv.

Day 2.

I do again guessing that your ship is docked at Langelinie

Take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Stormbroen, Nationalmuseet, here you walk to the national museum.

You walk to glyptoteket.

You then catch bus 26 back to Indiakaj from the town hall square (Rådhuspladsen).

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Stormbroen,+Nationalmuseet/Nationalmuseet+Indgang/Ny+Carlsberg+Glyptotek,+Dantes+Plads+7,+1556+K%C3%B8benhavn/City+Hall+Square,+1599+Copenhagen/@55.6745265,12.5701468,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m26!4m25!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525313e29e3ba1:0xe81a6885d5819900!2m2!1d12.576364!2d55.675874!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652531394722f67:0x87fd3bb9ed7cae87!2m2!1d12.575137!2d55.674291!1m5!1m1!1s0x465253130411747d:0x599f2e4fe338e7a1!2m2!1d12.572543!2d55.67298!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530dfbdd1e99:0x2717b01caaedfd10!2m2!1d12.569128!2d55.675914!3e2

On day 3 you just take any northbound train from the central station to Nørreport in order to get from Tivoli to Rosenborg Castle.

The bus goes all the way to the Oceankaj pier 2 times every hour, just make sure to take the one that goes to UNICEF Færgehavn Nord.

And yes its covered by the Copenhagen Card.

HOHO busses are concidered private transportation and there will always be HOHO busses when a ships in port.

Danish Viking, you're the BEST!