Wonderful Copenhagen

Here is some further information to make your choice easy.

Terminal map for central station, Kongens Nytorv and Østerport.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Hovedbanen.pdf

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Kongens%20Nytorv.pdf

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

Excellent information, as usual. Thank you and have a great day!

But remember that it's only childrens between 0 and 11 that travels for free with an adult.

If they are between 12 and 15 they pay half the price. In this case 12 kroner.

Ahh, ok. So if we have a 2 zone card and we need to go 3 zones, can we do 1 clip for a child who is 12-15? (And then 3 clips for 2 adults? The other child is under 11.)

I sure its a yes because then you pay for 2 zones when you in reality only need 1,5 zone (3 zones divided by 2) and I can't imagine the ticket conductor is having any problem with that. :D

Edited by Danish viking

We are sailing on the Eurodam returning July 8, 2014. Our flight to Venice is on Norwegian Air leaves at 6:40 am. The Eurodam docks on the morning of July 7th. Is it possible we will be able to get a taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport to make the flight? How much time should we allow? Public transportation is not an option for us as my husband is limited in the distance he can walk.

Thanks for your prompt reply and your ongoing helpful information on everything Copenhagen.

Jean

We are sailing on the Eurodam returning July 8, 2014. Our flight to Venice is on Norwegian Air leaves at 6:40 am. The Eurodam docks on the morning of July 7th. Is it possible we will be able to get a taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport to make the flight? How much time should we allow? Public transportation is not an option for us as my husband is limited in the distance he can walk.

Thanks for your prompt reply and your ongoing helpful information on everything Copenhagen.

Jean

From my personal experience you have to be in the airport no more than 1 hour before departure time if you also need to check in your luggage, get through security and get to the gate before final boarding time.

Security should take no more than 5-10 minutes, I have no personal experience with checked in luggage on a Norwegian flight but that should not take more than 5-10 minutes either if you use the self service check in.

Jean

You will have to carry your own luggage off the ship very early. I would think you would need to leave you cabin by 430 AM. Are you able to do that?

I wouldn't think there would be cabs hanging around the ship that early either.

Perhaps you could leave the night before and spend the night at a hotel near the airport. You could probably have someone with the ship help you with your luggage and cabs would be available in the evening.

Danish Viking.....I have been following your thread for a very long time and marvel at your wonderful information but I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to yet. So, thanks for all the info you can provide. I have been trying to find a grocery store close to Nyhavn, a Netto, Aldi, etc. and have not been able to do that. I have mobility issues so it's not feasible to walk too far. Is there anywhere to buy a few groceries very close to Nyhavn? Thanks for all your help.

Judy from SW Florida

so.... if an admission to a museum or castle is 65,00 dkk what is that in US, $13 or $130?? can't quite figure out the comma in the wrong spot for american conversion. :o

The comma is the decimal mark in all of Europe except for the UK. The thousands separator would be a space. You can see a map and a list of countries using each way to mark numbers in Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

Danish Viking.....I have been following your thread for a very long time and marvel at your wonderful information but I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to yet. So, thanks for all the info you can provide. I have been trying to find a grocery store close to Nyhavn, a Netto, Aldi, etc. and have not been able to do that. I have mobility issues so it's not feasible to walk too far. Is there anywhere to buy a few groceries very close to Nyhavn? Thanks for all your help.

Judy from SW Florida

Try this one

Fakta

Store Kongensgade 21

1264 KØBENHAVN K

The Magasin department store on Kongens Nytorv also has a high end supermarket in the basement.

The comma is the decimal mark in all of Europe except for the UK. The thousands separator would be a space. You can see a map and a list of countries using each way to mark numbers in Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

It could also be written like this: 1'000 for one thousand, 10'000 for ten thousand and etc. Personally I prefer this style since it is less confusing.

Thanks for that part. We have booked our bags and seats which gives us speedy security passage. My concern is will we be able to get a taxi at 5:00 am? We will be able to carry off our bags at this early hour so all we need is transportation. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Jean

hello danish Viking - you are amazing in all the help you have given in these posts. A question for you or others

Ship docks in langelinie pier (as of today) on June 14

we are very interested in seeing viking ship museum and Roskilde cathedral

I understand that we can walk (or bus) to osterport and connect at central station and take the train to Roskilde

how easy is this to do for non-Danish speakers?

The Cathedral opens at 09:00 and the viking ship museum opens at 10:00.

If your ship is Marina you will be in port from 07:00 to 17:00 so its probably best to go earlier in the day.

Walking route from Langelinie to Østerport station

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Langeliniekaj,+2100+K%C3%B8benhavn/Oslo+Plads,+2100+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.6948788,12.5895079,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252dd08649a7d:0x4e7b478417fecaf!2m2!1d12.6005375!2d55.6984283!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252e1e512da69:0x4822a12508a7d360!2m2!1d12.5870613!2d55.6917858!3e2

The traveltime by train from Østerport to Roskilde is between 33 and 38 minutes depending on the departure and you don´t need to change train.

On Saturday the 14th of June there are several departures with the Regionaltog train to choose from.

07:58 towards Nykøbing F

08:07 towards Roskilde

08:16 Intercity train towards Esbjerg and Flensburg

08:37 towards Ringsted

08:58 towards Nykøbing F

09:07 towards Roskilde

09:16 IC train towards Esbjerg and Sønderborg

etc.....

There are of course some earlier trains but I have not listed them here.

Walking route from Roskilde station to the Cathedral and finally the viking ship museum.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Roskilde+Station,+4000+Roskilde/Roskilde+Cathedral,+Domkirkepladsen+3,+4000+Roskilde/Viking+Ship+Museum,+Vindeboder+12,+4000+Roskilde/@55.6449778,12.0753055,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m20!4m19!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525fc5be5747ef:0x8c4721ade0161c38!2m2!1d12.088912!2d55.639169!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525fda85cdd88f:0xd234cc29c7f82bc1!2m2!1d12.080449!2d55.642638!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525fd37201241b:0x886928419e79dc20!2m2!1d12.080476!2d55.650763!3e2

The bus back to the station only runs once every hour on weekends but if you get the 14:20 bus you will be at the station at 14:33 or you can walk the 20 minutes back to the station.

On the way back I have tried to find some departures that gets you back to Østerport in reasonable time.

This time the travel time varies between 34 and 40 minutes.

All trains are heading for Østerport.

14:12

14:28 (intercity train)

14:34

14:42

15:12 (will get you back at Østerport 15:51)

The Cathedral opens at 09:00 and the viking ship museum opens at 10:00.

If your ship is Marina you will be in port from 07:00 to 17:00 so its probably best to go earlier in the day.

you are amazing - thank you so much - yes, marina

ps our 3 week trip started with the idea of going to British museum to see the Viking exhibit only, and now we have added marina for 2 weeks to absorb more Viking history = wish we could find some other fellow pax who had similar interests as would love to share a guide with someone in CPH and other locales. Thank you again

Btw the cheapest train ticket is the 24 hour ticket that costs 130 kroner, a 8 zone single ticket costs 96 kroner so you do the math. :D

How many is traveling with you because you can get some good savings if you buy a klippekort (multitrip discount card) instead.

If you are 2 persons you will save 36 kroner compared to the 2 24 hour cards (2*130) because you can then buy a 3 zone klippekort that costs 200 kroner, this card has 10 stamps each valued at 3 zones.

You need 8 zones to get to Roskilde so that is 16 zones, 5 stamps on the 3 zone klippekort equals 15 zones so you buy a tillægsbillet (add on ticket) that costs 12 kroner and equals 1 zone.

When you have done this both ways you have then used 224 kroners but perhaps its better to use 260 kroner and not worrying about zones and add on tickets

Edited by Danish viking

Btw the cheapest train ticket is the 24 hour ticket that costs 130 kroner, a 8 zone single ticket costs 96 kroner so you do the math. :D

How many is traveling with you because you can get some good savings if you buy a klippekort (multitrip discount card) instead.

If you are 2 persons you will save 36 kroner compared to the 2 24 hour cards (2*130) because you can then buy a 3 zone klippekort that costs 200 kroner, this card has 10 stamps each valued at 3 zones.

You need 8 zones to get to Roskilde so that is 16 zones, 5 stamps on the 3 zone klippekort equals 15 zones so you buy a tillægsbillet (add on ticket) that costs 12 kroner and equals 1 zone.

When you have done this both ways you have then used 224 kroners but perhaps its better to use 260 kroner and not worrying about zones and add on tickets

it seems like it is just us two

Then your decision is to either buy a 3 zone klippekort and a tillægsbillet each way for 224 kroner in total (200 + 12 + 12) or two 24 hour tickets for 260 in total.

The 24 hour card is as noted before more easy.

If you buy the 3 zone klippekort you stamp it 5 times in the machine and then buy a tillægs billet in the ticket machine and you do the same on the way back.

I'm not sure if you can buy the tillægsbillet at the kiosk together with your klippekort but you can try.

Hi Danish Viking,

We are arriving on the Celebrity Eclipse on June 9, 2014 @ 3pm. We would like to do a canal tour ( with Netto-badene) at Nyhavn first thing and then go to Tivoli Gardens for the evening. We will be docked at oceankaj. What is the best way to get to Nyhavn and then to Tivoli Gardens and back to ship later?

We are planning to do an organized tour the next day but may skip if we can't fit the canal tour in on the first day as we really want to do this. Thank you for all your help on this board.

Cathy

How do I convert your maps to English?