Anyone Cruised Sillhoutte Recemtly with Food Allergies?

Snowescapee

We leave on Silhoutte in under a month, and Im getting a bit nervous with the food reviews I'm reading. I have food allergies and on a gluten free diet (which Celeb says is no issue) but I am worried about issues! Or lack of food! :) I read great reviews of how Celebrity handled food allergies which is why we choose this cruise over some of the others (although NCL was amazing!!!!)

Any advice, comments, etc welcome!!!!!

I have lots of allegries, including some serious food allergies. Once they are aware, the staff will bend over backwards to make sure everything is perfect!

For example...I have a shellfish allergy (anything in a shell: oysters, lobsters, scallops...shrimp:( )...we dined in Silk Harvest and had a great time. They made everything special for us! It was fabulous. We did talk to them before we made our reservation (2 days before), so they were well prepared.

Just make sure that you tell the staff and talk to them about what you can and can't eat. This is much easier if you have the same staff every night, rather than anytime dining

Dear Daughter is allergic to tomatoes, and the very first night, she requested that the maitre de for our section meet with her to preorder for the next night. He brought a copy of the next night's menu every evening and discussed the various options with her. The chef and his staff were willing to prepare some dishes without a sauce, or with an alternate sauce, especially for her. Just alert the maitre de and you should have no problems.

Kathy

I have a very serious allergy to shellfish (anaphylaxis). Be sure to tell the waiter, the assistant waiter, the assistant maitre d' of your allergies ... especially if they are life threatening.

As another mentioned, the asst maitre d' or waiter will usually bring you the next day's menu to review at dinner each evening. This is when traditional dining pays off ... it's almost impossible to manage this with select dining. I've had them do things like make rice without shrimp for me, but usually there is something available that will work.

When eating in the buffet and through room service you will have to be extremely diligent. While the crew and staff will do what they can, it is contingent upon you to ask questions and know when to not take a food if you think it will cause an issue.

Celebrity handles food allergies well. Just tell your server, and you will be taken care of. I have been on Millie and Solstice, and both took care of me well - mine is Wheat Allergy, so same restrictions as Gluten Intolerance. I enjoyed having the Gluten Free Bread in most venues. Also, in Tuscan Grill they made Fried Calamari with rice flour especially for me.

Thanx everyone. We ended up doing select dining as we couldn't get the early seating and the late seating just seemed too late :( Hoping it won't be an issue. I'll def talk to everyone - I have allergies on top of the gluten thing. Great to know about the calamari!!!! Haven't had that in eons! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!

I have always shyed away from the buffet or stuck to things like cheese and very basic things. Have a severe citrus allergy and lemon and such lurks in almost everything it seems. I've learned not to be too trusting unless I know for sure!!!!

Archived