how bad is stateroom 5500 on the star

Freebythesea

As a "compensation " from ncl for rates going down in the 2weeks that we made our purchase (we made a request to our TA for a compensating) they "upgraded " us from an ob veiw midship deck 8 to unobstructed veiw 5500. It is full forward, a portholes and next to the theater. My question is : Does anyone know how bad is this room and what can we do about it (if anything).:(

As a "compensation " from ncl for rates going down in the 2weeks that we made our purchase (we made a request to our TA for a compensating) they "upgraded " us from an ob veiw midship deck 8 to unobstructed veiw 5500. It is full forward, a portholes and next to the theater. My question is : Does anyone know how bad is this room and what can we do about it (if anything).:(

do a advanced search and put in the ship name and number. there might be info about it. good luck.

Deck 8 is very convenient and will be a better ride .

I personally would not like a porthole cabin...about all you can do is look straight out...the bed will be in the way of the porthole, so to get any extended view, you would have to stand on the bed.

The theater will be noisy when occupied and during rehersal times

IMHO, I'm not sure if I wouldn't like a PH better than an OB. Your concern with location may be a valid concern.

As you have found out, to a cruise line, that an "upgrade" to them may not be an "upgrade" to them. I question why a TA would take a questionable "upgrade" without checking with you.

I might try to go back to where you were if you have experience with OB and have no problems with them. I'm not sure they are for me, but what's important is what is important to you.

IMHO, I'm not sure if I wouldn't like a PH better than an OB. Your concern with location may be a valid concern.

As you have found out, to a cruise line, that an "upgrade" to them may not be an "upgrade" to them. I question why a TA would take a questionable "upgrade" without checking with you.

I might try to go back to where you were if you have experience with OB and have no problems with them. I'm not sure they are for me, but what's important is what is important to you.

My TA contacted them and they switched us to mid ship ova on deck 5. So much better then the original "upgrade ". Considering that this was a gty stateroom I am happy.

Archived