SUP / Stand Up Paddle Boarding?

Stephani

I am dying to try Stand Up Paddle Boarding and wondering if anyone has tried this in Grand Caymen?

Even if you have not tried it yourself, have you been at a beach location that you saw people trying it? I found a watersport shop at The Reef hotel but it is way on the eastern shores, was hoping for something closer to the cruise port.

Thanks in advance for any insight :D

Stephanie

We were on Valor & Glory B2B last month and the ports have become a blur. At Royal Palms they have a bunch of rentals and water sports; pretty sure thats where I saw a young lady rent a PaddleBoard. She had so much fun she tossed them some more money and went back out after they waved her in.

I am dying to try Stand Up Paddle Boarding and wondering if anyone has tried this in Grand Caymen?

Even if you have not tried it yourself, have you been at a beach location that you saw people trying it? I found a watersport shop at The Reef hotel but it is way on the eastern shores, was hoping for something closer to the cruise port.

Thanks in advance for any insight :D

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

looking also for SUP in the caribbean. We´re onboard silhouette feb 10th to 24th.:)

Found in GC whitesandwatersports.com gotothesweetspot.com caymanwakeboard.com looks like their all on the East End.

Were does the ship dock? :confused:

In St. Thomas I made a reservation with vipaddleclub :D

Thanks for the websites gluexfee.... I believe we are tendering off of Georgetown so the east coast may be a bit far but I will check into it. Whitewatersports has a website and they show classes so you with other people which is what I would like :confused:

We will be close to 7 mile beach and I think they have lots of watersport rentals just set up along the stretch of beach.... hoping to see if anyone every just tried it out of the blue there?

mondello, I will be that girl :D .... I have never tried it but I just think it looks so relaxing while still enjoying the water.

appreciate the replies!

Thanks for the websites gluexfee.... I believe we are tendering off of Georgetown so the east coast may be a bit far but I will check into it. Whitewatersports has a website and they show classes so you with other people which is what I would like :confused:

We will be close to 7 mile beach and I think they have lots of watersport rentals just set up along the stretch of beach.... hoping to see if anyone every just tried it out of the blue there?

mondello, I will be that girl :D .... I have never tried it but I just think it looks so relaxing while still enjoying the water.

appreciate the replies!

Stephanie! Here we are: :thumbup:

Look at the website waterman.ky @7miles beach rental for SUP 35$/hr

Didn't find if they offer lessons...

• 2 months later...

My husband is really into SUP, he has his own board at home and when the weather is warm he's always out on the bay behind our house. We're going on a Disney cruise that also stops in Grand Cayman this July and he wants to rent a SUP somewhere. This is the only port where we really would have time b/c we've filled our other port days with exciting activities.

I found all of the other companies you guys listed but I'm a little concerned about GETTING to these places. It appears that the one which makes most sense when tendering in from a cruise ship is the waterman.ky @7miles beach.

I sware I saw on Trip Advisor somewhere (this search is all getting blurry now) that a taxi to that area from Georgetown could be $75.US!!! :eek:

Has anyone figured out the easiest & most economical way to get to these SUP rental locations?

• 6 months later...
My husband is really into SUP, he has his own board at home and when the weather is warm he's always out on the bay behind our house. We're going on a Disney cruise that also stops in Grand Cayman this July and he wants to rent a SUP somewhere. This is the only port where we really would have time b/c we've filled our other port days with exciting activities.

I found all of the other companies you guys listed but I'm a little concerned about GETTING to these places. It appears that the one which makes most sense when tendering in from a cruise ship is the waterman.ky @7miles beach.

I sware I saw on Trip Advisor somewhere (this search is all getting blurry now) that a taxi to that area from Georgetown could be $75.US!!! :eek:

Has anyone figured out the easiest & most economical way to get to these SUP rental locations?

No a taxi from the tender dock to 7 mile beach will NOT be $75. Seven mile beach starts just a few blocks up from the Tender dock. Now, depending on where you want to go along the beach, it might make a little difference. You can easily hop on a bus for a couple bucks and go to the beach.

the East Side might cost you that much, probably will, but 7 mile beach is right there. Here's a pic from 7 mile with thte ships anchored off shore.

Cayman7mile.jpg.a5dd3110afd3fd934a8935c8a31dfecb.jpg

Just looking for any updates? We are hoping to try to SUP in Grand Cayman too.

Did 7 mile beach work out?

Paddleboards can be rented along Seven Mile Beach at various locations including The Marriott (Red Sail Sports), Grand Cayman Beach Suites (Red Sail Sports), The Westin*(Red Sail Sports),*Surfside Beach and Waterman (located in Galleria Plaza).*White Sand*Watersports, located at the Reef Resort in the East End, offers SUP rentals, offer the guaranteed best rental prices on Island and they will deliver Island-wide. In the North Side district, Go to The Sweet Spot (formerly The Kitehouse) rents paddleboards and offers lessons and guided tours from Kaibo.*:)

sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 4

Archived