bringing soda/water on board when flying

Kruizin'Kath

DH & I like to bring water and/or soda on board. We would love to do this for our upcoming PC cruise. We are flying into FLL & sailing out of Miami & wonder if there is any transportation we could use that would make a stop at a store for us. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

I have searched on NCL and here to get this answer, but no such luck. So I will ask here as I am new to this site. Can we bring small bottles of juice on board? I have medicine that I take in the morning and find that taking it with V8 splash juice minimizes the side effects. I have taken the small bottles (6 for a 3 day cruise) in my luggage, but am wondering if i can carry them on board in my suitcase? I guess I am asking if the size and amout of the liquids can be "scanned" in your carry on or is it like and airport? I would also love to grab a few bottles of water and gingerale for the room, just to be on the safe side. I am thinking the 20 oz size not 2 liters. What are the "NCL" rules about bringing non alcohol drinks on board? Thanks!

I have searched on NCL and here to get this answer, but no such luck. So I will ask here as I am new to this site. Can we bring small bottles of juice on board? I have medicine that I take in the morning and find that taking it with V8 splash juice minimizes the side effects. I have taken the small bottles (6 for a 3 day cruise) in my luggage, but am wondering if i can carry them on board in my suitcase? I guess I am asking if the size and amout of the liquids can be "scanned" in your carry on or is it like and airport? I would also love to grab a few bottles of water and gingerale for the room, just to be on the safe side. I am thinking the 20 oz size not 2 liters. What are the "NCL" rules about bringing non alcohol drinks on board? Thanks!

You are welcome to bring juices, bottled water, soft drinks, anything non alcoholic aboard any NCL ship. Size doesn't make any difference and there are no limitations as to the quantity.

DH & I like to bring water and/or soda on board. We would love to do this for our upcoming PC cruise. We are flying into FLL & sailing out of Miami & wonder if there is any transportation we could use that would make a stop at a store for us. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Short of a medical necessity, I do not haul around water or soda's. A couple of weeks ago, out of NOLA, I thought about walking over and buying some and then easily talked myself out of it.

We do take refillable water bottles though as I find those much easier to haul when I leave the ship.

I actually drink quinine water for RLS. I have tried the tablets but find them irritating to my stomach. If I sip from dinner time on, I have better luck! And if my DH drinks soda, it's Coke, not Pepsi:). Maybe I will ask the van driver to make a stop...the worst he can say is no:eek:!

The last trip I was on, I purchased 4-20oz bottles of Diet Coke in the airport after going through security. I put them in my carry on and brought on the ship without issue. I replenished in port as needed. It may cost a little more, but it is easier than trying to scramble on the way to the port.

Archived