Any Sealife sightings on a Transatlantic

billyvegas

where was all the high tech navigational radar ? Thought it could detect submerged objects.reefs.rocks.. Reminds me of Concordia,COSTA

Also Hitting a sleeping whale is tragic, and very sad to hear and it was just brushed off as a "thing" was wedged under the ship? Is this the QM2?

But it was not confirmed as a whale. Rumored. But NOT confirmed. And, having seen the damage up close, I agreed then that she had to have hit something solid, like a log, etc.

I cannot remember (this was 2007) which ship actually pulled into port with a pilot whale wedged in the bow. Not QM2, though. And they had no way of knowing if it was alive when they hit it. The odds of something like that happening approach zero. But, there it was.

As far as radar, etc. my understanding is that small objects just at the surface are very difficult to see.

I am not the brightest kid on theblock and I have NO idea of what you are trying to say.

Are you suggesting ships have underwater radar?

How does what remind you of the tragic incident involving the Concordia? :confused::o

Apologies for being so fik

John

Hello John. Sorry to confuse you( I can't spell,) that was not my intent

In fact I was not thinking about you when I wrote my post

Cheers

In 2010 I was on board when the QM2 met up mid ocean with the Artemis Investment rowing boat which was travelling across the Atlantic being powered by 4 or 6 people on board, it was quite a sight to behold and I imagine that it scared the life out of the rowers. We launched a Zodiac and circled the tiny craft but were unable to give them anything as it would have counted as outside assistance and would have invalidated their successful attempt at the record.

Hello John. Sorry to confuse you( I can't spell,) that was not my intent

In fact I was not thinking about you when I wrote my post

Cheers

What is confusing me is this radar m'larky you are talking about??

The reference to Concordia has left me baffled.

My thoughts on any ship ramming a whale is the animal was either dead, dying or to ill to move, however a ship could ram Wales which is very much alive. ;)

What is confusing me is this radar m'larky you are talking about??

The reference to Concordia has left me baffled.

My thoughts on any ship ramming a whale is the animal was either dead, dying or to ill to move, however a ship could ram Wales which is very much alive. ;)

Ramming Wales would be a career limiting move.:eek::D

Ramming Wales would be a career limiting move.:eek::D

Agreed. Give Wales a miss and head somewhere softer, like Ireland (all that moss).

On the other hand... Pilot Whales capable of that kind of navigational lapse are probably not promotion-bound, either.

Archived