Celebrity Reflection November 30th, 2013 Pied Piper

bud656

You may want to check with Pied Piper and see if they can get you the same deal on your cruise package as you already booked.....you have to be part of the group to attend many of the social functions, and the group will have the theatre reserved on occasion. From what I'm told they are pretty militant about enforcing the admission to group travelers only. PP did met my deal I could have booked elsewhere, and I was able to keep my drink package too. But YMMV depending on current fares and deals.

I did a PP TATL (only about 29 in this group) cruise this spring, and they said they've had up to 900 at a time, and generally take the entire main floor of the dining room for dinner seating.

Thanks CLE! I am looking into transferring into PP. Just want to make sure everything carries over. We used the 123 promotion and our Celebrity TA also gave us a $100 OBC. See you onboard!

Hi Everybody - this is Mark and Phillip.

We just signed up for the post Thanksgiving Day cruise and are very much looking forward to it and to meeting y'all. Where from Philly. This will be our seventh cruise and second with PP. Our first cruise was with PP in Hawaii, a number of years back. It was fun, though a much smaller group.

Bergen, we had debated between FLL or MIA and decided on MIA as well. We just figured it's easier and this way we can get to the ship around 11/11:30 and board earlier than we normally do. I haven't booked our flight yet, so if we fly in earlier than later (though the late flights are much cheaper) I'll let you know and happy to meet for a drink pre-night drink/meal in MIA. We're likely staying at the airport Marriott - yeah not very glamorous.

RaynJeff this is our third Celebrity cruise and I was thinking about the beverage package this time, mainly because we get that onboard credit. My Partner (Phillip) is a bigger drinker than I (Mark) so I never thought it made sense, but I'm thinking of trying it. I'm wondering how premium the premium package is? I see what they say, and while I'm fine with a Hendricks and soda, my Partner likes a cocktail here and there.

HIIIIII! it's ME again. I pop in from time to time to see if anything exciting going on here, but this is quieter than the other roll call.

OMG OMG MARK and PHILLIP I often stay at the airport Marriott. I LOVE that place. And if you walk outside and turn left at the end of the driveway there is a little restaurant called Sabor Latino http://www.saborlatinomiami.com I almost booked the Marriott just so I could go there for either lunch, dinner or bkfst or both. It's a hole in the wall, very authentic and DANG CHEAP! (maybe you always stay there and I'm just giving you old news in which case I apologize.)

If I'm getting the bev package I'd opt for the Premium. Very limited Martini's are covered by the Classic aky package, and nothing at the Molecular bar. And there are very few wines by the glass at the $8 price point or lower. Lastly most of the craft beers in Michaels won't be covered by the Classy Alky Package. And only w/ the Premium package can you pay the overage, if the price exceeds package limits.

OTOH if you don't drink much, then get the Prem Non Alc package because it basically includes all those delicious coffees and really neat iced teas and hot teas at Cafe al Bacio. Plus cans of soda (not just fountain), premium waters, yadda yadda yadda.

OK I'm off again. Look forward to meeting all y'all on board!

Hey Mark, I echo BHTs sentiments exactly on the Premium Package. Jeff and I both enjoy the premium vodka drinks and the craft beers, so we go with that one. I love the bev packages simply because I don't have to wait to sign any little slips of paper... I'm on vacation after all, and don't have time for that... LOL. Ray

Hey Texan - Thanks for the tip. We've never stayed at that Marriott, the only time we cruise out of MIA, we actually spent the night in Jacksonville (I know, but I had a client there so we took him out to dinner and drove to MIA in the morning). It looks like we won't be arriving until late, close to 9pm at the airport, so we'll see. If we end up coming earlier, we'll likely see if Paul, aka Bergen, wants to meet up for a drink or a bite.

RaynJeff - yeah, that's probably why I get the package. I haven't in the past, because I did the math and especially for me, it's probably not worth it, however, we had different experiences on different cruises. Some times my Partner just wants to veg, so then we're not that social and I don't drink as much, but I choose this group so we'd have more social time with people. In general, we are both quite outgoing, so I feel like I'll be drinking a bit more.

Mark

Oh, and I was thinking just that, what in the world would one be getting to drink in the Classic package. I mean that must be well drinks and powder mix wine. Honestly, I'm a bit worried about what we'll get in the premium package. I sound like a snob, it's not that, but here for a cocktail you're paying $15 plus.

OK it seems I subscribed to this thread when the "other thread" was dead (but it's starting to look healthier). Almost all cocktails on the ship are included in the package. And a good selection of wines amazingly. All Molecular bar drinks are w/in the package limits.

All the martinis except the martini flights.

W/ the classic, they have I believe 3 martinis and IIRC they are smaller size (who cares since you can have unlimited drinks, but I think it's a cosmo, appletini and a regular martini and those are good but boring).

And Philadelphia I don't think you sound snobby. I know when I moved from Los Angeles to the Dallas burbs, I kept saying "OMG this drink is so CHEAP!" (not so cheap in Downtown Dallas). So when people complain about the price of drinks on a ship I guess they must be from the burbs in Dallas.

Now I'll unsubscribe from this cruise and leave y'all alone. See you either on the regular roll call or on the ship. Is tomorrow double digits! whooo hooooo.

HIIIIII! it's ME again. I pop in from time to time to see if anything exciting going on here, but this is quieter than the other roll call.

OMG OMG MARK and PHILLIP I often stay at the airport Marriott. I LOVE that place. And if you walk outside and turn left at the end of the driveway there is a little restaurant called Sabor Latino http://www.saborlatinomiami.com I almost booked the Marriott just so I could go there for either lunch, dinner or bkfst or both. It's a hole in the wall, very authentic and DANG CHEAP! (maybe you always stay there and I'm just giving you old news in which case I apologize.)

If I'm getting the bev package I'd opt for the Premium. Very limited Martini's are covered by the Classic aky package, and nothing at the Molecular bar. And there are very few wines by the glass at the $8 price point or lower. Lastly most of the craft beers in Michaels won't be covered by the Classy Alky Package. And only w/ the Premium package can you pay the overage, if the price exceeds package limits.

OTOH if you don't drink much, then get the Prem Non Alc package because it basically includes all those delicious coffees and really neat iced teas and hot teas at Cafe al Bacio. Plus cans of soda (not just fountain), premium waters, yadda yadda yadda.

OK I'm off again. Look forward to meeting all y'all on board!

So glad to hear this -- we got the premium bev package as we both like a mimosa with breakfast, a cocktail (or 5) after lunch and wine at dinner. We did the package on RCI Liberty in March and we definitely got our money's worth. But the Celebrity premium package even allows us to get more, and better, spirits/wines than the RCI package. See you guys in 99 days!

Hey Phila and Vivere...glad to see more people on here! We'll be at Bubba Gump's around 7:30 or so for meet and greet (and drinks of course....). Let me know! You can see our list so far on the "main" board.

Sharon, you have to come back on this board! Don't leave, you're the life of the party! I know you'll be back...you can't resist!

Paul

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the invite. It turns out we are flying in and probably won't get to our hotel until 10 or later and we're staying by the airport, so we won't make Bubba Gumps, but absolutely look forward to seeing you on board.

Mark

Hi Everyone!

We'll we have less then 99 days! :D

For those that are coming in early to the Ft. Lauderdale area....Pre-cruise festivities- There is a group of us getting together at Georgie's in Wilton Manor on Fri Nov 29th. That will be the starting point! As it gets closer will firm up time and all.

Also, there is a FB page too with allot of good information in the posts.

Cheers! :D

Hey Tommy, good to see you back again! Is it 99 now? Or 98 I guess? Can you guys pick me up and drive me back to Miami when the bar closes? Just kidding....who knows, maybe I'll see you there. Fun place!

OK. Paul said I couldn't resist coming back so I was "in the neighborhood" and decided to drop by and see if y'all were behaving.

You are.

What can I say but I'm disappointed!! Didn't I RAISE you better than this? :D

BTW....93.....93. No that's not my age. It's the COUNTDOWN. sheeesh. I'm hurt.

93_zps0b2c64fd.jpg

Come on Sharon! Who said we're behaving behind this Pied Piper board? You DID raise us better! Hey, I may be down in your parts in a month or so. Looking at long weekend in San Antonio. Always wanted to go there. I know it's not "near" you but the same state anyway....it's so big....everything's bigger in Texas, right?

San Antonio is several hours from me. It's a really fun town. The Riverwalk is great. Some good bars and restaurants and a terrific place to hang out. Touristy, yes but fun.

Now... San Antonio is also famous for the Alamo. All I can say is... wow... is that all there is??? Is that all there is?? And it's not even on its original site. THEY MOVED IT!? What the HAIL?!

And the countdown is:

Faces_Number_92_zps3d266dbe.jpg

RaynJeff - curious, did y'all have a guaranteed cabin? That's what we got, but no assignment yet. I know it's still far out, but figured I would ask.

Yep, we signed up for Aqua Class Category A2, which turned out to be just a class/deck guarantee. Was a little worried at first, but finally got an assigned cabin. :D Ray

Just checking - has anyone who booked through Pied Piper received their invoice with the final payment due date? We have not, and since we passed the 90-day mark and are headed toward 75 days, I am wondering if this is okay. I tend to be a pre-planner and I like to get things done ahead of time, so I do recognize that I am perhaps 'jumping the gun' by asking this question.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just checking - has anyone who booked through Pied Piper received their invoice with the final payment due date? We have not, and since we passed the 90-day mark and are headed toward 75 days, I am wondering if this is okay. I tend to be a pre-planner and I like to get things done ahead of time, so I do recognize that I am perhaps 'jumping the gun' by asking this question.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Anthony and David,

I've received my invoice for finale payment as well as our group (10). Finale payment will be billed on 9/16 to the credit card on file.

I'm a preplanner too! ha! Also, they will be announcing around the end of Sept the excursions through PP.

Hope that helps... off to the gym... less then 90 days! Tommy :D

looks like its gonna be a FUN time!! I know several are going into MIA (Paul!) but, for those of you who wanna join us in FTL, I think we are starting at Georgie's, for a bite and drinks, then going from there. Not sure of any times yet. We'll figure that out.... :D

I will certainly try to get onto this thread more now there we are less then 86 days!! For those that don't know.. there is also a FB page with a ton of info too. :D:D

Tommy

Archived