Celebrity Reflection November 30th, 2013 Pied Piper

bud656

Yea, I noticed that they are a bit quiet... Hmmm. I hope there saving energy for the cruise! lolol. I know we'll be tearing up the dance floor for sure! Who else is going down to Miami area the day before - Pre cruise party !! Counting the days!!

LOL I'm unlikely the person to whom you are talking re: a pre-cruise party, but I'm going to Miami a day early. Got a decent price on Last minute travel dot com on the Intercontinental. I love the location next to Bayside Market Place, GORGEOUS hotel and near the cruise terminal. LMT has it for $143/night. 1st 5 star hotel on the list and the 1st or 2nd photo has this large abstract sculpture in the lobby. I think the posted price on LMT is $149 but if you call you get it a bit cheaper.

OK I won't bug all y'all any more. That other roll call is just on life support.

As you were gentlemen. This is BHT over and out!

Hey guys and gals I'll be at Intercontinental night before checkin around 6pm I'm up for precruise fun! Still have to read all the posts as I'm new to the board. Tearing up the dance floor to put it mildly!!! Forget any early morning activities!!

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Hey guys and gals I'll be at Intercontinental night before checkin around 6pm I'm up for precruise fun! Still have to read all the posts as I'm new to the board. Tearing up the dance floor to put it mildly!!! Forget any early morning activities!!

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Hi! Not sure as to where we are booking our rooms yet- We are working on that.. We have some connections... or someone in our group does! lolol Welcome to the board and thread! :):D

I'm Tommy.

I reserved a room Friday night at The Conrad Miami also on last minute travel. This will be my first time on Celebrity. Can't wait for a new experience.

Nice hotel! Just looked at it. And close enough to wherever (like Bayside Marketplace) for drinks night before! 2 years ago a bunch of us met up at Bubba Gumps the night before. It's right there as you walk into the Marketplace. Anyone up for that? If we get it going, maybe even bighairtexan will come out for a drink or two! She has all week to relax on the boat!

I read all the posts now (not too many....I can't deal with the "main" board at over 200 posts yet). So cmhend, did you get transferred to PP with your reservation? 1/3 of the boat will be PP I would think (if not more).

Nice hotel! Just looked at it. And close enough to wherever (like Bayside Marketplace) for drinks night before! 2 years ago a bunch of us met up at Bubba Gumps the night before. It's right there as you walk into the Marketplace. Anyone up for that? If we get it going, maybe even bighairtexan will come out for a drink or two! She has all week to relax on the boat!

I read all the posts now (not too many....I can't deal with the "main" board at over 200 posts yet). So cmhend, did you get transferred to PP with your reservation? 1/3 of the boat will be PP I would think (if not more).

Thanks for the mentioning the Marketplace. I was looking for a place to have dinner that would not cost a fortune in r/t taxi fare. If we can give this roll call some life and get a group together I am up for meeting for drinks. I'll run the idea by my other half.

I talked to Derek at about transferring my reservation but decided it would not be beneficial to do it. If I transferred my reservation I would lose my OBC and my TA will charge a cancellation fee, which is bogus before final payment. I'm willing to take a loss on one but not both. So unfortunately I will miss the comedy show and the private parties, but for the after party you will see me in the Martini bar taking full advantage of my 123 Go promotion :).

Rob + Roy still need to book a hotel for 2 nights B4 the cruise! We are leaning toward FFL if we can get a direct flight from Philadelphia on Thanksgiving + will also need to rent a car once we disembark the ship...another week at condo near Tampa (our return flight).

Anyone have advice? (All our RSVP cruises in the past have been out of Port Everglades.). Cabin #8301. berwynbobby@gmail.com.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I reserved a room Friday night at The Conrad Miami also on last minute travel.

We are thinking of booking at the Conrad too. After an early August business trip, we should have enough Hilton points for a free night. :)

Although I skim through Cruise Critic on nearly a daily basis, I have not been posting. But, we are definitely looking forward to this cruise!

Hi Everyone,

Who's up for Bubba Gump's the night before? Drinks at the bar then a bite to eat around 8:30 (of course you could get there for drinks whenever you want...start at 3:00 pm if you want...but I'll have to catch up at around 7:30!). Or if you ate already, just drinks..whatever. No real set agenda..casual, fun place we'll just play it by ear. We can stay in the bar area, they have tables there, too. Others from the other roll call are up for it, too. I know some of you are still booking hotels but hopefully if you're not too far, you can cab it over or walk as I will from the Intercontinental.

Paul

boy it is a bit quiet! We all must be saving our energy for the bars/disco! I think as soon as we get to that 100 day mark we'll get more posts for sure. The group from Orlando will be coming down a day early for pre-cruise, but, we are just figuring out the rooms and all for our group. We'll be staying up in the Ft. Lauderdale area. :D

Rob + Roy still need to book a hotel for 2 nights B4 the cruise! We are leaning toward FFL if we can get a direct flight from Philadelphia on Thanksgiving + will also need to rent a car once we disembark the ship...another week at condo near Tampa (our return flight).

Anyone have advice? (All our RSVP cruises in the past have been out of Port Everglades.). Cabin #8301. berwynbobby@gmail.com.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Hi Rob/Roy- Our group from Orlando looks like we'll be staying in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise as well. There is about 10 of us.

We're all on the 7th deck. Wilton Manors is the area were all the bars restaurants are. We're not too far from there- not in walking dist, so, we'll have to drive to the area. Are you looking for a guest house or hotel? One of the guys in our group works for Hilton, so we got a couple employee rates.

Tommy :D

Hi Everyone! My partner and I are very much looking forward to this cruise, our first Pied Piper gathering. We love Celebrity and this will be our first trip on Reflection. The prices were right, and you can't beat a free drink package! Plus, it gets us out of Ohio, as the weather starts beating us up... We've done several RSVP and Atlantis cruises too, but like a relaxed atmosphere once in a while. :) Ray

Hi RaynJeff. Good to see you on the board. Looks like many of you are staying in Ft. Lauderdale for the nightlife there (i.e. Tommy and company, too). Sounds like fun! I'll be in Miami near the ship this time the night before.

Hi Everyone,

Just booked this cruise while on PP Iceland 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to it! Will be my 5th PP and 3rd Post Thanksgiving (previously did 2010 and 2011).

Paul from NJ

P.S. Hi Rick, good to see you're going again!

Hi Paul,

wow, 3rd post Thanksgiving! This is our first PP, and also with our group from Orlando, no one has been on them before. We are really looking forward to the trip! Tommy:D

Hi Everyone! My partner and I are very much looking forward to this cruise, our first Pied Piper gathering. We love Celebrity and this will be our first trip on Reflection. The prices were right, and you can't beat a free drink package! Plus, it gets us out of Ohio, as the weather starts beating us up... We've done several RSVP and Atlantis cruises too, but like a relaxed atmosphere once in a while. :) Ray

Hi Ray and Jeff! This will also be our first PP cruise and first Celebrity cruise too! We are really excited and can't wait! So, Ohio! Your from my old stumping grounds. I grew up in NE Ohio, then lived in Cbus b4 moving to the sunshine state. That was 25 years ago!

Your right about the bev package! How could not go! We'll probably upgrade to the premium package for the $10/per day, even that is a deal!

Our group from Orlando will be going down to Ft. Lauderdale on Fri b4 the cruise- should be allot of fun! :D:D Tommy

Hey PP alums, I reserved Aqua Class, but my reservation simply shows a deck Guarantee, but no cabin assignment yet. Does that usually come closer to sail time? Thanks!:)

hi Ray and Jeff,

We are Ken and Jeff... LOL

We have been on quite a few PP and we are Elite on Celebity which means we take way to many cruises. LOL

The guarantee is a crap shoot. You never know when it will be assigned by Celebrity. PP has no control over that to my knowledge. I don't think you will be displeased either way. There are no bad AQ rooms that I know of and there is a slight chance you will get upgraded to a higher class. That is part of the allure of a guarantee. Either way if you like Spas then you are in for a treat. The heated ceramic seats overlooking the ocean and all the different kinds of sauna will be quite enjoyable on the sea days....or whenever you are on the ship I guess.

There are stories of people not knowing their room until checkin at the pier. We did a guarantee Concierge and were assigned the next day after booking the cruise a year in a advance. You just never know ...there is no logic.

Either way it is a great ship and you will have an awesome time.

See you all at the Molecular Bar...

Ken

Thanks for the info Ken. I've always selected a room upon reserving, so this is new. I love Celebrity Aqua Class, especially the teas in room every day! Looking forward to the new ship, we've only been on Millenium and Summit. Definitely see you at the Molecular bar! :)

Hi Paul,

wow, 3rd post Thanksgiving! This is our first PP, and also with our group from Orlando, no one has been on them before. We are really looking forward to the trip! Tommy:D

Oh, it's my 4th. '09, '10, and '11. Right...I missed '12. And 2 other PP cruises. You'll love it, Tommy and everyone who's a first timer. And the ship is going to be awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

Just signed up for the forums today after wandering the CC site for a couple of weeks in anticipation of our cruise (my bf and I) on Reflection, departing MIA 11/30/13. From the posts, I gather PP is a gay travel agency and that this will be a partly chartered sailing? 1000 gays? If that's true, it'd be quite a coincidence that we just happened to book it.

Are the gay events/socials/meet-ups limited to only those who've booked through PP Travel?

In any case, looking forward to seeing everyone on board. :)

Just signed up for the forums today after wandering the CC site for a couple of weeks in anticipation of our cruise (my bf and I) on Reflection, departing MIA 11/30/13. From the posts, I gather PP is a gay travel agency and that this will be a partly chartered sailing? 1000 gays? If that's true, it'd be quite a coincidence that we just happened to book it.

Are the gay events/socials/meet-ups limited to only those who've booked through PP Travel?

In any case, looking forward to seeing everyone on board. :)

You may want to check with Pied Piper and see if they can get you the same deal on your cruise package as you already booked.....you have to be part of the group to attend many of the social functions, and the group will have the theatre reserved on occasion. From what I'm told they are pretty militant about enforcing the admission to group travelers only. PP did met my deal I could have booked elsewhere, and I was able to keep my drink package too. But YMMV depending on current fares and deals.

I did a PP TATL (only about 29 in this group) cruise this spring, and they said they've had up to 900 at a time, and generally take the entire main floor of the dining room for dinner seating.

Archived