Celebrity Reflection November 30th, 2013 Pied Piper

bud656

Got my final notice and had to go online to approve it, too (on their reservation forrm....9/16 sounds right). I'm sure you'll all have a ball in Fort Lauderdale! The bars around the port area close too early! Maybe the Intercontinental will still have the bar open after 11pm for a night cap or two!

Hi Everyone!

We'll we have less then 99 days! :D

For those that are coming in early to the Ft. Lauderdale area....Pre-cruise festivities- There is a group of us getting together at Georgie's in Wilton Manor on Fri Nov 29th. That will be the starting point! As it gets closer will firm up time and all.

Also, there is a FB page too with allot of good information in the posts.

Cheers! :D

ROB+ROY here from Philadelphia area. We have tickets to fly down Thanksgiving afternoon. May be staying at Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place, both on 17th Street Causeway (4X we did Holland America-rsvp cruises from here). DO YOU KNOW WHAT CHOICES THERE ARE TO MAKE IT TO PORT OF MIAMI SATURDAY? --we have friends that live in Wilton Manors area too. WHAT IS THAT FACEBOOK PAGE CALLED?:cool::eek: --berwynbobby@gmail.com

Hey Rob and Roy,

See you're from outside of Philly, assuming Berwyn. I grew up in Great Valley, though closer to Phoenixville. When are you flying. We're taking the evenings direct flight from PHL to MIA on USAir.

Mark

Actually many years ago I (Rob) lived in Chestnut Hill as a graduate student, but grew up in Berwyn, Illinois outside Chicago. Roy on the other hand is 8th generation Bucks County--an infamous family! We chose Fort Lauderdale for the comfort of the airport and proximity to the hotels we used for 4 RSVP-Holland American cruises. Southwest takes us down Thanksgiving afternoon; several days after we disembark we return from our place on the Gulf of Mexico to Trenton (of all places), on Frontier. feel free: you have my email :cool:...roy is zoomn@aol.com

RaynJeff - curious, did y'all have a guaranteed cabin? That's what we got, but no assignment yet. I know it's still far out, but figured I would ask.

Rob+Roy (berwynbobby+zoomn) got with Pied in February. #8301 is ours and 4 gay friends in our group all got there cabins--11th and 8th decks.

Hi Rob/Roy- Our group from Orlando looks like we'll be staying in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise as well. There is about 10 of us.

We're all on the 7th deck. Wilton Manors is the area were all the bars restaurants are. We're not too far from there- not in walking dist, so, we'll have to drive to the area. Are you looking for a guest house or hotel? One of the guys in our group works for Hilton, so we got a couple employee rates.

Tommy :D

THE EMBASSY SUITES ON 17th Causeway belongs to Hilton. On one of our previous trips an employee got a suite for less than $50. (We could join your pile of guys--) They had jitneys our last 4 cruises, I think they can pick up at the airport. Also the location is great for the Water Taxi and Trolley around town, a liquor store (what can we pack--and keep--on a Celebrity, since on the 4 RSVPs we had the whole ship & kept our stash). Our ALTERNATE is Hyatt Place, directly next to InDulge, a naked resort...

There are so many possibilities for rooms and "activities". Several friends also stayed at some nice bed and breakfasts down there. --Rob+Roy

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd check in as this is very quite. So I'm working on losing some weight for this cruise as I'm feeling rather whalish. I've lost about 5 lbs, but would like to lose another 20, though I guess I'd be happy with 10. So if anyone else is working on this, know you've got a partner in crime.

Figured I'd check in as this is very quite. So I'm working on losing some weight for this cruise as I'm feeling rather whalish. I've lost about 5 lbs, but would like to lose another 20, though I guess I'd be happy with 10. So if anyone else is working on this, know you've got a partner in crime.

Hi there! great job on loosing 5- that is my goal right now... seems I'll loose a few, then go up a few.. partner in crime! ha! Tommy :D oh...70 days till the cruise!! crunch time!!

Pretty sure most of us are dieting and/or working out before the cruise. Otherwise, how would we ever fit into those speedos or LBD's?

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty sure most of us are dieting and/or working out before the cruise. Otherwise, how would we ever fit into those speedos or LBD's?

I was also thinking of liposuction as an alternative, but it seemed too costly. Then I had an idea! Does anyone know how to work this Hoover? Or would a Dyson work better?:confused: :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow Pied Piper travelers, My name is Victor but i go by my nickname "Tito". Yes, like Tito Jackson of the Jackson 5 LOL. My Partner and I, Dennis will be traveling with PP for the first time. We Live in Fort Lauderdale, FL and would love to meet up with the group the day before if possible. We booked our cruise at the end of September, and have not yet received luggage tags or a list of the activities and theme parties if any. Does anyone know when they normally send out that information, or is there a link on their website where we can find out? Someone from our church told us that we should definitely book the Beach Party, do we do that through PP or Celebrity? I'm really excited to hopefully meet you all soon! ImageUploadedByForums1382459752.829657.jpg.66309e2e9060a997db3a84a194f842d3.jpg

Hi Tito

Looking forward to meeting you and your partner on the cruise.

You have to www.CelebrityCruises.com and click on “Already Booked” and then “Online Check-In” and request your luggage tags - here is were you will finish your information for your docs as well. Request them soon as there is a cut off date.

Also for the beach bash I had to call Celebrity to book the private Pied Piper tour and besure to mention SMJ1

Ø St. Maarten: St. Maarten Beach Rendezvous Tour #SMJ1 (Beach Bash!)

All the best

Brian

Archived