drink packages? suite life and drinks?

DMLyons

On NCL's site, the soda packages (up to 12 and teen/adult) are for soda only, but someone posted pages of the POD (plan of the day) from the Dawn that shows an additional package that is soda and juice. I thought milk and juice were available at meals...along with tea, coffee, and water. Has that changed? If juice is not available at meals, it may be worth it to get the soda and juice package, so I'm interested in the scoop on that.

Also... I was told that when you have a DOS, you get the three bottles of alcohol and they will put mixers for your alcohols in your fridge. I was told this would include milk for coffee and mixed drinks, juices, and sodas. Is this correct? If so, do we ask for the mixers at the same time we request which alcohols we would like? Just trying to get our ducks in a row.

DOS is a deluxe owners suite. The dos and OS get three bottles of booze plus one champagne. Heard this is not on PoA.

You will have a list when you get in your room to choose. You can ask for mixers then or any day. Some have said they ordered thru pre-concierge.

I hope NCL gets with the program, noting all the studies which stream in blaming sugar and sodas for a host of ills, and makes healthier choices part of the soda drinks package.

In any case, the OP's question is unanswered, and this concern would be lessened if better choices came with meals.....

I hope NCL gets with the program, noting all the studies which stream in blaming sugar and sodas for a host of ills, and makes healthier choices part of the soda drinks package.

In any case, the OP's question is unanswered, and this concern would be lessened if better choices came with meals.....

What would you suggest as a more healthy drink that is dispensable and costs about the same as soda (with the NCL discount for being a Pepsi product exclusive)? The "juice" that they have is a "juice cocktail", loaded with sugar.

In our experience (in a DOS), we just let the butler know which mixers we wanted and he kept us stocked. As for the three bottles, we opted for two wine and one hard liquor. Those were delivered the first full day of the cruise.

I do believe that juice and milk are available at meals in addition to coffee, tea, and water.

We were in garden villa on Dawn from 1/6/13-1/13/13. We got 6 bottles of liquor with our room. We picked 2 vodkas, 2 tequilas, a bottle of vermouth, and a bottle of kahlua. We asked for a blender and ice and our butler Mark brought us a cooler and kept it full of ice. We asked for margarita mix, strawberry mix (for daquiries and margaritas), orange juice, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice (all were replenished as used). We were supplied with creamers for the coffee, bottled water and diet pepsi (all replaced as used). I don't know if DOS gets the same, but it was very nice.

ry%3D480

lavazza maker (coffee and tea pods replenished daily)

ry%3D400

The only thing I pre-ordered was a bucket of Bud Light for my husband. Everything else was taken care of onboard.

If one was concerned with the "host of ills" from sugar and soda's, why would that person even consider the soda package instead of just drinking water? Maybe I am wrong in my thinking here on this one, but I just don't understand....

Juice is normally only served at breakfast - the rest of the day there's a charge. As for milk its served throughout the day.

In the DOS just let the butler know what you want in the way of mixers, juice, milk, soda it will be delivered and replenished when it runs low.

The last cruise I took with NCL was in December 2006. They did not allow you to bring or buy alcohol for your stateroom. Do they have an alcohol package you can purchase before hand now?

Thanks

On NCL's site, the soda packages (up to 12 and teen/adult) are for soda only, but someone posted pages of the POD (plan of the day) from the Dawn that shows an additional package that is soda and juice. I thought milk and juice were available at meals...along with tea, coffee, and water. Has that changed? If juice is not available at meals, it may be worth it to get the soda and juice package, so I'm interested in the scoop on that.

Also... I was told that when you have a DOS, you get the three bottles of alcohol and they will put mixers for your alcohols in your fridge. I was told this would include milk for coffee and mixed drinks, juices, and sodas. Is this correct? If so, do we ask for the mixers at the same time we request which alcohols we would like? Just trying to get our ducks in a row.

I just got off the Jade on the 23rd, I had the DOS and with the three bottles of spirits you request you can request any kind of mixers, juice iced tea soda in unlimited amounts.

What would you suggest as a more healthy drink that is dispensable and costs about the same as soda (with the NCL discount for being a Pepsi product exclusive)? The "juice" that they have is a "juice cocktail", loaded with sugar.

Oh, you are KIDDING, right? I was looking forward to orange juice or pineapple juice as the occasional refresher. I don't do a lot of sugar (and no caffeine and no soda but a few diet clear sodas). Both of those juices are high in potassium (at least OJ is), Vit C, and other great vitamins and minerals and heavy in pulp; clear juices are usually less good and more sugar. I don't usually drink much else in juice anyway.

BDL

We were in garden villa on Dawn from 1/6/13-1/13/13. We got 6 bottles of liquor with our room. We picked 2 vodkas, 2 tequilas, a bottle of vermouth, and a bottle of kahlua. We asked for a blender and ice...

I wasn't aware a blender was an option plan. I'll have to ask the concierge about that. Thanks! My husband will get a lot of use out of the coffee maker, but I won't.

BDL

If one was concerned with the "host of ills" from sugar and soda's, why would that person even consider the soda package instead of just drinking water? Maybe I am wrong in my thinking here on this one, but I just don't understand....

I can't speak for the person you're answering, but I took that to mean that the poster found the choices of HEALTHY drinks aboard to be lacking, in general. It's cheap and easy to offer soda, but not everyone drinks it. You really should have the option plan of real juice, milk, and other choices at meals, even if you limit the customer to two per meal or something. It's nice that we can bring aboard non-alcoholic drinks (and wine), but you can't bring aboard copious amounts of juice with you unless it's the IR version that can be stored warm. The type of juice I like to drink can't be (at least not anything that tastes natural), so that limits me to a half gallon or so.

Personally, I find the choices of sodas most places to be lacking. Why is it that most restaurants and ships and such assume the only diet choice in soda one might want would be cola-based? I don't drink cola...ever. I don't react well to it, so when I do drink soda, I drink a clear/non-cola diet soda, like Fresca or Sprite Zero...even Diet Sierra Mist, if that's all that's available. Like most venues, the only diet option NCL has aboard is Diet Pepsi, to my knowledge. That means I have to carry aboard some soda for myself if I plan to drink any soda at all. I could easily drink enough OJ or pineapple juice in a day to make the soda and juice package worth it for the juice...but only if I can't get juice at meals as a matter of course.

BDL

Juice is normally only served at breakfast - the rest of the day there's a charge. As for milk its served throughout the day.

In the DOS just let the butler know what you want in the way of mixers, juice, milk, soda it will be delivered and replenished when it runs low.

Excellent! Thanks for the comprehensive answer. That helps me plan.

BDL

The last cruise I took with NCL was in December 2006. They did not allow you to bring or buy alcohol for your stateroom. Do they have an alcohol package you can purchase before hand now?

Thanks

Some ships do have an alcohol package. They're trying it out, but I've heard that (during this trial period) each bar manager is making up his own rules for it to see what works. But that's not for your room. Every discussion I've heard so far says you cannot use the alcohol package for room service, even if you do purchase it, though it works in bars and restaurants.

The alcohol I'm talking about is part of the perks of suite life. I am booked in a DOS, so I get 3 bottles plus champagne and mixers as part of my room package. If you don't mind hanging out in your room and doing some drinking there, it's a nice touch. Since this is our anniversary, we do plan on a lot of time as a couple in room. Grin...

BDL

The butler will make it a point to come and meet you as soon as possible after boarding. He/She will go over everything, and find out what mixers and soda you will want stocked. If anything comes up or you need something different just let the butler know.

Darren

Archived