Ship Comparisons

rjhollan

Anyone have a good document or website that compares the different ships in the Carnival fleet? I'm looking for size, # of passengers, ports of call, year built (age), etc.

We've sailed on the Valor in 2010 and the Conquest last week. The Conquest just felt a lot more "run down" than the Valor, I think due to it's age. We're looking for a newer, bigger ship to try next time. We docked next to the Allure and the kids want to book it, but I'd prefer to stay with the same line (trying to reach Platinum)...

cruisedeckplans (add www. to the front and (dot) com to the end) also gives you a good overview of most major cruise line ships, their cabins and deck layouts.

Cruise itineraries are a bit different. You typicallly need to search the cruise lines' website to see wher ethey are going. And all are subject to change. The "crusiecheap" website allows you to see each ship's itinerary, cabins, and deckplans and to shift between lines, but it's not a side by side comparison.

I've actually created a little comparison document that shows all the ships in Carnival's fleet... what class they are in... and how they compare. I created it for my own use, so it's kind of informal in language and tone. Just little notes to help me remember unique differences between the various ships in the fleet.

I have attached a .pdf of the document. You might find it interesting.

Carnival Fleet Comparison - by Jim Zim.pdf

There is a website that can do this for you, sort of. I don't believe I can list it here because it's more of a travel agency website where you can book cruises through it--never done that though and I would be hesitant to do so. It's a one word website address that describes what you are on...sort of vague, I know, but still only probably a handful of word choices.

And, you can only compare up to 5 ships at once, not a whole fleet, and probably by region....for instance, you could compare up to 5 Carnival ships (well, up to five itineraries, not necessarily ships) that are currently sailing in the Caribbean. This website would compare everything from number of elevators, pools, and hot tubs, to passenger capacity, length, etc.

I've started using it more as a one-stop webpage to see what cruises may be available out there on Carnival as well as other cruise lines instead of having to go to all the various cruise line websites.

(trying to reach Platinum)...

why??? :D

I tried a large ship-- its just not for me. I needed a vacation after my vacation. I can not even think of the oasis.. Plus the price difference (yeowch)

Have you looked into the Dream/ Magic

I've actually created a little comparison document that shows all the ships in Carnival's fleet... what class they are in... and how they compare. I created it for my own use, so it's kind of informal in language and tone. Just little notes to help me remember unique differences between the various ships in the fleet.

I have attached a .pdf of the document. You might find it interesting.

Spaniel. Great document that you put together with some great information. Thanks. I saved it in my "Cruise Folder' If that's alright with you. It will be a useful tool in the future. :):D:)

Love this! Thanks so much for sharing. Already printed, and saved it :)

why??? :D

I tried a large ship-- its just not for me. I needed a vacation after my vacation. I can not even think of the oasis.. Plus the price difference (yeowch)

Have you looked into the Dream/ Magic

Mainly for the stress reduction. Earlier embarkation & disembarkation without standing in such long lines, shorter dedicated line at customer service on the ship, free laundry service (i don't have to pack so much!).

I can take 10 cruises on random lines and get no perks, or take 10 carnival cruises and start getting perks. We're happy enough with Carnival, and I can cruise more often to more places with them, because they're cheaper (so we can go every year for the same cost as Disney every 2-3 years).

Archived