Cabbage beach

Sandpiper10

Has anyone recently been on Cabbage beach? Thinking about just getting a taxi and heading there for the day. Is there a drop off and pick up locations to get a taxi at the beach? Any thoughts, recommendations or tips?

Thanks in advance!

There's a drop off point next to the RIU.. all the cabbies know it. They will be lined up to take you back when you are finished.

They rent chairs, have plenty of pesky vendors, and no restrooms.

Jetskis are dangerous, and the Jetski vendors are notorious for cheating and scamming.

Be aware of your things. don't bring anything valuable.

It's a public beach with no security or lifeguards.

What is RIU? I have read your other comments about cabbage beach and made mental notes...no jet ski rentals, no valuables and watch the tides.....thanks. I found the thread after I posted this.

Thinking it may be a nice place to walk the beach, get our feet wet, look for shells and relax. Do you agree? The water may be to chilly to want to actually get in and swim anyhow. I hear its a very beautiful beach. If its a popular beach, then there will probably be a lot of people on it right, which means less chance of robbery or harassment from cons correct?

We walked to Cabbage beach last year from the Atlantis, after gambling a bit and having a look around the hotel. Its pretty, free, and yes they rent chairs. We were hit up pretty hard a couple of times by a guy trying to sell us some kind of drugs. He seemed high and a little out of his mind. We had fun, but I didn't feel very safe there. After awhile my husband said it was hard for him to relax, so we left. This is the type of thing that could happen anywhere in the world, so I wouldn't let it deter you. Just a heads up to be cautious...

If cabbage beach is the same stretch as cable beach in front of Atlantis, then how comes cabbage beach is so dangerous with the waves and under toe than cable beach?

Atlantis beach has some of the same issues as Cabbage Beach, but they have life guards, and close the beach when there is a rip tide or other dangerous conditions.

Cabbage Beach has no lifeguards.. They DO put up warning flags when it's very bad.

Atlantis also "fixed" their beach, by back filling it after we had a terrible erosion problem. The public beach was left to nature, so it has a deep drop off at the tide line.

Cable Beach is about 7 miles west, on the main island. It's somewhat protected by a reef about 2 miles off shore, making it a bit calmer. But we still have sections that have rip tides and currents, and since only the hotel beaches have life guards, it's not always prudent to swim in unknown waters.

Archived