Deluxe Honeymoon vs Deluxe Romance Packages...What gives?

ndstagetech

Hello everyone,

My fiancée and I are very excited to be sailing Breakaway for our honeymoon this summer, and I wanted to spring for either the Deluxe Honeymoon or Deluxe Romance Package. However, even though both are the exact same price ($269), the Romance Package includes a tea service that the Honeymoon Package apparently lacks. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

While I think it would be more appropriate to book the Honeymoon package, it seems as if the romance package is the better value.

Thanks!

There is a difference between the Romanance and Honeymoon packages both in price and contents but it does appear that there is an extra item in the Deluxe Romance package that is not in the Deluxe Honeymoon pkg.

Either that or they have listed Le Bistro instead of La Cucina.

BTW Congrats on your upcomming marriage.

I wanted to spring for either the Deluxe Honeymoon or Deluxe Romance Package. However, even though both are the exact same price ($269), the Romance Package includes a tea service that the Honeymoon Package apparently lacks. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

We're doing our anniversary aboard, and I looked at the same two packages. I came to the same conclusion you did and plan to order the Deluxe Romance, because we'd like the tea service and plan to go to both of those restaurants, so it doesn't matter to us which is free or not. It's only a $5 difference in the cost for one vs. the other.

If anyone finds there is more difference than those two, please let me know, but it seems a straightforward list to me.

DML

My hubby and I are going on the 2/16/13 sailing to celebrate our ten year anniversary. We looked at both packages and at first decided on the Romance Package. However, we wanted to try Le Bistro so we have changed our package. Our PCC also told us that the tea service is NOT what people think it is. It is simply hot tea delivered to your cabin, no little scones or tiny sandwiches or any of that. The prices that we see though are Romance for 139 and Honeymoon for 149. Hope this helps!

Angel

Our PCC also told us that the tea service is NOT what people think it is. It is simply hot tea delivered to your cabin, no little scones or tiny sandwiches or any of that. The prices that we see though are Romance for 139 and Honeymoon for 149. Hope this helps! Angel

It helps me, for certain. Knowing there is no food element to the tea, I've decided to couple it with the canapes, so my husband gets his tea service, but we still have nibbles of food to go along with it.

DML

Does anyone know when/where you make the arrangements for the days that your breakfast/canapés/dinner are?

Thanks!

On the form to order bon voyage gifts (which these are listed under), you tell them what dates you want to do things, and then you set the times with your concierge, if you have one. If you don't have a suite, I'm not entirely certain how you arrange it, unless you put the times on the form. I guess that's possible.

For instance, I've got mine set up on the form that they will be delivering parts of the package on embarkation day, on the actual anniversary, and on the morning after the anniversary (for the breakfast in bed). I have an itinerary prepared to have the concierge/butler arrange the TIMING of the various things to make sure that we do (for instance) massages followed (an hour and a half later) by the tea and canapes. Setting the itinerary helps them do things on a schedule, if you are trying to pack a lot into a single day, as I will be on two days of the week-long-cruise. Those are the only two "scheduled" days for me, though.

DML

Isn't tea available with roomservice without a fee? What's the difference?

I doesn't really matter, I suppose (IF they are just delivering the tea and it's not a butler service of the tea), but you're paying the same price with or without it. Why not order the one with it? I'm not entirely sure why they even have two so similar packages. It never made sense to me.

DML

• 1 year later...

With hopes that your still subscribed to this thread and will see this message, I'm now asking the same question. Which package should I get? Is there really a big difference? Hoping someone that has now asked these questions on the ship can give me the right answer. Thanks