Traveling with children. Car Seat Questions..

minner80

We will be traveling to POM. I am thinking about staying at an airport hotel that will pick us up at the airport and then possible Larry's Limo's. Will we need car seats? I know if we book transfers with the cruise company we would not. There will be 4 adults and 2 children ages 2 & 4. Thank you

If you will be riding in any vehicle with seat belts - like a taxi, limo or shuttle van -- FLA law requires a car seat for those under 4.

The airline will check your car seats for free and you may need them during your port visits - I would bring them to be safe! :cool:

Good luck! :)

This topic has been discussed many times and generates a lot of debate, just a FYI ;)

I am a Canadian car seat technician, so I use appropriate restraints for my children wherever we go. In Florida, we bring our seats on the aircraft either to be used in the seat (car seat) or as carry on (booster) as there are many reports of people having their seats damaged when checked, even at the gate.

When you bring your own seats, you know the history, how to install them properly and that the seat is appropriate for your child.

If you need suggestions or ideas of how to travel with the seats, come on over to the family forum, there are many of us there who have been there, done that and are more than willing to help.

• 2 months later...

We're scheduled to go on a cruise to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk in January, 2014. My husband and I will have our 3 & 2 year old children with us. If we want to travel to beaches or participate in activities not within walking distance, how do you get there? Is there safe transportation for young children available?

We're scheduled to go on a cruise to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk in January, 2014. My husband and I will have our 3 & 2 year old children with us. If we want to travel to beaches or participate in activities not within walking distance, how do you get there? Is there safe transportation for young children available?

I would bring car/booster seats along, and tip the cab drivers a few extra bucks for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seats. You might check the Family Cruise board for advice from other travelling parents: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Good luck! :)

Archived