ATV and possibly snorkeling recommendations

akcruz

Did a search and don't see anything recent. Looking for recommendations of private excursions to do the Jungle ATV and potentially snorkeling.

For those who have done this in Cozumel who did you use? Was it worth it to do the snorkeling add on? Some older review suggest the snorkeling wasn't provided as promised.

Any recommendations and past experience is appreciated.

We did the ATV tour last Thursday in Cozumel, but it was booked thru Princess and not a private tour. They use Aviomar so you can look at their website and see if they offer a private tour. The off-road portion was way more extreme that I expected. Really rough and rugged, but a lot of fun! The ATVs all worked great and we got to ride about 1.5 hours thru the jungle. They stop in the middle to show you some 'ruins' and explain Mayan culture. Afterwards we went to Playa Mia beach club, which was ok. They had lunch and all the beach amenities. You can snorkel here if you choose.

We paid around $100 each, which seemed pretty good to me considering we booked thru the ship and Playa Mia was at least half that just for their beach excursion. We had a bunch of onboard credit to use up, so we were motivated to book thru the ship and not privately. I would recommend this tour over the ones that simply ride on the gravel road and don't really go off-road.

Archived