"Cruise Pass?" on Spa Menu???

DMLyons

On the printout for spa prices, there is something called the "Cruise Pass." It is listed as $146 for the 7-day cruise, and it says it includes aromatherapy scrubs. What precisely IS this? Is this something like the thermal suite pass? I have been told the thermal suite pass costs $125 or so per person for a 7 day cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated, since there is no description of this. It's just a line-item in the top left of the sheet.

DML

SpaMenu-1.jpg

I'm curious as to what the cruise pass is too...

If it's what I think it is, I plan to get it. I've always been told to ask for the thermal suite pass, though. It's an area of the spa (I've been told adults only) that has steam rooms, hot tub, lounging areas, and a shallow lap pool. Since we're going on an anniversary trip, sans children, this is a good relaxation and pampering thing for my husband and myself. They only sell a very limited number (something like 100 or so) every trip out.

But I want to be sure that this "cruise pass" is the thermal suite pass. It seems likely, based on the price of it...and the fact that I don't see anything else on the menu that could be it.

DML

What exactly is the aromatherapy scrub?

Depends on which type you get. They are spa products, often with a sea salt base and other essential oils or herbs, meant to exfoliate skin patches, detoxify, or otherwise improve skin health. But what the benefits of any given one is depends on what is in it. You can get a relaxing lavender or an energizing citrus or whatever appeals. But I've never seen that associated with the thermal suite before.

DML

Depends on which type you get. They are spa products, often with a sea salt base and other essential oils or herbs, meant to exfoliate skin patches, detoxify, or otherwise improve skin health. But what the benefits of any given one is depends on what is in it. You can get a relaxing lavender or an energizing citrus or whatever appeals. But I've never seen that associated with the thermal suite before.

DML

Is it a product you take back to your cabin or is it to be used in the spa?

Is it a product you take back to your cabin or is it to be used in the spa?

Either, depending on the situation. The scrub can often be purchased from the spa to be used at home or in the cabin, but they also use scrubs in their services. It seems like the Elemis treatments use different types of aromatherapies...and some of those are surely scrubs.

If this IS the thermal suite package with aromatherapy scrub, I'm leaning toward the former...a choice of one to use? It doesn't make sense for it to include a full treatment at that price. I can't imagine what else it would be, as I said.

DML

We paid $146/person for a week's acces to the thermal suites in Alaska last May. As I recall, the Jewel had small jars of different scented scrubs which you either used in the showert at the spa or took back to your stateroom. In December, the Pearl was not giving out these small jars with a thermal suite pass so it may be specific to the Jewel. We paid $119/week on the Pearl. IMO, the spas on the jewel class ships are "worth it", given there location on the ship (forward) and the great array of hot tubs, cold plunges, etc.

Can this pass be purchased in advance or only on the ship? I would love to order it in advance if they are limited in how many they will sell. Otherwie I guess we need to get arrive early so we can be among the first to board and purchase it right away. This sounds stressful!

Can this pass be purchased in advance or only on the ship? I would love to order it in advance if they are limited in how many they will sell. Otherwie I guess we need to get arrive early so we can be among the first to board and purchase it right away. This sounds stressful!

I would love to purchase it early as well, but I've been told we have to once we arrive. Precisely why I'm showing up early.

DML

Sometimes they sell it in the terminal right before you board. But I didn't see one in the NYC terminal before boarding the Gem. So I got one once I was on board. I think if you go the day of boarding to the spa and ask for one you will be fine.

Archived