Cost of drinks/Cheers program

msweezie99

Hi, everyone, cruising with 7 girls in May on the Victory. Contemplating the Cheers program. The only question I have...how much are beers, frozen alcoholic drinks, and cosmos or martinis. The program only covers drinks under $10, so this is a major concern. Thanks for anyone's input that might have traveled lately.

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for the information....even if you were to drink beer alone, the cheers program sounds like it's quite the deal!

Keep in mind all adults in a cabin have to buy the package if anyone wants it. If you have any that don't think are going to drink much, you might plan ahead and put them in a room together and let the drinkers book in the same cabins.

Im not understanding this problem is it offered for the Fascination and what is the total cost daily for this? I see prices of the drinks in the link but I also know that the glasses gotten very small and now they charge you extra if you want a larger glass...can somebody make me understand this program please?

Originally heralded as an unlimited alcoholic drink program they are tweaking it - as of right now it is $50/day/person for up to 15 drinks.

We did it over our 8day New Yrs cruise on the Freedom. We didnt nearly drink 15 drinks a day, however, he likes LIT and I like the funship specials and it made life easier for sure! We figured it as we usually get the soda cards, so between soda cards and drinks it was worth it...and we didnt drink the to the 15 limit.

Just got off the Breeze today. 42 something per day plus %15 grat (paid up front). It is now a hard 15 alcoholic drink limit and the sodas are unlimited (John Heald announced this two weeks ago on his FB page). You get and sign a receipt for everything including the soft drinks, so everything goes in the computer. Your recipt will show a plus and a minus for the cost of each drink and will show 0.00 and a line for an extra tip. If you are in the U.S., you will be charged sales tax on each individual drink as you order it. As soon as we hit international waters after leaving Miami there was no more tax. You get a sticker on your card which will probably fade. They run your card regardless and the computer takes care of it. We were able to get sodas and drinks in MDR. You also get a 25% discount on the drinks over $10 and bottles of wine. It does not cover welcome aboard drinks/gangway drinks, drinks in souvineer cups/promotional. It did cover the drink of the week from the mixology contest.

You get a card which explains it all

I'm thinking about trying out the Cheers program when we're on the Dream in March, but I was wondering if I would be able to get away with purchasing it for me and using it for my husband as well. I'm the only adult in my cabin (me and my two kids) and he has our other two kids in the other. Could we get away with it if we be discreet?

My sister and I used it on the Breeze and loved it. We calculated it cost us on average about $3.60 per drink.

I know it's supposed to be a hard limit, but the bartenders must have some way of counting some and not counting others. Because on several days I know that by early evening I would have had 8+ drinks and I would ask about my total and they would say 5?????

Something else they don't tell you up front is that even though the program doesn't cover ordering doubles....it actually does on the morning Bloody Mary drink special...because the total cost of the drink doesn't exceed $10..

As far as buying drinks for other people. You can't order two drinks at a time and you can't order another drink at any bar within 5 minutes of the last one. So it can be done, but it's a bit of a hassle to do.

It was pretty easy for us to have 10-12 drinks a day most days. Especially sea days or days when we were only off the ship for a short time. A couple of Bloody Mary's in the morning, some beer at lunch, margarita's in the afternoon, wine with dinner and in the evening and a martini or two at the wine or piano bar........nice buzz, never drunk at least for us..........

In theory it sounded good but I know my dad won't hit that many drinks in a day, and I wouldn't hit 15 drinks for the whole trip. Even adding in soda I average about 2 a week and my dad maybe 4-5 a week so that wouldn't help either. I may still think about a soda card for club soda or juice, but even that may not even out.

I think I'll just shell out $120 or so for two bottles from BV and buy a 12 pack of soda (dad drinks bourbon/whiskey on the rocks or with ice and water and I can mix with soda or lemonade). Or I'll just buy my dad some drink coupons (he likes a nightcap) and buy the few beers or vodkas I'll drink over a week OOP, which should still top out around $120.

We wouldn't drink $700 dollars worth of booze in a month much less a week.

Now if my best friend and I were going.....LOL

Just got off the Breeze today. 42 something per day plus %15 grat (paid up front). It is now a hard 15 alcoholic drink limit and the sodas are unlimited (John Heald announced this two weeks ago on his FB page). You get and sign a receipt for everything including the soft drinks, so everything goes in the computer. Your recipt will show a plus and a minus for the cost of each drink and will show 0.00 and a line for an extra tip. If you are in the U.S., you will be charged sales tax on each individual drink as you order it. As soon as we hit international waters after leaving Miami there was no more tax. You get a sticker on your card which will probably fade. They run your card regardless and the computer takes care of it. We were able to get sodas and drinks in MDR. You also get a 25% discount on the drinks over $10 and bottles of wine. It does not cover welcome aboard drinks/gangway drinks, drinks in souvineer cups/promotional. It did cover the drink of the week from the mixology contest.

You get a card which explains it all

Am planning on getting this package for our upcoming cruise. We have always gone unlimited on our past cruises and this time will be no different. We would always enjoy a bottle of wine at dinner however with the cheers program this is not a possibility. So my question is how large are the glasses of wine. Normally you would say 4 glasses to one bottle, is it the same on Carnival?

The wine is about 4 oz. I think you get 4 glasses per bottle. But, if you drink wine, the package is really worth it. The wine ranges from $7-$10.00/glass.

Did anyone order a bottle of wine with the program, and does it count towards your 15 drink limit? Or is it not included because you pay for it?

Does anyone know if you can pay for this before you board the ship?

No, unfortunately you can't. It's set up like the unlimited soda. You can either purchase it at the little stand when you enter the lido deck on the boarding day or at any of the bars!

The wine is about 4 oz. I think you get 4 glasses per bottle. But, if you drink wine, the package is really worth it. The wine ranges from $7-$10.00/glass.

Did anyone order a bottle of wine with the program, and does it count towards your 15 drink limit? Or is it not included because you pay for it?

Thanks for coming back re glass sizes. Wine by the glass is included in the cheers program but if you buy by the bottle it isn't. What you do get is a 25% DISCOUNT on bottle price

• 1 month later...

Archived