MSC Poesia Review Jan 19 2013

Iceberg2

After reading so many negative postings about this cruise line, I decided to go with an open mind as the price was favorable and offered a few new ports for me.

Embarkation was quick and without any delay, we arrived for 12:00 and was having lunch at the buffet for 1:30 pm.- I do not like buffets per say and did not know that the dining room was open and would have preferred to have been served.

Our balcony room on the 10th floor was a lovely size, plenty of storage space and the bathroom was not as tiny I was lead to believe. The staff in the dining room was really great. The food was very good and enough variety to satisfy us – we did not eat pasta with every meal, and had plenty of choices. We had a large group at our table, some with special diet requirements and they were handled with kid gloves. Every evening they ordered their meals for the next day and were pleased with their plates. The restaurant staff bent over backwards to see that we all enjoyed our meals. I love desserts and found them to be delicious.

The animation team was fantastic. I have never laughed so much and thought that the team was crazy and their antics in the Zebra club, theater, fashion show and deck parties were great. The nightly theater was entertaining. We just did not like one show, but the last two evenings were over the top performances.

We were unable to book some tours as they were filled when we finally decided what we would like. Getting off, even with tender at Georgetown was without problems.

Debarkation day was running at little late. We got off with wheelchair help so avoided the long line for customs. It took our other friends an hour to clear through the line. Finding our luggage was problem free..

We talked to many guests about their experiences on the cruise. Coming from Quebec, Canada and understanding French, there was no problem to have to deal with hearing messages and introductions in French, German, Spanish, Italian and English. We are accustomed to hearing foreign languages and loved the European flavor of the ship. This does not mean that I would jump on the next MSC cruise either.

What was missing on sea days was English programs such as Trivia Pursuit. The swimming pool is not handicap accessible with steps. There was very little entertainment around the pull during the day.

MSC has made big strides to get the North American business, they have a way to go, but they are on the right track. If a cruise comes up with the right itinerary and price, I would consider booking again next year.

Thank you for you review. We will be on Poesia at the en d of March, doing the itinerary I think.

Can you confirm when the buffet is open? I have read that it is now open from 6am until 2am. Our teenag boys are keen to know when they can stock up! They wull eat anything, so what it is is less important, but would be nice to know what is available outside normal dining times.

Thank you for you review. We will be on Poesia at the en d of March, doing the itinerary I think.

Can you confirm when the buffet is open? I have read that it is now open from 6am until 2am. Our teenag boys are keen to know when they can stock up! They wull eat anything, so what it is is less important, but would be nice to know what is available outside normal dining times.

Not really a fan of buffets - I have been there twice around 11:00 p.m. for tea and only saw pizza as being available. If is possible that someone else could help you.

Sorry.

Archived