Labadee zipline

texas bound

I will be visiting Labadee on my cruise in April on the Allure. I have ziplined on the Oasis and was not thrilled about my experience. I am hesitant to zipline on Labadee.

I wondered whether anyone has already done this? Is this difference than the one on the ship? Are you sitting in a seat and do they push you off or do you have to step off to get started?

The zipline at Labadee is very long! Much longer than what would be on a cruise ship. The zipline I believe is the longest over water in the caribbean, maybe world?

The harness is a "sit" down harness but you do have to ease yourself off the platform. There is a guide with you that will help you off the platform as well.

I loved the zipline but it is not for the faint of heart. I would suggest waiting to purchase the zipline until you get to labadee and decide if you want to do it or not. We were there last year with 2 ships there and it did not sell out. They still had spots at 1pm when our parasailing got canceled so we ziplined instead.

There are really three places you can get good shots from.

Probably the best is the area where the zip lines come in, at the area of the dragons breath.

Second is the beach area where they fly by.

And finally if you go to the volleyball area, they will zip over your head.

We 3 actually zipped as a family and we loved the pictures RCI took of us coming in to the landing area. It came in a very nice descriptive cover jacket describing how it is one of the longest over water lines. Well worth your investment.

Sea Ya

Archived