Review of the Sky - First time on NCL

deej696

We hopped on the Sky for a last minute 3 nighter. This was my first experience with NCL having sailed many times on CCL and RCL, so I was excited to see the differences.

The highlights...

We did the Ultimate Bar Package and were not charged for a single drink, included several premium orders and coffees. This was a nice surprise since we were told, and I had read here, that some premium stuff and specialty coffee drinks wouldn't be covered.

We did the specialty restaurants all 3 nights. Wasn't impressed with Cagney's at all. The Italian restaurant was good. The Bistro was great... Was pleasantly surprised with the Coq au Vin and it was a good way to end the cruise.

Service was just OK...Not a very friendly bunch and we never met our cabin steward, not that we needed him.

I posted a more indepth review of our experience on the Sky if it is of interest. Overall, it was a good experience, but I'm not in any huge hurry to jump back on NCL. Maybe it's the ship, or me...it could definitely be me, but we just thought it was mediocre at best. Of course, all we wanted was 3 days on the balcony with a book, and that's exactly what we got.

Nice review of your time on the Sky. We are going on the Sky for a 3 day in February prior to boarding the Sun and what you wrote about your experience is kind of what I am expecting. I guess on a short trip you really don't get to know the crew and it must be a vary different experience than being on a longer cruise. But, I like your style, I think we will be doing the same thing, just enjoying the ship and probably not getting off. The drink package sounds perfect for a weekend getaway.:)

Thanks for posting.

We have sailed three times, for New Year's Eve, on the Sky and have enjoyed our trips. Loved having the beverage package on this last trip! We have never tried the specialty restaurants and have always found the MDR food very good. Sorry your trip was not all that you expected. Enjoyed your photos!

That must be an awful ship to work on, the thought of 2 turn over days every week just does not sound like any fun at all.

I actually said something similar to this to my wife during our cruise. Has to be one of the rougher gigs in the industry I'd think...

Archived