I should be excited about my cruise..

paisley201

but I keep reading so-so reviews on the Miracle and Nassau. I just read there will be 20, 000 people docking at the same time as us. I don't do well with crowds. We have a snorkeling excursion booked for Nassau. It should be fun but now I'm wondering if we'll even make it! We dock at 11, excursion leaves at 11:30.

Am I worrying too much??? Pre-cruise stress???

Lisa

We will be there the same day as you, on the Victory. This is our first visit to Nassau, I also wonder what the crowds will be like. I am hoping since we dock at 7:00, we will have some time before it gets too crowded. No plans for the day, just exploring. I tend to stress out over things, but I'm not worried, just so happy to be cruising again! Have fun!

Many people love the Miracle, so don't worry about the reviews. I've cruised the sister ship, Pride, twice because I like the ship class a lot!

I think it's good you have an excursion, and you will make it fine since pretty much all excursions meet right outside the cruise terminal. Nassau has some beautiful water, and it's great you will get to get out and enjoy it. I don't think you'll find it too crowded once you get out into the open water. Might be a little packed right around the port area (straw market, restaurants), but you'll have fun on your excursion.

but I keep reading so-so reviews on the Miracle and Nassau. I just read there will be 20, 000 people docking at the same time as us. I don't do well with crowds. We have a snorkeling excursion booked for Nassau. It should be fun but now I'm wondering if we'll even make it! We dock at 11, excursion leaves at 11:30.

Lisa

We are in Nassau the day it has 20,000+ people and that will be on Friday, Feb 15th....the crowds may be less for you. We were on the Miracle on our 2nd cruise - nice ship (except maybe all the purple in the dining room). Make sure you find the secret garden hall....it's towards the front. Lovely, quiet area that hardly any people know about.

If you want to check for sure, go to either cruisetimetables or cruisett dot com to find out port load for the day you are there.

Actually, I just checked, and it will be 19,551 - guess that's pretty close to 20,000. but if you are going on an excursion, the amount of people in port shouldn't bother you too much. It will just be crowded getting through security or in on of the bars close to the pier. HAVE FUN, DON'T WORRY!

Lisa

DW is from Massapequa. Don't worry about the Miracle, she is a fabulous ship with a great crew. The cruise director, Malcolm Burn is fantastic. If they are still doing the silent film skit you have to see it. It is hilarious. As far as Nassau, the excursion people will not leave without you. Just be at the designated place at the designated time and you will be OK. If you booked the excursion yourself, take the excursion company's phone number with you just in case.

20,000 people isnt that bad really. That is less than a half empty baseball stadium.

Keep in mind that all the ships won't arrive and depart at the same time and that lots of people don't leave the ship.

I am positive you will have a great time!

For every bad review you can find a good one, and vice versa. The Miracle is my favorite ship out of the 4 Carnival ships I've sailed on. It's easy to find your way around. I love the layout. The decor is a little too much for some, but I liked it.

Nassau can definitely handle 20,000 people. The ships won't all arrive at exactly the same time, and regardless, people will spread out and move on to all sorts of different activities.

As far as the timing of your shore excursion, if it's not a Carnival excursion, it might be a little tight, but still doable. The excursions meet right off the pier in most cases, and it's not a terribly long walk.

I hope you have a great time!

I firmly believe that a cruise is what you make it, not what everyone else makes it. I love Nassau, not for the crowds, or the hawking of wares on the street, but for the beautiful blue waters. And so that is what I choose to remember from my cruise. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Archived