Native Way...Just Back

luv2cruise03

We just got back from our cruise on the Miracle today and our excursion with Native Way...We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour, Rum point beach was beautiful, and the food was great!

On the web site, it does not mention anything about lunch and says the tour is from 9-2 which I understand is CT/ship time equvalent of 8-1. It seems like the same tour you guys are mentioning through the same company, but again there is no mention of lunch at Rum Point so I thought I would ask you guys.

We did the Reef, Rays and Rum Point tour last week, and after snorkeling at a beautiful reef and holding a ray, they took us to Rum Point for lunch (included in the price), which I describe as a "Corona" island. Only private homes and a small bar/restaurant along with hammocks, lounge chairs and a view you do not want to leave. I would go back there in an instant. We got back to the pier about 3:15 so no one wanted to risk leaving the tender line for shopping, although it turned out we would have had enough time. I highly recommend this tour, I even told some of the ship's crew to take it - a can't miss. If they offered the DVD I would have bought it right away.

We are booked for the Rays, Reef & Rum Point in July and I am SO excited. I have stressed about the times, the food and just GETTING there (we were diverted from GC on our March cruise!) After reading this I will stop worrying and just ENJOY! (Although I have convinced my parents to take this excursion and it is there FIRST non-ship excursion...we HAVE to get back on time for that tender! :eek: )

I think I will email Sharon and inquire about the videographer (I am such a sucker for that sort of thing!)

I appreciate the tip about small bills.....anything else? Is there much "motion" on the boat? (My son got a little seasick on our trimaran trip in March and I would like to prevent that this time!)

We just returned from 5 days at Disney World after our Western Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We had a great cruise with my brother-in-law from Australia and his family. We met some of you who knew my niece as "Sally from Australia!" We went on the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion with Native Way and found it to be a great value. We had a large group for Native Way with 34 on our boat. However, we still had plenty of personal attention and we were glad we weren't on "the big boats" on the other side of the sandbar. The snorkeling was wonderful at Coral Gardens. The water was beautiful and very clear. We stopped right on the sandbar at Stingray Sandbar where even my 7 year old was able to stand with no problems. We were given plenty of time to interact with the stingrays. We were encouraged to hold and feed the rays. Lots of photo ops. Lunch was very good at Rum Point.

This is one of our two favorite excursions of all time, the other being the Golden Eagle Catamaran tour in St. Maarten.

Archived