Beach hut for baby

swalton85

we will be sailing in 3 weeks with our 10 month old son. we were hoping to spend a day or two on the beach while in port and was thinking about getting a portable beach hut so he can have some shade & a place to nap. has anyone ever used these before while cruising? this is the one i was planning on using http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sun-Stop-r-Kwik-Cabana-I/16437927?findingMethod=rr

we aren't flying so we don't have to worry about packing this or bringing it on a plane.

anyone else ever bring one and was it worth it?

Thanks!

I had those for my girls when we cruised the first couple years. Sometimes I wouldn't need it because we'd find an umbrella or palapa on the beach, but it folds almost completely flat and doesn't weigh much, so it's really easy to bring along and since I won't allow my kids to sit in the sun, it came in really handy. Practice folding it a few times before you leave - it's quick and easy once you get the hang of it, but it took me a few tries.

Have a great time!

Best

Mia

Actually, I've owned several of these tents that I use to contain my show cats in hotel rooms. They break down quickly and roll up like an umbrella into their pouch (I'm familiar with the type Mia mention that fold flat but are sometimes a challenge to fold). Too bad you don't live closer as I've got a brand new one in a box that I can't use since the company replaced the zipper at the opening with Velcro tabs. OK for a baby but even an intellectually challenged Persian can escape.

We had something like that when DD was little for beach trips. Didnt have that same exact brand, but it was fairly similar. It was great for naps (though she didnt take many as she was curious what was going on outside) & for privacy for diaper changes. But for the most part, I notice she liked the shade of an umbrella more.

FYI, read reviews for them, there are some that are tricky to fold back up. Also, make sure they have multiple ventilation spots, as if you have it just under the sun and not an umbrella, it can get pretty warm.

Archived