Some Thoughts on Fascination

Just off the Fascination, and here are some tidbit pieces of information.

2.0 Upgrades:

The only 2.0 upgrades the ship got are the branding of the Punchliner comedy club, the Playlist Productions, and DJ IRIE. No comedy brunch or anything else that were once listed on Carnival's website.

Secret deck:

The secret deck (accessible from Lido) isn't so secret. It's even listed on the ship's little map as observation deck, and it could get very busy at times, particularly when pulling into Nassau. As with other Fantasy class ships, I'd imagine, it was narrow with no deck chairs. Because of this, we didn't really spend much time there.

Chair hogs:

I didn't notice really a problem with chair hogs. Yes, some chairs would be saved with personal items, but if we walked past those chairs again a short time later, they were occupied by people. There were almost always chairs available wherever you wanted them. This could be due to the fact that there were a large number of older people on the ship, and both sea days were somewhat chilly. There were no signs posted about the 40-minute rule.

Shows:

The two new shows....Motor City and Divas...were both good, with Divas being somewhat better in my opinion.

If anyone has any other questions they'd like answered, just let me know.

When we wer on a b2b on Fascination in Oct there were signs posted on Serenity about the 40 minute rule. I don't think I ever tried to find a chair on the other decks, but would have thought they would have signs there as well. Wonder if they took them down.

Maybe they took them down with the dry dock and never put them back, because I never noticed any signs on Serenity about the 40 minute rule either, and we were on that deck nearly every single day.

I am gluten free for medical reasons and not eat seafood in the buffet itself did they have hot meat entrees and veggies or was it mostly fast food type foods. How was dinner in the MDR?

The Lido area had the rotisserie, Mongolian Wok (with two types of noodles--not sure if one of them would be gluten free or not--and if not, you could still go to the Wok and just get the vegetables and meat and have them do those for you I suppose, for a hot meal), and the feast of nations or whatever they call those stations. They also have a salad station.

I always enjoy the food in the MDR, so no complaints there.

Archived